Code of Conduct

Ashin

Let me just make one thing crystal clear to everyone. You are free to discuss the rules themselves, ask for clarification, or suggest a modification. You may not discuss people's rationale for doing certain things, or debate morality. For the purpose of this thread these rules are totally arbitrary. They don't need a reason, they simply are.

I will moderate as needed.

Sharper I will answer your question after coffee.

This site was also designed for those gifted at trading, AH sniping, market predictors, anyone that can make a buck faster than another could use this site appropriately.

Can you show me where on the site I can see the people who are selling kinah in AION North America?

Also, could you clarify that you intend to get forum gold by selling the gold you earned legit (I assume) in WoW?

My general thoughts are:

• I don't have any issue with players trading currency with other players. It is a well established practice when people change servers and I see no harm done.
  • The fact that you can use $ to purchase points is not necessarily a problem for me. As Mith said, what Zyco and I hate is the industry of professional goldsellers.
  • The potential problems I have are twofold:
    • Pro goldsellers could sell there product there.
    • Saavy players could use this system as a proxy for buying currency from pro farmers, only at a more advantageous rate (ie, I buy currency in a cheaper game, then use d2jsp to trade into the game I really wanted to buy currency in, saving money)

What mitigates my concerns somewhat is that fact that you can never cash your forum gold out. I would actually prefer to see more games either sell currency directly or employ trading systems like this, to be honest. I think it would be the fastest way to kill the industry, and I would much prefer seeing money go into the hands of the folks who built the game I'm enjoying.

Anyway, Sharper I will wait for your reply before finalizing my decision. And I'm reading the input of others. :)

I can't show you were because no one is selling Aion NA Kinah yet.

Yes everything I sell on that site was legitmately farmed by the 10 Children I keep super glued to the chairs in my computer room.

First what do you mean by Pro Goldseller? Just the normal RMT?

You're concerns are well founded, a savvy person could make a low amount of money, currently. But this would last a few days at most. Since the economy is set by the D2jsp users, it would just follow the supply&demand curve until it met the normal prices floating around for actual goldsellers. I did the math and you could probably make between $50-100 if you worked it properly. But this process would be slow and arduous as to not upset the delicate economy that the site has. It's current use base is spread among 11 larger games, each with it's own constantly flucuating ratio.

I'm sorry if that was pretty much useless, I didn't get much sleep last night and I've read your concerns probably 30 times, and for some reason my mind won't wrap around them properly.

Yes everything I sell on that site was legitimately farmed by the 10 Children I keep super glued to the chairs in my computer room.

My son, when he was 4, used to bug me all the time to play WoW. One day i said fine, stay at this spot and kill mobs until you can't take it (With pet on auto-defend and the add-on auto-riposte). The next day he wanted to do it again.That's when i started to wonder if my wife cheated me with an Asian gold farmer.

Now he is 6 1/2 and he's a level 3 Warrior in Aion :lol:

On a side note, I have read and Approve the Code of Conduct.

I can't show you were because no one is selling Aion NA Kinah yet.

That's a good sign that the site is being used by legit people, then.

First what do you mean by Pro Goldseller? Just the normal RMT?

Yes, I mean the goldsellers we hate potentially offering their service on that site. But I think it is unlikely, b/c to "cash out" would be complicated. They'd have to trade with someone for some other kind of currency, and then sell that currency. It wouldn't really make sense to me that they would do such a thing when they could just pay a child in China to gather the desired currency for a few pennies anyway.

You're concerns are well founded, delicate economy, [kitty tries to explain economics to me]

The fact that anyone can buy Forum Gold for cash whenever they want means the delicate economy is doomed for death-by-inflation, I'm afraid. Unless the amount of FG people buy is kept in check by FG that people earn but never spend b/c they stop using the site before they could find a use for it, or something. But I digress!

On reflection, I think that if you are essentially trading the gold you earned in WoW for kinah that someone legitimately earned in AION, then it is OK. However, if you have a reason to think the person you are about to buy from is not "legit", then I'm holding you via honor-code to not get your kinah from him/her/it.

kdeal? :thumbup:

Or people don't buy FG because the only reason they come to use the site is with the Knowledge that, A: They can trade items or Gold for FG, or B: Buying FG is more expensive then buying Currencies from a Farmer.

I'll teach you all I want about Econ!!!!!

And Deal.

• Fera unpinned this topic