Serenity

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and saw it this past weekend. I was dissapointed in the crowd size which reflects its coming in 2nd place to some other lame movie that I can even remember the name of. They really did a poor job of promoting this movie. I hardly saw any ads for it. If I didnt know about the series I most likely would not have gone to see it.

I like the movie. It fit right in with the series. I think you really needed to have watched the series to gain a full appreciation of what was going on. I can imagine alot of parts could seem shallow to those who didnt watch the series such as the relationship with the Preacher (and the secrets that died with him, grr), the romances between the crew and just a ton of other things.

I would have preferred a reactivation of the series instead of the movie deal. There is just to much story in there to be told by a movie.

I went and saw this on friday, and I have to say, I was very impressed....a great tribute to the fans. My girlfriend, who has never seen the series, was blown away by the movie and said it was really easy to follow. As far as I know, the cast has signed on for a trilogy, but it's up in the air as to if the others will get made yet. Many of the scenes were shot at the local high school near where my parents live (most of the city stuff), and it looks like the school has been geared up to do somethin else next summer, dunno if it's a sequel or not tho.

-A

Did some web browsing and it seems like people are pushing for this to fill the big screen sci-fi gap left from no more Start Wars or Star Trek movies. While the movie wasnt a blockbuster I think the numbers over the next few weeks will help it out as word of mouth and reviewers do their thing. Even a lead director in the Lucas camp recommended to Star Wars fans to check out Serenity and said there hasnt been such an attempt at a space swashbuckler since 1977...

Another thing is the huge acclaim this movie has received from film critics. That may persuade some non serenity fans to give it a shot.

They also know it will do really well in Home Video sales, the Box Set of the series is a hot seller.

I agree too, and said it before about the promotion of Serenity - it was a bad trailer/teaser and really doesnt give you anything on why you would go see this. But thinking on how the series is, you really cant sell it in ~90 seconds - its well written and well acted.

If I can get my arse up this weekend I would like to catch an early show of it.

We took our kids with us last weekend and surprisingly they sat and watched the whole things without fussing around at all. My son really liked it and my daughter well she fell asleep. If I had a baby sitter I would be tempted to go again this weekend to lend support to the cause.

Just leave a message here, and I will be glad to walk around with a sign that says "Dingz, now he knows where a crats place is...". Then I can procede to treat you like a red headed step child ;)