Code of Conduct

Ashin

Looking at 7 again, I would recommend adding a clause about allies...

Something along the lines of "If you find yourself at odds with family or friends (guild or allies) and are not able to find a way to peacefully resolve the issue, please bring it up with an officer. They may not be able to resolve the situation but the leadership needs to know when there are problems."

There are different philosophies here, so I would tend to leave that up to the officers / chapter lead in charge. Some believe officers should be an intermediary or counselor for dispute resolution. Others believe it is more effective to encourage people to resolve their differences directly, rather than through a third party.

Although, I think you make a good point about allies. I think if you have a problem with an ally, it is best to voice your complaint to us, rather than them.

I have updated the third post as follows:

Clarifications based on questions & feedback:

re: #6 Currency trading or swapping is OK, provided that it is a transaction between two players who earned their currency legitimately.

re: #6 This is not a kneejerk reaction to the spirited debate we have just gone through. It is only a re-statement of things Zyco and I have felt for a long time. The debate helped make clear that a course-correction was needed. But it did not alter the destination.

re: #6 There have been two times in the past when the guild has knowingly benefited from the use of illicit funds, and I think it makes sense for me to put that out in the open also. Once was in Anarchy Online, before we built our first city (subsequent city we built legit) and the other was in Warhammer, on Dark Crag only. In neither case was it our "practice" to do this, nor was it something we requested or planned. But we did benefit from it, that was a mistake, and I apologize.

re: #7 Disputes or problems with Allies should be brought to the attention of your Officer(s) and Chapter Lead. Even if you know you are in the right, it is prefered that you not cause waves with Allies and allow leadership to work out issues.

re: Consequences. Nothing that happened prior to this post will be held against anyone. The important thing is that we can all move forward with a set of clear, shared expectations. What's done is done.

I just wanted to make sure that the rule I fall under is for all games? I forgot my WoW account password. Which means I'll never get back on it, but I can't trade any of the gold on it either. So I also have my neopets account that would serve the same purpose.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Fera unpinned this topic