Daidrick (Holy Paladin) Intro

Daidrick

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dardrick, welcome to the forums!

I'm one of the local resident holy paladins so I reviewed your character and logs. Everything looks good, gems/enchant/spec/professions and logs seem to match what I did in 10 man.

I do have a couple question though. Do you not like to spec 2/2 into Last Word? How about 1 point into Blessed Life? (These are considered some optional points, just curious on your thought)

Do you prefer Ember Shadowspirit diamond over Burning Shadowspirit diamond?

Did you typically get the green and blue crystal on Ultraxion?

Edited by Calandei

Hey, thank you. Glad everything checks out, I take pride in my toon, and like do things right. As for the last word vs blessed life debate, I honestly think it just depends on your play style. If you find yourself dumping your hp into word of glory for guys low on health then I think going 2/2 would be a good choice. I personally don't, unless they need a quick heal, I'll usually try to get something else off instead.

Now with blessed life, with the proc time and direct damage limitations I don't see it as being a big benefit (but I deffinitely could be wrong). When we do take damage it's usually not direct, if they changed that then I think that might be worth taking. Also, it could depend on what they consider direct damage for the proc, I'm not too sure on that either (sad to say).

I do prefer ember over burning, crit from what I know is a low priority stat for us, and it's really hard to crit on things if you don't have the mana to toss out a heal lol. And yes, when I was healing with the resto Druid I always took green then blue. Sorry for typos or anything, I'm on my iPhone at work lol. Anything I missed or ur curious about let me know.

Edited by Daidrick

Blessed life procs on a few things depending on the fight in Dragon Soul. One example is morchok's stomp or eye's and flails targeting you on warlord.

If you'd like to see what procs it you can look at our logs at:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7simea0y2kvypfn6/

then paste the log query:

[{"spellNames": ["Blessed Life"], "eventTypes": [8]}, {"eventTypes": [1], "targetNames": ["Calandei"]}]

You'll notice most fights range from 3-9 holy power generated, some fights you get none like Ultrax. This isnt exactly a HUGE benefit but its something lol.

As for burning vs ember, I've gone with burning for the throughput increase on holy radiance. This was a discussion on EJ forums a while back and from what I remember it came down to gearing and if you run out of mana. Once you have more gear most people were going to burning. It's not a huge increase, I was merely curious if you had seen anything new.

Weeeelll, first off my name is Chase, I'm a Virgo, I like long walks on the beach and sitting around talking about feelings. Hmmm, no that's not right, I might be thinking a different kind of intro. Oh, wait, yes, WoW. Now I remember. So, now to the important things.

My name is indeed Chase, I started playing WoW at the end of BC right before my first deployment. With your keen deductive skills, I am sure you noticed that I did indeed say deployment. Yes, I was in the military. I loved it soooo much that I got out when my enlistment was up. Before that however I ended up doing two tours over seas spending a little more that two years in the desert.

Enough of that fun stuff, back to WoW. So a RL friend of mine eventually talked me into playing WoW, which I was initially totally against from the beginning. Cause, you know, only nerds play wow, jeez. He wore me down eventually and I rolled a BE Rogue on Laughing Skull, shortly after that I was hooked, and it was all down hill for my social life after that. Because of my deployments and military commitment I had a hard time keeping up, seemed like I was always playing catch-up.

I started raiding Naxx when I got back from my first tour. Was able to find a good 25 man guild for my rogue and stuck with them through ICC. We had downed the LK and were working on HM's when I started bringing my Pally along instead. We lost one of our main healers, I was the only one with a geared enough alt and we were melee heavy so it just kind of made sense. Finished out WotLK there and then moved/faction changed to Kil' Jaeden so I could play with a large group of RL friends that I was in the military with. The majority of them lasted right up until FL, and I lost the last couple to D3. So here I am all faction and server changed, now all by my lonesome, I wasn't bitter. Ok, maybe I was a little bitter.

Aaaaaaanywho, I have healed and stayed current on all the content that Cata has been throwing out. Didn't start working on HM's until FL's however. Started hitting them pretty hard in DS and was making good progress, but started having attendance problems at heroic boat. It is rather hard to progress when you have to pug different people and positions every week, not too long after that the GM postponed everything until MoP. That kind of made me upset, honestly why would you call it quits when your on the home stretch. So since then, I have been looking around trying to find the right place for my pally and I.

That should sum up all the nitty gritty stuff. I am sure I have left out many things, so if you don't see what you are looking for, feel free to ask.

WoW Character Link: (I am fail and logged out in my PvP gear, I'll fix that in the morning)

http://us.battle.net...Daidrick/simple

WoL Parses: (Newest one I could find)

http://www.worldoflo...hs6ou7ax7ywcsx/

http://www.worldoflo...p0hte6yo5jh87h/

http://www.worldoflo...thgmcjmd6zc9a9/

UI Screenshot: (Slightly older, but the setup is mostly the same)

http://s771.photobuc...1911_025203.jpg

So horribly awesome I had to share it:

“I’m sick of being single.”

“Yeah, me too. It’s totally lame. It’s hard to do anything about it though, you know?”

“Well, this is kind of counter-intuitive, but apparently if we don’t want to be single anymore, we have to split.”

“Worth a try. Anything’s better than staying single-celled forever.”

FIXED! Sorry it was bothering me. Enter keys around the world cry when you don't finger yours enough ;) .

Anyways thanks for applying! Good to see you enjoy raiding having stuck with it since Naxx, longevity is important. Hell we've been clearing DS ever since it came out, I can say for sure I'm not sick of it, surprisingly.

As far as the meta gem talk goes, Crit gem over Mana gem has been accepted by all healers as the more optimal meta. If you do the math for abilities that give you percent based mana(Divine Plea/Arcane Torrent), the extra size Emberspirit gives you is negligible compared to the 3% crit throughput. This coming from a disc priest that has 4 mana percent based regen mechanics.

And 1 point in Blessed Life is pretty standard. I don't understand the need for 2 points in Enlightened Judgements. Was it for the spirit based hit rating? If so you have 3500+ spirit, 50% of that is 1650 hit rating, still well above melee hit cap for Judgements. My suggestion, drop 1 point from EJudgements and put it into Blessed Life, you lose 5yds for your judgement and gain more Holy Power regen, seems like a no brainer to me.

Blessed life procs on a few things depending on the fight in Dragon Soul. One example is morchok's stomp or eye's and flails targeting you on warlord.

If you'd like to see what procs it you can look at our logs at:

http://worldoflogs.c...imea0y2kvypfn6/

then paste the log query:

[{"spellNames": ["Blessed Life"], "eventTypes": [8]}, {"eventTypes": [1], "targetNames": ["Calandei"]}]

You'll notice most fights range from 3-9 holy power generated, some fights you get none like Ultrax. This isnt exactly a HUGE benefit but its something lol.

As for burning vs ember, I've gone with burning for the throughput increase on holy radiance. This was a discussion on EJ forums a while back and from what I remember it came down to gearing and if you run out of mana. Once you have more gear most people were going to burning. It's not a huge increase, I was merely curious if you had seen anything new.

I gotcha, ya I saw that. Not huge, but definitely better than nothing lol. Ya, I actually remember that post from quite awhile ago. I can always switch, I just figured that since we always reforge away from crit, why add it <(>.<)>.