Intro [Wow]

Chia

Hey! I'm Chia aka Brad, I'm a friend of Esta's. I'm gonna be straight up I am awful at talking about myself but here goes.

I've been gaming for most of my entire life from N64 all the way to current systems. I got into wow sometime during the BC era and boy oh boy was I terrrrrrrible so nothing has really changed on that front at all. The only thing that did was 2 years ago I decided in a cost saving effort to put real focus into wow causing me to purchase fewer AAA titles. Since then I've grown into a huge fan of the community aspects of WoW. It's also the first real foray into raiding that I'll say truly counts. There was a time in Cata, but uh, I'll save that disgrace for another time.

IRL - I'm pretty dumb, literally have the job that most crack heads rotate through. Flat Roofing, so most of my days while its not raining (we melt FYI) have me outside sweating and moving disgustingly heavy objects from point A to point B usually with some kind of adhesive/tar in between.

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone.

Hey! I'm Mordi aka Brad! We can be Brad bros! I call dibs on B. Rad though. 

I was also terrrrrrrible when I started in TBC! We have so much in common :lol:

I've never done flat roofing (or any roofing for that matter) but a buddy of mine has been doing it for over a decade and from the way he talks about it I can't imagine how anyone sticks with it. I certainly don't have the strength or fortitude to do a job like that.

So you're chosen to be a part of a long-term study where you have limited access to electronics. You can play console video games as much as you want and you can bring any game and any number of games you want. The study has every console ever made available for you to use. However the catch is you're only allowed one game per console and once you choose the game for each console you can't change it for the duration of the study. What games and for what consoles do you choose and why?

What's your absolute must-have food and/or beverage on the hottest of hot days? How about on the coldest of cold days?

Look forward to hearing back from you and getting to know you, welcome to the SoH forums! Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

Chia, you picked Esta for a friend so you can't be all that dumb. :D And take it from me, there lots of kinds of smart. There's a reason why I do nothing with electronics, our vehicles (except put fuel in them), or anything around the house or garden that involves construction or repairing things.

No random questions from me, because my brain is fried. Just a hai!

6 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

Hey! I'm Mordi aka Brad! We can be Brad bros! I call dibs on B. Rad though. 

You can have it, typically people start remembering the chia pet commercial after saying my character name :P.

6 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

So you're chosen to be a part of a long-term study where you have limited access to electronics. You can play console video games as much as you want and you can bring any game and any number of games you want. The study has every console ever made available for you to use. However the catch is you're only allowed one game per console and once you choose the game for each console you can't change it for the duration of the study. What games and for what consoles do you choose and why?

What's your absolute must-have food and/or beverage on the hottest of hot days? How about on the coldest of cold days?

ALRIGHT lot of systems/games to get thru here 

Any Gameboy just assume a Pokemon game to go with it

N64 - Ocarina of Time (Classic have to)

GameCube - Supersmash bros melee (tight between this and Zelda Windwaker)

Switch - Zelda BotW (I think you're getting the pattern here)

Xbox - Destroy all humans

Xbox 360 - Halo 3

PS2 - Tony Hawks Proskater 2

PS3 - Assassin's Creed 2 Brotherhood

PS4 - Horizon Zero Dawn

The why on these I'd like to think are pretty self explanatory if not tho, these def make the cut for some of the games I've put the most time into in each of their respective consoles.

Honestly either hot or cold days...if they dont start with coffee its gonna be a bad day. BUT assuming that Hottest days finishing with a shower beer is pure joy, cold days its a nice chili or soup midday.

37 minutes ago, Merriwhizzle said:

Chia, you picked Esta for a friend so you can't be all that dumb. :D

I'm pretttttty sure picking Esta for a friend confirms my statement. On the other hand you def could be right smart enough to trick her into liking me enough to put up with me :D.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:30 PM, Chia said:

ALRIGHT lot of systems/games to get thru here 

Any Gameboy just assume a Pokemon game to go with it

N64 - Ocarina of Time (Classic have to)

GameCube - Supersmash bros melee (tight between this and Zelda Windwaker)

Switch - Zelda BotW (I think you're getting the pattern here)

Xbox - Destroy all humans

Xbox 360 - Halo 3

PS2 - Tony Hawks Proskater 2

PS3 - Assassin's Creed 2 Brotherhood

PS4 - Horizon Zero Dawn

The why on these I'd like to think are pretty self explanatory if not tho, these def make the cut for some of the games I've put the most time into in each of their respective consoles.

