Our logo! (56k death)

pyroglyphix

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anime? No of course not, it's just one of the main reasons I have Netfilx :)

It annoys me that there are so few good anime movies coming out recently. I think Spriggan was the last good movie that I saw and that's been a while. I'm getting tired of watching so many of the tv series. I used to try watching them on cartoon network but could never keep up with them so I would miss things. Netflix works so much better for the series since I'm not going to pay for them all :)

Millex

As far as movie-animes:

the Cowboy Beebop movie was fantastic.

and old one that is sure to make even an iksar shead a tear is Graveyard for the Fireflies.

Metropolis was not bad and had beautiful artwork.

Millenium Actress is an exceptional film (nevermind anime) and really breaks the mold in terms of genre.

There was also a great one that premiered in the US just a year or two ago that was produced by the same folks who did Millenium Actress.. I cannot remember the title but it involves a very unconventional homeless "family" living in the city.

And if you have perverse curiosity you can always dig up the classic Urotsukidojii O_O

For series my picks would have been (in no order):

Kenshin

Lain

Evangelion

Cowboy Beebop

Escaflowne

Also for D&D / fantasy setting, there is a classic series Record of Lodoss War that all fantasy fans should see. =)

Cowboy Bebop is great! Never knew there was a movie till about 2 months ago when I just happened to see it while changing channels.