Malovo Intro [WoW]

Barius

image0.png.fcb8cdfc0a956e58d1d50a377c963501.png

Now that I have your attention, hi there,

My name is Michael but you can call me Malovo/Barius (I made the account before I confirmed the name was available on the server :D). I'm a friend of Gesari & Soju's, I used to raid with both of them back in Siege of Orgimmar; but I've known/raided with Gesari since BC. I've recently decided to start raiding again after taking some time off, and where better than with friends new and old. My previous raid experience extends back to Vanilla WoW where I was in in the top guild on Lothar at the time <Destiny> as a holy paladin. As time went by and I raided with each following expansion I've switched between roles as a jack of all trades so to speak, at current I am playing a Destro Warlock.

As evidence of the above, I don't take myself very seriously, I'm always in it for the laughs, and bringing joy to those that I play with and fostering a sense of community. For my day job, I deal with the Immigration court system in NJ, as well as negotiating/drafting contracts for a large entertainment company so there is little room for jokes sadly. Outside of work, I love Murder She Wrote (I may be 29 but I have the taste of a grandma sometimes), doggies, music, cooking, and most recently D&D. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully bringing you some laughs :)

Hello there, new friend!

You can call me Mordigrim or Brad, I answer to either. Mordi also works. If you fancy your own variation, that probably works too. 

I see that you are maining a Warlock. That means we are automatically best friends. You have no choice in the matter. 

Ok so first let's talk D&D. Are you playing 5E? What's your current race/class? I'm a Pathfinder player. Currently still playing 1E Pathfinder in two ongoing campaigns, my main is a Lizardfolk Barbarian at the moment. I've started buying 2E Pathfinder books too, it's a bit more streamlined and not as crunchy as 1E so I'm hoping to teach it to my 7yo son. He's been vaguely interested in my Pathfinder hobby for a while but after seeing the movie Onward recently he has decided he's all in and wants to play a fantasy RPG. I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

You mentioned music. What kind of music? Are you a multi-genre person or do you have a favorite genre? If you could see any three bands/artists (alive or dead and from any point in history) in one night at a show who would you pick and why?

You're transformed into a tree. You can be any kind of tree. Your roots can be placed in any place in the world but as a tree you can't make the choice to move at any point. You're a magical tree that can see, hear, smell, and perceive the world around you but you can't speak, communicate, or otherwise interact with your surroundings (aside from natural tree things like growing limbs/roots, dropping seeds/leaves, etc). Tell me about your new home and life as a tree. 

Edited by Mordigrim

Hi Mord, great to meet ya!

8 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

I see that you are maining a Warlock. That means we are automatically best friends. You have no choice in the matter. 

This perfectly acceptable, please feel free to add me on Discord Baruis#5550 and/or BNet Barius#11900 so we can work on our secret handshake, just FYI fire will be involved so please plan accordingly.

Ok so first let's talk D&D. Are you playing 5E? What's your current race/class? I'm a Pathfinder player. Currently still playing 1E Pathfinder in two ongoing campaigns, my main is a Lizardfolk Barbarian at the moment. I've started buying 2E Pathfinder books too, it's a bit more streamlined and not as crunchy as 1E so I'm hoping to teach it to my 7yo son. He's been vaguely interested in my Pathfinder hobby for a while but after seeing the movie Onward recently he has decided he's all in and wants to play a fantasy RPG. I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

Yes, I am playing 5E! Funnily enough my current character is a half-elf Warlock (Hexblade), I'm trying to break myself of a min/max mindset but have thus far been unsuccessful lol. That's awesome, how is 2E Pathfinder compared to D&D rules/complexity/ease of picking up? (I've heard 1E Pathfinder is quite a curve). Also very cool to hear your son is getting into it, I'd like to think my dad was excited when I got into Football until I picked New England as my favorite team.

You mentioned music. What kind of music? Are you a multi-genre person or do you have a favorite genre? If you could see any three bands/artists (alive or dead and from any point in history) in one night at a show who would you pick and why?

I am very much a multi-genre person, but my favorite by far is old school punk (Black Flag (Henry Rollins Era), Dead Kennedys, Melvins, Misfits).

God, this is a tough question but I would choose:

Tyler, The Creator - His evolution from Goblin to IGOR has been phenomenal to watch as he's grown lyrically, musically, and subject-matter wise.

Misfits (Danzig Era) -  They're just my favorite band of all time, and have had significant influence on my life since I first heard them when I was 12.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - He gave so much beauty to the world in such a short amount of time with his music, and he still had so much left to give.

9 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

You're transformed into a tree. You can be any kind of tree. Your roots can be placed in any place in the world but as a tree you can't make the choice to move at any point. You're a magical tree that can see, hear, smell, and perceive the world around you but you can't speak, communicate, or otherwise interact with your surroundings (aside from natural tree things like growing limbs/roots, dropping seeds/leaves, etc). Tell me about your new home and life as a tree. 

