WoW Application - Raid Team

Jacien

hello everyone~

if possible, i would like to join SOH's raid team for MoP. i have a holy paladin and a hunter. ive been into wow with my rl friend equinocs and two other SOH's guildies.. thud & blud. although i started playing wow since vanilla, i began raiding in bc. my main was a mm hunter that i got up to #2 hunter on my server during the days of wotlk. during wotlk, equinocs and i (with help from many others as well) started our own guild and began a 10m raiding group. going into cata, eq and i decided that it would be better for both of us to make healers because that was our weakest class. so i built a holy paladin, which i was able to hit #1 slot by the time firelands came out. our guild went off to become the server's #2 best raiding guild. due to some changes with our members, the guildmaster position went to me and i kept the raiding group up for a few more months. with constant lack of attendance, it wasnt fair for the 5 or so people who showed up everyday, so our core group was closed down.

it would be really awesome to join you guys for the new expansion. any questions or comments, feel free to post it here.

thanks everyone

- Jacien

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's interesting #2 raiding guild on your server with only 2 FLs heroics on your pally. Oh no disrespect it's just odd how servers can be completely different.

So I'll start off by saying you won't get special treatment for being a part of the GW2 chapter, especially being new to the guild in general. That chapter doesn't really have strict recruitment guidelines like our WoW chapter does, other than being a good individual. Being a previous raider/leader I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

If we do accept you as a recruit you will be put through the same tests as any other of our recruits. This includes, but is not limited to:

Social capabilities with the guild. Such as being active on the forums and responding well to criticism, and just playing nice :).

Attendance. I'm going to assume you read Ashin's post on your friends topic, if not you should read it and I think his response applies to your application as well. You can see we have high attendance standards, basically 100%.

Performance. No brainer, you gotta be good bro! :)

When you said: "so i built a holy paladin, which i was able to hit #1 slot by the time firelands came out.", what 'slot' are you referring to?

Annnnnddd one last thing...I think your shift key might be broken and quite possibly your enter key might not work 100% of the time. Ah inside joke :).

No worries Feja. Yes.. I understand where you're coming from. In the middle of Firelands heroic was when our guild had our troubles and things fell apart. IMO though, good gear doesn't make the player good.. and I'm sure you'll understand that too.

I'm sure the others that are applying want to play just as much as I do so fair treatment is best treatment. =)

The tests sound fair and reasonable.. nothing that I'm against.

#1 slot.. for a holy paladin on wowprogress.com. I apologize if I confused you there.

Thanks for your time everyone.

- Jacien

To elaborate on Jacien's application along with mine....Yes, our server, Altar of Storms, was a low-medium population server. Not too many serious raiding guilds and was nearly impossible to pug a raid. Horde to Alliance ratio was 2.5 to 1. So the activity within the server was dismal at best.

The #1 guild was a super hardcore raiding guild Top 50 in the world or something that raided 5x a week, cleared all content in PTR before content was released in LIVE.

We, as working individuals with girlfriends, family, and a social life, we were able to contend with the other guilds that gave a run for our money and come out on top. The only reason why we have two HM clears is because that is when I, the guild leader, picked up a new job. Due to the absence of my insta-kill-boss aura, the guild had a hard time finding a replacement (due to the lack of competent players on the server) and call it quits and decided to wait for SWTOR (ew).

If attendance is a huge issue, you do not need to worry. Jacien will punch his girlfriend in the throat before he misses a raid and I will probably kick her while she is down before I miss a raid. I joke about the latter, but I do not about the former.

As far as performance goes, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Sorry we do not have any logs to show you. If there is a recruitment process, we would like a fair shot, for we believe its the only way we can prove ourselves.

The only reason why we have two HM clears is because that is when I, the guild leader, picked up a new job.

WOW wtf were you thinking, terrible person :p.

As far as performance goes, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Sorry we do not have any logs to show you. If there is a recruitment process, we would like a fair shot, for we believe its the only way we can prove ourselves.

Yea I get you don't have logs, no big deal, we'll figure something out. This is actually part of the recruitment process! We try to say the most negative and terrible things about every recruit to drive them away, only the persistent will survive! lol.