Jinjo Intro (WoW Retail)

Jinjo

Hello,
I'm Jinjo, a friend of Soju, Kai and Gesari. I mainly play Classic WoW just for fun but am looking to catch up in Retail and improve.

I attended Juilliard. I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that.
I've seen The Exorcist about a hundred and sixty-seven times and it keeps getting funnier every time I see it.
(This is a movie quote, I actually dropped out of college. Sorry.)

Ok. Beetlejuice quote gets you my approval. We're friends now. 

I'm Mordi, Mordigrim, Brad, or sometimes Bardly. You can take your pick.

What realm/race/class do you main on Classic? The last character I was playing on Classic was a level 40 Dwarf Hunter on Grobbulus. Really interesting realm with some fun RP guilds and lots of organized WPVP. 

What makes you want to come back to Retail? Why now? What are some of your in-game goals going forward? (P.S. There are no wrong answers here.)

If you could pick any two fictional characters to spend a weekend with who would you pick, where would you go, and what would you do?

Look forward to getting to know you!

Raided on Pagle as a Human Warrior but really I mainly just leveled alts.

I have a warrior, priest and hunter at 60 while the rest are parked at 40.

Figured I could use a break from the grind and do some catching up in Retail. I haven't played since about halfway into Battle of Dazar'alor.

I wouldn't mind doing some raiding but I know it's a tad late to catch up.

There's a lot of fictional characters out there but the first two that popped into my head are Goku and Vegeta's training with Lord Beerus.

Maybe it's my subconscious telling me I miss the gym.

Nice to meet you all!

9 hours ago, Jinjo said:

I wouldn't mind doing some raiding but I know it's a tad late to catch up.

It's never too late! If you're genuinely interested we'll get your gear up to par. Between M+ runs, Visions, and the fact that we're not even pulling Mythic raid bosses yet you can totally get caught up if you're interested.

9 hours ago, Jinjo said:

There's a lot of fictional characters out there but the first two that popped into my head are Goku and Vegeta's training with Lord Beerus.

Interesting choice! I'd be afraid of accidentally being obliterated by an errant blast or even just the mere shockwave of their strikes, training with literal gods would be quite the experience if you could survive it though. If I had to answer this question myself I think my answer could very well change day-to-day depending on my mood. Right now I'd pick Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear and go on a road trip with them like the original Muppet Movie. 

Do you have any questions for me/us (serious or silly)? 

12 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

It's never too late! If you're genuinely interested we'll get your gear up to par. Between M+ runs, Visions, and the fact that we're not even pulling Mythic raid bosses yet you can totally get caught up if you're interested.

Not sure I'd even have the time with these faction rep grinds and catching up with allied races. Why on earth did we go back to daily quests?! World quests were just fine.

Interesting choice! I'd be afraid of accidentally being obliterated by an errant blast or even just the mere shockwave of their strikes, training with literal gods would be quite the experience if you could survive it though. If I had to answer this question myself I think my answer could very well change day-to-day depending on my mood. Right now I'd pick Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear and go on a road trip with them like the original Muppet Movie.

Ya know every time I listen to Cake I get their song Mahna Mahna stuck in my head. It wasn't until very recently that I learned that it was a cover of a song popularized by the Muppet Show.

Do you have any questions for me/us (serious or silly)? 

Yeah when do we all carve Slayer into our arms or is the guild name just a coincidence?

12 hours ago, Jinjo said:

Not sure I'd even have the time with these faction rep grinds and catching up with allied races. Why on earth did we go back to daily quests?! World quests were just fine.

If you can work on your legendary cloak and unlock a few Essences, you'll be set up to jump into raids. If it's something that interests you I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be willing to help with whatever we can. If it doesn't interest you, that's totally cool too.

12 hours ago, Jinjo said:

Yeah when do we all carve Slayer into our arms or is the guild name just a coincidence?

I thought the same thing when I first joined! In fact, my belief that the name was a Slayer reference is what caught my attention and led me here in the first place. However, the name has no official association with Slayer. You can find more info on the symbolism of the name and logo here.

15 hours ago, Jinjo said:

It might be a coincidence, but I still advocate for Slayer- based ritual scarification. 

Also hi! I'm Esta. I raid lead and tank things here. As Mordi has said, we'd be happy to help you get up to speed on anything you need or want. We can always bring you along to at least the reclears of the earlier bosses in raid to help you gear up and I can do plenty of Horrific Visions carries as well. 

3 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

If you can work on your legendary cloak and unlock a few Essences, you'll be set up to jump into raids. If it's something that interests you I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be willing to help with whatever we can. If it doesn't interest you, that's totally cool too.

Cool, I'll work on what I can and we'll go from there.

27 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

Also hi! I'm Esta. I raid lead and tank things here. As Mordi has said, we'd be happy to help you get up to speed on anything you need or want. We can always bring you along to at least the reclears of the earlier bosses in raid to help you gear up and I can do plenty of Horrific Visions carries as well. 

Hello there! Thanks. It seems I have a wide variety of people to call upon for help.