Kai Intro [WoW]

Kai

Hello. I'm Garrett. In games I tend to go by Kai in some form or another. I'm a friend of recent applicants Soju, Gesari, and Caresia.

I have recently decided to try and get back into WoW in some form or another. I'd love to raid as long as real life allows me to. If not, I'd just like a friendly group to get to know and hang out with. I've played WoW since vanilla. Raided from BC all the way into Cataclysm where I finally got burned out. I mostly mained a tank during that time but would dps when I got the chance. Since then I've jumped back in at every expansion but never found a guild to call home. Recently started leveling a hunter on Stormreaver named Kaizul in hopes of playing with some friends again.

Outside of games I'm a welder in an automotive factory. We've been shutdown since March 20th so I've had a lot of time to game and spend with my daughter. I'm a single father to a 3 year old heathen so my game time can be limited at times. Most of the time I'm a man of few words, but I could probably talk endlessly about my daughter or games I'm into. I've also been told I'm grumpy.

Hi, Kai! Nice to meet you. I should probably have an intro for who I am, but I honestly don't yet.

Anyway, the first question of course has to be what games are you excited about right now?

Which part of your body would you replace with an improved mechanical version?

If you could have an unlimited supply of only one item for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

I'm definitely excited for Shadowlands. In between games, I usually play Rimworld or modded Minecraft, so i'm usually excited about those. XCOM Chimera Squad and Gears Tactics came out recently and I really enjoy those style games, so I'm looking forward to getting into those at some point as well.

I would replace my back. I'm tired of back pain.

I would love to have an unlimited supply of pulled pork from a local bbq place here. I could eat it every day.

12 hours ago, Kai said:

I would love to have an unlimited supply of pulled pork from a local bbq place here. I could eat it every day.

My local BBQ spot makes a pulled pork grilled mac & cheese and it's so good that I sometimes have dreams about it. Buttered Texas toast, melted cheese, a scoop of their made-in-house mac & cheese, and a pile of pulled pork. Cole slaw and fried green tomatoes on the side and a cold pint of a hazy IPA and it's good enough that if it was my last meal I'd look down on my empty corporeal husk and think "yeah, that was a good choice".

So anyway, I'm Mordigrim, Mordi for short. Brad is also acceptable. I'm not picky. 

I started playing in TBC and I also raided through most of Cata. I left raiding partially through Dragon Soul to focus on real life things, although to be honest I was probably a bit burnt out as well. What's your favorite raid or raiding memory from those early expansions? My favorite raiding memory is still clearing Heroic Lich King. A group of friends and myself left a toxic guild that had hit a wall and couldn't get through the encounter and formed our own 10-man guild. It took a lot of work but downing it felt epic, it was such a great in-game story and encounter and the vindication we as players felt of doing it on our own without the toxic people we left behind was awesome. I still wear "Bane of the Fallen King" as my title more often than not. That group would mostly end up going our separate ways for various reasons and that's when I landed in SoH. SoH has been my home since mid-T11, even after I left raiding the community here kept me around. 

Gaming with a kid in the house can be a challenge! I have a 7 year-old son and I can't even tell you how often I'll be mid-dungeon or at a pivotal point in a BG or something when he suddenly needs my attention :lol: Just last night I was in the middle of a Horrific Vision with Esta and Malovo and sure enough, the kiddo had gotten the orange juice out of the fridge and was crying because he couldn't get it open and he needed orange juice right away. The in-game follow feature has bailed me out several times now lol. He's starting gaming himself now which can be fun, he played WoW for the first time a little while ago and so far his favorite thing is being driven around in my Mechano-Hog. It's the little things, I guess. What are some of your favorite things to do with your kiddo? 

You're setting out on a fantasy adventure to save the world from a big bad evil guy and their legion of minions. You can bring two people with you. One must be a real person but can be from any point in history, you have the capability to pluck them from any point in time to join your party. The other must be a fictional character but can be from any fictional work of your choice. Who are your two adventuring partners and why?

Look forward to getting to know you, feel free to hit me back with any questions you might have!

Hey Mord.

My favorite raiding memory is my very first Ragnaros kill. I was more of a casual raider back then. I joined a guild as a dps warrior that was just starting Molten Core right at the end of the expansion. I think the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj had already opened by then. Our guild leader was our main tank and we had a solid off tank. Neither of them ever missed a raid. We had every boss but Rag on farm and it was progression night on him. There had been some drama between the officers that I never bothered getting the details of. Our guild leader logged on that night and said something along the lines of that we would never be able to down Rag without him and logged off for the night. We decided to carry on with our off tank as the main tank for the night and I got picked as the off tank because i had the best fire resist of the remaining warriors. I had never tanked Rag before that night so i was rather nervous. We prepared, did our first pull of the night and managed to down him on our first try. The excitement over voice chat was nuts. I was hooked on raiding ever since then.

I pretty much just love hanging around with my daughter and doing whatever it is she wants to do at the time or introducing her to new things. It amazes me the things she picks up and learns only being 3. It also amazes me how incredibly sweet she can be one second and how much a pain in the butt she can be moments later lol. She has her own little kids tablet that has these simple learning games on it that i will play with her. She really enjoys them so i'm very much looking forward to playing games with her in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Kai said:

We prepared, did our first pull of the night and managed to down him on our first try. The excitement over voice chat was nuts. I was hooked on raiding ever since then.

What a great story, I love it. That feeling really is the best. It's amazing how those things can stick with you for so long. WoW was the first game that ever really gave me that feeling and that's probably why I'm still playing it some 13 years or so after I started. 

12 minutes ago, Kai said:

I pretty much just love hanging around with my daughter and doing whatever it is she wants to do at the time or introducing her to new things. It amazes me the things she picks up and learns only being 3.

Dude, right? I can remember when my son was that age. It sounds weird but that time period was when I really started to see him as his own unique human being and not just an extension of me that I had to coddle and protect. I can remember when he started showing interest in things on his own, not just because it was what I liked (the Jake and the Neverland Pirates phase went on for far too long imo lol). Taking him to the zoo around that age is one of my favorite memories, just watching him absorb all the sights and sounds and just really take everything in for the first time. It's an amazing thing to watch. 

16 minutes ago, Kai said:

It also amazes me how incredibly sweet she can be one second and how much a pain in the butt she can be moments later lol.

In my experience, this only grows more pronounced with age. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Kai said:

She has her own little kids tablet that has these simple learning games on it that i will play with her. She really enjoys them so i'm very much looking forward to playing games with her in the future. 

We had a LeapPad. He loved it. It was definitely his favorite thing for a solid couple years. I don't think he quit playing it on a near daily basis until we got a Switch and he graduated to Super Mario Odyssey. Right now his biggest obsession is Minecraft. He would play Minecraft every hour of every day if I'd let him. I never got into Minecraft so I can't even really help him with that one but at this point he's more likely to be teaching me things than vice versa. It happens so fast, one day you wake up and your kid is smarter than you in a lot of ways. I knew it would happen, I just didn't know it would happen at 7 years old :lol:

Kai, I can certainly relate to the "heathen" statement. My youngest can be a holy terror, and he's a mama's boy so 90% of the time dad doesn't cut it. I'm waiting for my oldest to go through a heathen stage.

No questions from me because I've been doing the work from home thing while making sure my kids get their school stuff done, so my brain is fried. Thank god the school year is almost over.