Dog - Retail WoW Applicant

DogOfWar

This is totally weird for me.

Ive not created a forum login and introduced myself using a a "fake" (see in-game) name since briefly joining Death & Taxes for original Naxx 40 back in 2006-8 whenever that was. Briefly because neither the friend i followed nor myself were particularly that consistently hardcore. If i recall correctly, my friend made 2 or so months longer than i did which i attribute to his Manitoba winters vs my Boston ones.

In any event, the group of wow friends i raided with through MoP i met via CS 1.3 servers, and my 13 year old gamertag was DogOfWar as a MGS reference, so Dog's the name I listed up top, but im totally ambivalent about naming and dont think i have a single WoW character with that name.

Hopefully this serves as something of an introduction.

I tend towards playing tanks, and have mained everything except a druid (ever) or dh (have done high m+, never non-trivial raiding). I mained heals during wrath, mop. There was a brief time in vanilla i mained melee dps (rogue). This was a long way of saying i am both open to playing anything, and imho can in short order prove im early CE quality in any of the three roles in any class (though i think id quit before having to deal with what i understand the guardian druid 2 button rotation to be -- im just greatful theyve rarely been meta).

I hopefully dont sound too conceired after the above. Your guild seems to have been around as lomg as i have, which is a plus, and you reference bullfinch's mythology and fleur de lis in your naming writeup, so i suspect i could get along with you.

Geared a 465 blood dk (easy switch to unholy/frost i think) in past two weeks (Greatestdead-Tichondrius) i could transfer, but could also pretty easily grab another 120 and gear, particularly with m+ helping hands.

Hope to chat.

Hi WogOfDor!

Wait, is that right? Nope. Hi Dog! I'm Esta. I tank here and we're currently looking for another main tank so... *hi*. I've a pretty committed prot warrior because I have stubbornness issues. I have mained at least one other class, but those were dark days.  In terms of my own background, I started with SoH back in Mop at the end of the first raid tier. Since then, I've raided fairly consistently except for a brief break in the last tier of Legion and first tier of BFA. I've been in some top 100 guilds, with my personal best being a top 14 world kill with The Horsemen. I'd say that my "specialty" is low hour, high achievement raiding. That's the sort of environment that excites me, personally.

I've had the pleasure of meeting two particular people who have suited me (as a tank) like peaches and cream. One of those people is our very own Darlantan(who is retired from WoW), the other was my tanking buddy in <LA>. I hope to find another tanking buddy to go into Shawdowlands with. I'm excited to see your app. That said, would you be willing to link some recent raid logs? (These logs will not be used to deny your app, but I am curious).

Most of our questions for recruits revolve around get-to-know-you type questions. So prepare yourself for totally irrelevant (but fun, hopefully) questioning!

I'll get us started.

What do you do for work/major? What thing do you 100% think is true but have no proof of whatsoever? If you could write one new law that *everyone* had to obey, what would it be?

Hi there! I'm Gesari, but generally everybody just calls me Jim. I will, however, answer to most things. Currently I've been playing my Pally on prot for the guild, but I've spent the majority of the last ~15 years of raiding primarily as a dps, so I'm looking to get back to that. In light of that, I've been gearing up a baby Balance druid and I'd be more than happy to do some mythic runs with you on any toon you're looking to gear!

On 8/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, DogOfWar said:

Ive not created a forum login and introduced myself using a a "fake" (see in-game) name since briefly joining Death & Taxes for original Naxx 40 back in 2006-8 whenever that was. Briefly because neither the friend i followed nor myself were particularly that consistently hardcore. If i recall correctly, my friend made 2 or so months longer than i did which i attribute to his Manitoba winters vs my Boston ones.

Okay so this resonates with me for a few reasons, not the least of which my surprise at having to create a forum login for this app myself. The last time I used a forum regularly was in that same 06-08 timeframe when I was really deep into raiding on EQ2. Secondly, I am incidentally also in the Boston area (originally from Jersey), and I'm pretty sure the last time I decided to up and quit a major hardcore guild was during ICC progression, and I'm fairly certain I used the end of winter as my excuse to dip (that wasn't the reason...the raid leader was a real tool, but hey whatever works).

On 8/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, DogOfWar said:

I hopefully dont sound too conceired after the above. Your guild seems to have been around as lomg as i have, which is a plus, and you reference bullfinch's mythology and fleur de lis in your naming writeup, so i suspect i could get along with you.

I appreciate the worry over conceit, but, for what it's worth, your text reads as really matter-of-fact. Bonus points for Bullfinch. 

As for random-ass questions:

What is your preferred RPG alignment (chaotic good, lawful neutral, etc.); why?

If you could opt between a future in which we are all replaced by Artificial Intelligence, or one in which we all become uploaded into an artificial Singularity, which would you choose and why?

You have stumbled into a movie theater that replays memories from important historic moments. What are you going to watch first, and what will you burn down the theater before watching?

Sweet or savory?