New to the org

Hi all

I'm new to the org and was told to introduce my self by Chilled. He mentioned a CV as a joke but I'll do it anyway.

Level 1-7 or so:

Newbie Island

Level 7-10:

did some missions

10-23 or so:

WA Sub

24-60

Totw

60-99

Biomare and missions

Upgraded the account after totw.

100-110

COH and missions

110-113 (present)

SL and missions

Now that was easy, wasn't it :)

RL:

I'm 35 and from Trondheim, Norway

• 4 weeks later...

Continued CV:

113-128 (present):

Joined COH and made new friends.

I've been having a good time since, it's been nice to meet new people.

The only "matter" has been the level range between me and the active people in the org. I've been online a lot, and I've mostly been the lowest level.

Many people have told me to "level up". I understand the org needs people to be in the same level range, nevertheless I've refused to "powerlevel". So now I will try to explain why.

Some years ago, after having dropped out of University, I was unemployed, lazy, stoned, and broke. After a while, I got fed up with that lifestyle, so I decideded to "upgrade". So I got up early in the morning, I got a haircut, I got a job - basically I started doing the things "we're supposed to do".

After some time, I was going steadily to become a "decent citizen" - on the road to house, wife, 1.8 kids, dog, stationwagon, you know the rest.

One day I read a poem that really hit me right in the guts. I cant remember the whole thing so I can't quote (also it was in Norwegian) but I can kind of outline it. It was called "And you're dying so slowly that you think you are living". What the poet did was telling me that doing all the stuff I'm supposed to , like work, eat, drink, sleep, fuck, spend money and so on - that's not life! I was living like an animal does. Wake up!

What I was lacking was simply a reason. Why do I work? When I thought about it, I could give no good answer.

It took me a while, but I finally found out "I just want a good time". After that, it has become kind of like a selfish mantra. I've had many opportunities for career - could have gotten many "better" jobs but I've turned them down. I dont think more money will give me a good time.

I do the same in AO.

The old MMO saying "dont level to play, play to level" kind of sums it up. I see people powerleveling both in OA and in RL all the time, and I have no problems with that.

I don't wanna accuse anyone - like the poet accused me :)

Nevertheless, it sometimes makes me sad. The poet is right - Many people are dying so slowly that they think they are living.