Ashin

Advancement Tracks

Yeah ska makes a good point. It's nice to have a place to discuss frame work before bringing it to the masses.

Question?

What counts toward a vet earning an extra star?

Say a vet buys the new soh mmo of choice, plays a week and doesn't like it. Does he earn his star/badge for throwing down 50 bucks and 1 month sub. Or does he Have to play for a set ammount of time

One idea that keeps coming back to me is possibly setting the "officers" board to be openly read but only having posting privileges if you're part of that council.

Benefit: transparency

Detractor: transparency

:D:lol:

One of the MAJOR things I liked about SOH when we were looking into applying, was the fact that this guild was spread over multiple games. I like the idea that when one game turns sour and the next new thing is here, a large group of people might migrate together to try out the new game.

With that being said it makes sense that if vets move from game to game, they get recognized. After all it is these vets that keep the guild "Healthy". There should be some recognition.

Ash needs a group of people to help him, period. This group does not have to be a large group, and it certainly does not have to be the same group from game to game. However, I would like to see Ash define these 'positions' the way he sees them helping him. ;)

I like both ideas.

I like both ideas.

I am conflicted about that quetion myself.

On one hand, If a person is willing to shell out 65 hard earned dollars to play with us. It would only seem fair to award them a badge/starn since they basically invested money into the guild . That's pretty loyal, I wouldn't even give my rl friends 65 bucks.

Then on the other hand, let's say they play a week and quit. Then they are awarded a star anyways, It's kind of a slap in the face to the people that actually played a month, 6 month, or the duration of the chapter. The people that built that chapters success and victory.

It seems like the logical thing to do would be to put say a restriction to where you need to at least play 1 to 2 months to earn your badge.

One idea that keeps coming back to me is possibly setting the "officers" board to be openly read but only having posting privileges if you're part of that council.

I think that might go to far, it will just mean someone starts a thread on the same items in a general forum. I think it's a flesh out a idea that has sensitive roots. So it would not be used often and when it is, it would need limited access before it moves to the next step.

I proposed rotating folks in and out based on a list of Track b folks who have volunteered for the position. Thus Ash would have his selected advisers. And there would be rotating members, to provide a difference in view and as a balance to be sure we aren't being corrupted by all that is Ash ;). Any one who is in track B will already of shown that they want to guide the guild, volunteering for the list shows even more dedication to the guild. After the hash in the onion fields if it needs a bigger group the discussion could go straight to the guild, or if more input, discussion is required to the Track B group. To keep things more on the up and up. There could be a Track B sub-forum that is turned on when needed then turned off after a problem is finished/talked out. Would keep the applicant review board clean.

But in General yes, Ash I like the 2 track system. What you presented seems to me to be the best parts of the hashing around we did in the other thread.

Edited by Tayomi

I think it's necessary to have a place where everything can get put on the table and hashed out before a more elegant discussion is put forth for the guild to chew on.

It's just simply a way to fine tune the topic prior to it being shared with everyone.

I've only been with a legion a short time and been allowed to be a part of the applicant process for even less, but I think with transparency, you're going to have a certain level of self-editing which I think would hurt the process.

As for game time for vets to earn stars or whatnot, I'll leave that to the vets. The idea of a ranking for each game played is cool though.

Ideally, I'd like to see the council on a rotating basis, but that may encounter it's own difficulties after awhile. Might just be better to go with, active in game and willing.

1. Agreed. While understanding that when the Vetran system was setup it was in no way meant to put additional expectations (as far as I knew) on an individual for their dedication to the guild; I also think it could cause some confusion as to what is expected of a person after being promoted. Personally, I just thought it was a little "tag" saying "Hey looky, I've been with the guild for a while!". But I wouldn't blame others for having different understandings of what a Vetran is. Which leads to...

2. I am all for setting up some releif for Ashin. I'm excited to see other's ideas/opinions as to HOW we can releive Ashin (foot massages?). In our Warhammer chapter we had two Officers and felt that was a great way to help alleiviate in-game management/stress for Ashin. If I remember right we had about 5 different members as Officers during our tenure in Warhammer, all at various points in the game which I felt helped balance leadership out and deter any type of cliques.

I feel comfortable with both tracks and would support them. One question is, if these tracks are implemented are we doing away with Senior Member and/or Vetran, or keep them in place and add these additional ranks?