Ishkurr - 514 Moonkin

Ishkurr

Hey there,

Just an overview of my WoW history: been playing since vanilla, but only raiding since late WoTLK; I started doing the weeklys for the tokens, and I moved up from there. Firelands was when I started raiding competatively, skipping T11 because I wasn't guilded. Completed 3/7H FL pre 4.3, then completed 8/8H DS at 15%, circling back around to complete 7/7H and ~7/13H T11. Did the last few bosses of T11 in MoP. Went 13/16H T14, never finished it up because I quit due to personal issues. This tier I'm 1/13H.

Outside of WoW, I'm pretty much a stereotype nerd; I could go on for days about the shows and movie series I watch. I spend my free time, which is pretty much all the time, playing WoW, Steam games, Minecraft, etc.

UI: http://i.imgur.com/T8a4OT1.jpg

UI 2: http://i.imgur.com/7dmlAsw.jpg <- keybinds

Logs: http://www.wow-heroe... Blade/ishkurr/ <- all of my recent logs

I hope to talk to y'all soon!

Edited by Ishkurr

Thanks for the app and Welcome to the forums Ishkurr!

Bonus points for nice UI and hidden keybind bars :)

(idk if you know this, but Elv can bind straight to the spellbook and macro menu. I started doing that when I ran out of bars...)

Why Boomkin? Could you list some advantages/utility that they (or Druids in general) bring to a raid that other classes/specs don't? Do you currently have an offspec? If so, how would you rate your proficiency with it; have you ever raided with it?

- Ev

Yea I know about binding directly from the spellbook, but I feel it's just more convenient to do it from the bars, hehe. I was first drawn to druids by the forms (duh). But I got drawn into moonkins because I like spellcasters, and I like the smoothness of the spec and class, rotationwise and it's just badass overall. Psh, who doesn't like druids?! Balance druids are very strong in AoE and multitarget situations. Single target damage is not as high as others, but it is not bad by any means. Druids in general have some very good utility, tranq (with HOTW), rebirth, stampede, and various ccs and slows, as well as extra cds for myself and another by symbiosis. Tank cds and mass dispel are a few examples. I have played each spec at one point or another, but currently my os is resto, id say I know it pretty well. I have raided with it in cata and mop.

Hello,

This is Kemono's friend, correct? Surprised you didn't mention it in your (re)app.

What have you been up to? Last I heard he had tried to get you to app but you had some reluctance. Are we still worried about the times - I seem to recall that you wake up very early for work, etc. Can you please pick one or two logs where you feel you did particularly well to show us? It saves some time.

Thank you.

Yes, this is Kem's friend, didn't mention it because it slipped my mind in regards to the app. About the times, it was never an absolute restriction, it was just a matter of what was most convenient; moreover, I had more offers from guilds that ended by 11EST so it just became a theme in what I was looking for, it was a matter of quantity (but sadly ended up not being quality). Long story short: I'm fine with the times.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tagbedge68x1q4uh/

^ here is some horridon heroic progression.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8s6nmhsggs57q0zi/dashboard/

A note about my logs: don't look too much into my dps in terms of numbers because my gear isn't exactly the best. But anyway, I chose these two because i felt it encompassed the basics of utility and raiding 101. For example, hotw tranqs, rezzing, using bs during heavy aoe, stampeding, ns healing, healthstones and using symb to benefit fight to fight (jin rohk- AMS ionization, for example).

Hope to hear back soon!

Hey Ishk,

I'm going to leave it to our moonkin Fulg to study your logs more closely. At a glance, your uptimes look okay, and your damage taken leans on the lower side of your team, which is nice. I was a little surprised at your Ji-kun logs. Zero uptime on the Primal Nutrient buff. It seemed like very few of you got wings and even fewer ever tried to get this important buff. Could you give me a little insight?

Would you mind giving us a little background on yourself outside of WoW? How old are ya and what do you do for a living? Student? Family man? Loner (and possibly even a Rebel)?

Thanks.

About Ji-Kun, the raid leader assigned people to do it, none of which were me. He also said to just not worry about it and stay on the platform with the boss, so we did. Outside of WoW I'm a student, 16. I'd also consider myself a bit of a loner. I get straight A's, and I'm probably the most lazy person you'll meet. Outside of WoW I watch tv and go to school... That's about it :p

Hi Ishkurr:

First off, your gemming/reforging and everything looks in-line. Regarding talent choices...I see that you have Wild Charge currently. Is that a fight specific change? When do you feel like Wild Charge is useful and when would you rather just have the flat 15% from Feline Swiftness or even the quasi-charge from Displacer Beast. It seems odd in a PvE context to take Wild Charge. Same with Nature's Swiftness. Were you perhaps doing some PvP? If so, what do you traditionally use on most PvE encounters? Any changes you make in glyphs as well?

From an overall standpoint, your logs look pretty solid. Epeen Bot is showing you ranking anywhere from the 95-75 percentile on several fights, which is very strong.

Taking a look at your Heroic Jin'rokh parse from last week...I really have no overt criticism. CD usage was on-par, 2 potions used, 3 uses of Roar (yay!), 6 uses of Barkskin (fantastic!), HotW + Tranquility + off healing led to your only real down-time on DoTs. Everything looks pretty standard.

So let's evaluate a fight that you didn't do that well on. Iron Qon from last night. 88% uptime on DoTs. What happened here? Evaluating the logs, it's not from the shields in P3. What could you do to improve this? What do you currently use to track your DoTs? 8 uses of Barkskin which is, again, phenomenal. 2 uses of healthstone...again, awesome to see. I see you ran Nature's Swiftness here and only used it once. Why not run Renewal? You delayed CA and Incarn at one point. Why did you do this? Do you typically plan this out in your head? If so, how/what factors do you weigh?

Looking over all your logs, you clearly know what you're doing. Your use of defensive CDs is mighty impressive. Your survivability generally seems quite good and your DPS is fine on most fights. It seems like you actually use most of our utility abilities (Roar, Innervate, Tranq) instead of just talking about them as an advantage and never utilizing them.

Good luck on your app.