Ashin

(AT) Loyalty / Time Served

I'm with Eryalin on the icons.

#4 was the easiest and funnest to answer so I did that first, I'll actually have to think about the other ones and people post faster than I can type/think up responses so that'll wait.

1 bar = tried the game, played for 30 days or less

2 bar = played the game for more than 30 days

3 bar = started with the guild and finished with the guild

star= chapter lead or officer for any part of that game

21, thats awesome. :thumbup::thumbup:

Oh. I thought you were suggesting that WAR players would not get any badge at all. Now I see that you simply had your eyes on purple!

Well I think it could be something like this:

1) x months of game time after initial promotion to member, 1st promotion (name?)

2) x month(s) in 2nd game with guild, 2nd promotion (veteran?)

3) 1 badge (hopefully to display under avatar) per chapter served, including the first - badges will not denote additional privilege but rather provide recognition

I like it.

A name for stage 1, well perhaps Adept (go thesaurus) or Senior Member? Unless we already have a 'senior member' category, which I'm thinking might fit better into the other advancement track.

I'm with Eryalin on the icons.

#4 was the easiest and funnest to answer so I did that first, I'll actually have to think about the other ones and people post faster than I can type/think up responses so that'll wait.

1 bar = tried the game, played for 30 days or less

2 bar = played the game for more than 30 days

3 bar = started with the guild and finished with the guild

oo X. X. I. A., I'm really loving that! The graphics are very nice, gives more detail, but succinct. Very very nice.

I can see that making the badges will be the most fun part of this new track. Great contributions 21A!

Here's a further take on the "time" track (@Eryalin):

1. Applicant - you've expressed interest in joining but have not yet been accepted

2. Recruit - you have been accepted for a trial period of two weeks

3. Jr. Member - the guild has indicated its interest in developing you as a longterm member (2 to 12 weeks; not yet decided)

4. (Full) Member - this would happen somewhere between 1 and 3 months - we didn't decide this yet, and this is technically a merit-based promotion, but you have to pass this threshold to be eligible for advancement, so I mention it. Only full members can earn badges.

5. Sr. Member - this would happen somewhere between 3 and 6 months, probably six. Grants access to applicant review. Upgrade forum capacity, etc.

6. Veteran - honorary title granted upon earning your second badge. Further upgrade forum stuffs.

Now I see that you simply had your eyes on purple!

Well, not for myself, exactly. I just get bummed easily when it comes to War failing. :(

Oh! Oh! I'd get a STAR?! :Onion34::iem_nguong_qua_may_

... as for my actual contribution to this thread, I'll throw my support behind 21a's and Ery's ideas.

Also, have we discussed where these badges could be displayed? I'd love them underneath the rank title and just above the avatar on the forum, if possible.

I like 21's badges. I think the bars make a lot of sense and they are easy to read, even when compressed/shrunk. There needs to be something between 2 and 3 though. Played for 30+days vs. Starting with the guild/ending with the guild is a huge jump. Like, I didn't launch on WAR with SoH, but the majority of our time in WAR I was under the SoH tag, so I would only get 2 bars in that case?

Also, just to clarify, Biscuit 'n' Gravey are included in SoH for their time in WAR, right? Because if they aren't I will storm your castle, young man.

Also, have we discussed where these badges could be displayed? I'd love them underneath the rank title and just above the avatar on the forum, if possible.

That is exactly the idea, but I'm not sure how much modding will be required to do it. I know for sure vbulletin could not do it without a mod or custom programming. I am going to ask the pre-sales people at IPboard if theirs can do it.

I can see that making the badges will be the most fun part of this new track. Great contributions 21A!

Here's a further take on the "time" track (@Eryalin):

1. Applicant - you've expressed interest in joining but have not yet been accepted

2. Recruit - you have been accepted for a trial period of two weeks

3. Jr. Member - the guild has indicated its interest in developing you as a longterm member (2 to 12 weeks; not yet decided)

4. (Full) Member - this would happen somewhere between 1 and 3 months - we didn't decide this yet, and this is technically a merit-based promotion, but you have to pass this threshold to be eligible for advancement, so I mention it. Only full members can earn badges.

5. Sr. Member - this would happen somewhere between 3 and 6 months, probably six. Grants access to applicant review. Upgrade forum capacity, etc.

6. Veteran - honorary title granted upon earning your second badge. Further upgrade forum stuffs.

This. Along with 21's graphics, is working out very nicely. I think you're getting down to just a little fine tuning, writing it up, and sticking a project complete bow on it for the "time track". I think the time line is appropriate, and the intervals are as well; not too long, yet not too short.

Also, just to clarify, Biscuit 'n' Gravey are included in SoH for their time in WAR, right? Because if they aren't I will storm your castle, young man.

I believe I am older than you, pup.