I agree with a lot of your choices! I'd also likely take a Pokemon game for each Gameboy iteration. I might consider taking Mario Kart 64 since I'd definitely take BotW for the Switch for my Zelda fix. GameCube I'd probably take Metroid Prime over Smash Bros. And I'd take Mario Party 10 for the Wii U and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. NES would be Super Mario Bros and SNES would probably be Donkey Kong Country. 

I don't have strong feelings about the Xbox or PS bloodlines, I guess. Maybe KotOR for Xbox, and I'd agree with Halo 3 for 360. THPS2 is a solid choice for PS2 and I never played the following gens of PS but I'd probably take Spider-Man for the PS4 and play it for the first time. 

Edited by Mordigrim

ok ok ok so I've had half of this typed out for days and work has just wrekt me.

On 5/17/2020 at 3:07 PM, Mordigrim said:

I might consider taking Mario Kart 64 since I'd definitely take BotW for the Switch for my Zelda fix. GameCube I'd probably take Metroid Prime over Smash Bros. And I'd take Mario Party 10 for the Wii U and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. NES would be Super Mario Bros and SNES would probably be Donkey Kong Country. 

I don't have strong feelings about the Xbox or PS bloodlines, I guess. Maybe KotOR for Xbox, and I'd agree with Halo 3 for 360. THPS2 is a solid choice for PS2 and I never played the following gens of PS but I'd probably take Spider-Man for the PS4 and play it for the first time. 

Mario Kart 64 is def a good sub the only reason I stuck to more single player games for the nintendo systems are because usuallyyy they require split screen/in the same room co-op which while fantastic I assumed for the study I'd be stuck somewhere solo. GC Metroid Prime is amazeballs (even now still holds up I've watched old lets plays on youtube) but idk what it is about Smash melee it hooks me in just fighting the AI. Very solid choices for the Wii U and Wii I personally skipped the Wii U so im not even sure what games were available for it. Galaxy was a very solid addition to the Mario platformers.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT KOTOR and now I feel like a HUGE derp. I played that and the second iteration quite a bit. One of my childhood buddies is a Huge Starwars geek and he had both! When we were kids we would take turns swapping them (yea they were both his but the joys of childhood friendship amirte?) He did better/went farther in the first whereas i did better/farther in the second. AND AS I TYPE THIS I completely forgot about Mass Effect 1 and 2. I dont know what I'd swap out for it... Maybe Halo 3.

Spider-Man on PS4 is ALMOST worth getting a PS4 just for that they got the travel right its so good it made it worth picking up the DLC on top of it!

Well, BotW is available on Wii U, so that could free up your Switch spot! 

I didn't have many consoles growing up, dooooo I guess that technically makes this easier for me. 

SNES - The Magical Quest Starring Mickey (we had a ton of Disney games and this one was actually great) 

GBA - I never had many games for it, so I think I'll go with the pokemon game I borrowed from a friend once. 

PS1 - FFIX easy

PSP - TBH I don't really remember what I had on this system. I remember playing God of War on it so let's go with that. 

PS2 - Tough choice. I'm tempted to say FFXII or Xenosaga, but I already have a JRPG. I think I'll go with Beyond Good and Evil.

Original DS - Rune Factory. Haven't played that game in forever and now I want to go dig up my DS.

PS4 - This one is another really tough choice. Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War have quite a bit of content and a world I enjoy. But I think I'm actually going to go with Pyre. If I'm going to be stuck on an island alone, I'm going to need to feel like I have friends and Pyre did that for me when I moved from California to New York.

PC - Absolutely Witcher 3. If I can't count PC as a console, then W3 is my PS4 choice. 

Switch - Since I'm trying to stick with only consoles that I had (and still have, actually) then I'm going with BotW.

I really need to play KOTOR and the Mass Effects. >.>