Raduo - Blood DK

Radbod

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Hip,

I appreciate your insight and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I can understand your philosophy concerning roller coaster DK tanking. In fact in some ways you are on point with the use of cool downs, especially in evening out damage taken. I will look back over the logs as well to get an idea where this philosophy can be utilized.

As a tank my bags are never empty. I have several T15 and heroic T14 trinkets at the ready in my bags ready to swap if I find the need.

The way I use DRW as an offensive cooldown also works out as an initial damage smoother and my recent brief skim of my logs shows that I rarely take damage spikes at the beginning of fights due to this.

I also can see what you mean about if the raid is relying only on the tank it has failed. However, I find that to be a bit too much of rose-colored-glasses outlook on raiding. I believe it is important to have a back up that can be executed in order to preserve an attempt. This can range from a kill against all odds (ala buying time after a tank has died) or even a way to let people continue to practice mechanics on a new hardmode. In addition, I find that certain mechanics of the game create these situations even if you play them perfectly. Blizzard has made blue posts saying that some fatal RNG elements have purposely been added to the game in order to avoid monotony. Often times these mechanics can lead to a wipe. It is perfectly possible that I have a far too pessimistic use of "OH SHIT" cooldowns. Most likely there is a balance between us that I should seek.

As far as DPS goes, you are right in saying that my kills are not necessarily in danger of pushing enrage timers. On the other hand there is also no reason to hold back DPS if doing so does not negatively impact survivability. I won't get myself killed HSing to pad meters but I also feel that the current iteration WoW has made it so tanks should be maximizing every ounce of DPS when possible. Small things like rolling diseases off of Tortos to bats and turtles isn't necessary but it should be done any way. Everyone who contributes a little bit more increases the success of the kill. With a 9 hour raid schedule every second faster counts. =D And frankly it's just fun to do big numbers. I see that the guild is discussing how to handle bats on heroic Tortos. The highest tank dps parse for that fight is a Blood DK single tanking. This is something I thought was possible on normal and wanted to try. It solves two problems for the guild (enrage timers and bats). Just a thought.

I have played this game for a long time and feel I have a solid foundation for each role. Although I'll never turn down an opportunity to theorycraft and better myself. Keep the suggestions coming.

Rad