New to the org

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts Single.

Out of game, while I respect your viewpoint and the events that led you to it, I would suggest just one thing: there needs to be a balance struck, between looking after yourself, and looking after other matters. Yes I do believe we must seek our own growth first and foremost, but "living life" can mean very different things to different individuals.. and if you are overzealous in your pursuit of that, you can find yourself with just as meaningless a situation as the one you sought to leave behind.

In game, this guild was not founded to be about levels. We have always put our values in our friendship with eachother. We always help one another regardless of whether a friend is leveling quickly or slowly. Our enjoyment comes from sharing the game and some laughs with eachother.

I worry, and your post makes me think further, that we have strayed a bit from that philosophy. It is very easy to get too caught up in the mentality that something "cannot" be done without certain key levels, or key gear, or key classes. But traditionally much of SoH's joy and pride came from going out of our way to do things without these "requirements." When you become too consumed with the level grind it can make you become bitter or stressed.. not what games are for.

I think this post of yours is good food for thought. And I always encourage people to express what is on their minds. =)

Not to be argumentative, but I'll flatly state The Truth: life is 100% about your relationships with other people. Everything else can be measured only by the effect it has on those relationships.

And, one of my favorite sayings: money is for doing things, not for having.

I totally respect your position, Single. If you're not enjoying what you're doing, right now, this minute, then you really have to ask yourself why you're doing it. Levelling grinds aren't my cup of tea.

And, one final thought: if God had meant us to be promiscuous, we would have been born naked.

I haven't been answering, sorry. I dont have full access to the forum fully so I dont read the forum regulary. Instead I've been playing AO.

Also, Chilled's answer made me think, bump for more good food for thought :)

What I tried to say in the post was make sure you have a good time, then you can do whatever... IMHO: You have to define life yourself!

I dont mean to impose a certain way.

More food for thought:

The future is very real, and it will end.

Money is power, not freedom.

Best of luck

Singleton