Soju Intro [WoW]

Sojusaur

10 hours ago, Sojusaur said:

(if you can't tell I'm a lil' hoity toity about most canned stuff lololol, plus I think the process of learning to make new things is really fun)

I'm 100% with you on that. I much prefer making things myself and any time I can make something from scratch instead of buying pre-made, I do. I love learning new techniques and recipes, experimenting is half the fun. I also find making things I know and am comfortable with to be almost meditative in a way. Making a dough by hand or chopping lots of vegetables or making a good roux are all things I can get lost in, sometimes I just put on some good music and zen out making food. 

For WoW, I'm really torn between like Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, Vale (when it was pretty!~), or WoD Shadowmoon Valley, Grizzly Hills, Goldshire, or Eversong Woods.

Can I get the Grizzly Hills soundtrack to play on my farm if I choose there? Because that might be enough to change my answer :lol:

I haven't heard Perfect Day before, it's amazing!

I had to look up Hay Fever and found it pretty haunting because one of the last lyrics he sang was "October the 5th you took your last breath" and I noticed he died like October 16th when I was looking them up, so I was like oooo freaky. 

I'm glad you liked Perfect Day! I love turning people on to Dem Atlas. His music is super catchy and fun to sing along to and he's super energetic and charismatic live. He was also incredibly friendly and humble the couple times I met him after a show. Great great artist all-around imo.

The song "Hay Fever" was written about the day Micheal (Eyedea) had to have his dog put down, it is an interesting and macabre coincidence that he also died in October (the lines "winter takes the warm away, spring takes the cold away/summer takes the rain away and fall took away my friend" are certainly quite haunting with that knowledge). It hits me in the feels every time, I think if you listen to the lyrics again knowing it's about his dog it has a whole new emotional impact. There's a few lines that conclude with "but I don't need you out there somewhere if I have you in my thoughts" that are both super sad and also weirdly comforting to me. It also reminds me of another Eyedea song, "Here For You", and specifically these lyrics:

I see the beauty of it all, and it feels like a dream
And at that time I appreciate the rivers course
Some call it God, reality, momentum, force
I stare up at the naked moon, and she stares down at me
Outside false boundaries I’m all I look outward to see
The universe is not something separate from yourself
I know you feel alone, but that's why I'm here to help
I know you feel alone, but just look up at the stars
And everything that is out there is what you really are

Eyedea was such a beautiful writer. I miss him as much as one can miss someone they never personally knew, it's weird how you can feel so connected to someone through their art. 

Edited by Mordigrim

12 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

Here For You", and specifically these lyrics:

I see the beauty of it all, and it feels like a dream
And at that time I appreciate the rivers course
Some call it God, reality, momentum, force
I stare up at the naked moon, and she stares down at me
Outside false boundaries I’m all I look outward to see
The universe is not something separate from yourself
I know you feel alone, but that's why I'm here to help
I know you feel alone, but just look up at the stars
And everything that is out there is what you really are

Eyedea was such a beautiful writer. I miss him as much as one can miss someone they never personally knew, it's weird how you can feel so connected to someone through their art. 

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. A couple of friends and I talk a lot of metaphysics, and string theory, quantum physics, etc. So that stanza is absolutely perfect to me.