I would be a cherry tree in the Coachella Valley, at least twice a year I would get to hear good music, the weather is generally pretty nice and I may save a life with my fruit if someone was having a bad trip & got lost. We'll also say my fruit can't cause anaphylactic shock so I don't have a saved & a killed list lol.

1 hour ago, Barius said:

FYI fire will be involved so please plan accordingly.

Fel fire, I hope.

1 hour ago, Barius said:

how is 2E Pathfinder compared to D&D rules/complexity/ease of picking up? (I've heard 1E Pathfinder is quite a curve).

I haven't played 5E, I'm only tangentially aware of the ruleset from listening to podcasts that play 5E. I think if 1E Pathfinder is a 10 out of 10 on the complexity scale, 5E is probably a 4 or 5 and 2E Pathfinder is probably a 6. Still more complex than 5E but significantly easier to pickup than 1E Pathfinder. But again, I haven't personally played 5E so I may be off on that scale. 

1 hour ago, Barius said:

my favorite by far is old school punk (Black Flag (Henry Rollins Era), Dead Kennedys, Melvins, Misfits).

Did we just become double best friends? Here's my beloved battle vest (that's a Suicidal Tendencies patch hiding under a fold on the front lower right). Some patches I still need to add are Fugazi and Descendents, then probably some Rocksteady stuff if I can find it. I'd like to add a Toots & The Maytals patch if I find one that matches the aesthetic, otherwise I may just settle for a Trojan Records patch. Might also paint some checkers on somewhere. It's a neverending work in progress.

1498365710_ZomboDroid08052020183717.thumb.jpg.d89e24dbf0b06fdf9d783b225ecc158d.jpg

Edited by Mordigrim

18 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

Fel fire, I hope.

I didn't farm the book for it to be regular.

18 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

Did we just become double best friends? Here's my beloved battle vest (that's a Suicidal Tendencies patch hiding under a fold on the front lower right). Some patches I still need to add are Fugazi and Descendents, then probably some Rocksteady stuff if I can find it. I'd like to add a Toots & The Maytals patch if I find one that matches the aesthetic, otherwise I may just settle for a Trojan Records patch. Might also paint some checkers on somewhere. It's a neverending work in progress.

I think we may have, if you love 80's horror movies as well it may even be triple best friends (and I'd have a podcast recommendation too haha). Amazing vest, and even cooler patches, finally someone else who listens to Suicidal Tendencies. It won't let me upload the picture, but I have a Static Age CD signed by Frank Licata, one of the women I work with is really good friends with him and his daughter. 

15 hours ago, Barius said:

I think we may have, if you love 80's horror movies as well it may even be triple best friends (and I'd have a podcast recommendation too haha).

Triple best friends, it is. Evil Dead 2, Friday the 13th Part 3, The Thing, The Shining, Hellraiser, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Pet Sematary, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween (yes I know those last two were 70's lol) are all favorites of mine. I'm a sucker for nostalgia flicks in general but classic horror specifically is definitely a favorite of mine. 

What's the podcast rec? I'm always looking for new podcasts to get me through the work day. 

1 hour ago, Mordigrim said:

Triple best friends, it is. Evil Dead 2, Friday the 13th Part 3, The Thing, The Shining, Hellraiser, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Pet Sematary, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween (yes I know those last two were 70's lol) are all favorites of mine. I'm a sucker for nostalgia flicks in general but classic horror specifically is definitely a favorite of mine. 

Quadruple best friends cause of Evil Dead 2, Bruce Campbell is my favorite B horror movie actor ever haha. Your taste is impeccable, and I respect the hell out of you.

1 hour ago, Mordigrim said:

What's the podcast rec? I'm always looking for new podcasts to get me through the work day. 

I sent you the Spotify link on Discord, it's called "Say You Love Satan 80s Horror Podcast" it's a group of friends from Jersey/Philly it's really funny.

Evil Dead 2 is easily my favorite of the genre too. It's the perfect balance of classic horror and dark humor. I love everything about it. 

I'll definitely check the podcast out, I'll queue it up Monday when I'm back at work. 

However, don't go praising my tastes too much just yet. Yes, I absolutely love all those things. But I also unironically love things like Katy Perry, rom-coms, the color pink, and I'm super into Bath & Body Works scents. I have a wide variety of interests :lol:

47 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

However, don't go praising my tastes too much just yet. Yes, I absolutely love all those things. But I also unironically love things like Katy Perry, rom-coms, the color pink, and I'm super into Bath & Body Works scents. I have a wide variety of interests :lol:

Hey, we all have that side, no glass house here haha. I was singing Brandy (Your a fine girl) to myself last night when I wasn't talking in Discord, and this morning I was singing A Thousand Miles lol.

48 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

Evil Dead 2 is easily my favorite of the genre too. It's the perfect balance of classic horror and dark humor. I love everything about it. 

Yeah all things considered, Sam Rami really killed it with the entire series. The reboot/sequel that Fede Alvarez did a few years ago was also fantastic imo, Mia was a pretty good Ash substitute.