WoW Stormreaver - Narox 85 Prot / Fury Warrior

Narox

South Of Heaven:

I Narox, warriorof the Horde bow before you. Requesting your immediate audience to beevalutated and considered into joining your Guilds ranks. I insist that youread and review my application thoroughly. If therefore any errors or misleadsoccur, please inform me immediately, and ask thereafter raised questions.

Alrighty…seriously, that format is killing me. Anyway. I wasn’t recommened or informed byany of your members, wether you’re currently recruiting tanks or not. I’m justlooking for a new guild and new people to enojy the game with. I have been inthe Immortal Elites for the past 5 months or so as the CO-leader. Yeah, laughat the name, I know… Our guild master has been gone for the past month, andit’s been really rough to keep the guild together. We’ve been spending weekstrying to get our core together. It just isn’t working out. Mostly healers.After a certain amount of time, I decided to leave, even though I still am amember of IE, I’m willing to gquit if this applications is accepted. I’m justlooking to start fresh in a way, not necessarily looking to have a spot in oneof your raiding groups right away, but just to become friendly with the guildand work my way up. Though since from what I know, you guys aren’t looking fortanks, it leaves the judgement and decision to you. Here’s some info about mycharacter.

Personal:

20 years old

Independent,friendly, trustworthy, hates slackers and doesn’t tolerate consistant fuck ups if I may say.

VENT, Teamspeak,etc, can be installed and used if required. Working headset, and microphone.

Specs;

GeForce EVGA GTX460, AMD Phenom™ x6 1090T 3.75 GHz, 12G

I usually run on100-300 Latency (home/world), 60fps.

Gear / Armory:

Here’s my link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Narox/simple Please ask questions concerning my spec,etc.

I’m needing justa few more pieces from Normal Mode to perhaps start doing some Heroic Modeprogression, though I’m probably a little behind.

I don’t have anyPvP pieces/sets. I have been a pvper throughout my entire WoW gameplay up untilCataclysm. Though, Vanilla PvP gear was used quite much for raiding back in theday. I have decided to be all PvE for Cataclysm and upcoming expansions. Idon’t do much pvp these days, but if needed I could get back into it.

Availability for raids:

Tues / Wed /Thurs, 8pm EST works just fine. My only excuse for not showing up for a raidwould be work, nothing else. Other personal needs, real-life things are plannedout and organized.

Experience in raids:

Vanilla -ZG/AQ20/Ony/MC/BWL/AQ40

BC - Kara/Gruul/TK/SSC/Hyjal/BT/Sunwel

WOTLK – Skipped the whole thing, I was on abreak, school, family, work, etc.

Cataclysm- 4/4 BoT (10), 6/6 BWD (10), 2/2 TotFW (10), 7/7Firelands (10), I can link all achievements in game.

Closing statement:

I tend to behelpful, and productive for myself, the guild, and guild memebers. I’ll be upfor runing dungeon Heroics even though I’m capped, helping people get moregeared and such. I can be a real douche sometimes, but that’s only cause I’mtrying to help someone out, make them work harder and so on. Being “nice”doesn’t get shit done.

I have several alts:

Maldath 85 MMHunter, Ghrall 64 Holy Paladin (Twink) and some other low level ones.

Thanks for your time, have a good one!

- Always. Ever.Even when I’m not.

Whats up Narox, welcome to the forums and solid post, well done.

I noticed a few things I'd like to get your feedback on.

Curious about your spec choices. why 2 points in gag order, how are you using heroic throw?

Why the points in Blitz?

Why the points in Blood Craze?

You're missing your BS bonus sockets on your gloves and bracers, what gems would you plan to throw in there?

You don't have a run speed bonus on your boots, granted T12 doesn't have a ton of movement mechanics, but what tools do you use to compensate for the lost run speed?

Curious how you use your Orc racial as a tank.

Last but not least, if you could have your own custom title displayed on the forums what would it be?

Love and shield slams,

Hipcheck

Edited by Hip

Thank you.

I'll try to be simple and clear.

I tend to use the heroic throw for after taunt damage/aggro, depending on how far mobs, bosses are from me. I just feel like taunt isn't enough to hold aggro tryin to pick up a mob, boss from afar, since I also have dpsers nuking the shit out of the certain mob, boss I'm supposed to tank. It's worked pretty well so far, if you're uncertain of it, I'm willing to respec and adapt of course.

As for blitz I had it in War Academy right before today, I'm pretty quick and reactive when it comes to movement and picking things up, so I thought I'd see how that talent bonus would work for me. I tend to use charge at the closet range available for additional rage, and stun. and also heroic leap for the lost run speed. I use it A LOT. I figured more mastery instead of the run speed, since I can just heroic leap. Haven't had a problem with movement so far either. And I've been in Fury all day... doing dailies, thanks for the heads up... I just realized where my second War Academy point went when I respeced today... I meant to put 2 it in Cruelty not Blood Craze. Pure ignorace there, I was in a hurry, I remembered to repsec with a minor mistake. Shit.

Thank god for BS ehh? I was low on BS a few days ago. Didn't have a chance to work on it, since I was busy with the guild and raiding. Thank you for remindming me. And shoving pure mastery in those suckers! "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get it, and keep going" XD No seriously, mastery over stam. I'm good on parry and dodge, with dodge being 1% higher since the extra 1% parry from raid buffs, so more mastery it is.

Orc racial as tank? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

And I really have no idea about the title. I'd have to think about it, and choose from possibe choices. Cool question.

I hope this all makes sense. Yet again, willing to respec and adapt.

-Always. Ever. Even when I'm not.

I disagree with this completely, but nevertheless welcome to the forums.

^I totaly respect that, it's just how I am. Nice hasn't gotten me anywhere, by which I mean it can be applied to many things irl, so... mean and strict is my way to go, I'm really, really chill though.

Curious how you use your Orc racial as a tank.

The same way any Orc uses his racials - to KICK ASS. (But really, good questions.. just, orc pride.)

Narox I find your application intriguing. You certainly understand the value of making an impression. Hip has already drilled down on your toon, so I want to ask a different question. I am curious what made you select our guild? As you say, we don't currently have an opening for a tank. And we advertise as a whole-game guild with interest in PvP, which you have taken a sort of chastity vow against.

We there something about us in particular that drew your interest?

Whats up Narox,

Well on the Orc racial you could consider this.

1 macro, Blood Fury, your Essence of the Eternal Flame trinket, and Retaliation

2 Wait until you cap Vengence buff whilst tanking a boss

3. Hit said macro when taking a string of melee hits, the more mobs the better

4 Use said macro essentially on CD for boosted tank DPS

The boost to threat is really unnecessary, but the boosted DPS prove to be the difference between a HM progression kill and a wipe.

New question, how do you handle your Shield Block ability and Heroic Strike?

Also, the latest replies has me curious. Mind sharing a story about a time when you felt that being mean and strict was the only way to get results? What was the scenario, what did you do and how did it turn out.

<3

Hip