WoW ReApp - Babylonius (Now WW Monk)

Babylonius

I'm back!!! After weeks of Ashin begging and keeping tabs on me, I've decided to try my luck again. If you liked me as a Blood DK, you'll love me as a WW Monk

Here's my last thread for some of the other info, I copied some of it here.

Armory: http://us.battle.net...lonius/advanced

WoL: http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/256387/ - Mine

http://www.worldoflo...m/guilds/54196/ - Current Guild's

EPeenBot: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/turalyon/babylonius/

Raid History:

I started at the end of BC and didnt raid seriously till Wrath. Cleared Naxx, Ulduar (All normals and heroics minus Yogg+2 and Mim), ToGC (with insanity), ICC 11/12H.

I took a break after ICC and focused on finishing my Bachelors. I didnt raid much in BoT/BWD or FL till I came back strong for DS where I rebuilt my guild and went 8/8H. In T14 I went 6/16H and I'm currently 11/12N in ToT on 25m with Lei Shen down on 10m.

For all but Ulduar I was an officer in w/e guild I was in and started my own guild for Heroic ICC, leading raids, main tanking, and handling all guild buisiness. I have laid down the officer mantle to focus on my own performance full time and boy is it working out.

I am looking to leve my current guild because they have made choices that confuse and anger me favoring officers who get their mains banned and dont' show up when they are supposed to lead raids among other odd choices.

Me:

I am 23 and finishing my Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology. I have been playing WoW since mid 2007 and played an MMO called RYL for several years before that. To be frank (I'm really Matt), I play WoW because nothing else eats up free time like it does. I play to be recognized in every sense of that. I love knowing that I am one of the best, in the best guild, surrounded by the best people, or anythign like that. That being said, I know to be the best I need to work with the best which is why I am applying here. I am a 100% team player and will never be selfish for any reason. I have been a Guild Master, Raid Leader, and Main Tank for the better part of the past 3 years and I know the stresses and requirements that come from that.

I have raided at the US and World level back in Wrath and know the devotion and requirements to maintain that ranking. The highest I had achieved was a World #101 Normal Lich King 25. I love to rank and do so almost constantly regularly very high. I know that to rank the boss has to die and for that to happen I have to execute the fight and the guild's strategy perfectly so that always comes first. I check EJ several times a day and know as much about WW as I can. I am trying to learn tank in my free time, but I don't have much of it on the weekends and LFR isn't much of a challenge to test my mettle. I have a healing set with some blues although healing confuses and scares me.

I copied most of this from my other thread so I am open to answering questions.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay 2 important questions for ya :clap:

1. Pepsi or Coca Cola?

AND

2. What is your guilty pleasure?

1. I tend to avoid either, don't much like the dark sodas and the weird feeling they give your teeth after, much bigger Sprite fan. Who loves orange soda? I do, I do, I dooooo.

2. Guilty pleasure.... Hmm, not sure i really have one. Maybe watching Doctor Who or using a flask, 300 food and double potting on LFR fights.

Orange soda is gross.

Obligatory question: you're sure this time? No teasing / takebacks?

Also, for the record, I did not beg nor have I ever. I did keep in touch with you because I felt you would be a good person to raid with.

Now explain to me why I want a WW Monk on my raid team. What do they do for me that other classes cannot do as well? Can you provide specific examples of ways in which you used your class utility to help your team get a progression kill during this tier?

Orange soda is gross.

Obligatory question: you're sure this time? No teasing / takebacks?

Also, for the record, I did not beg nor have I ever. I did keep in touch with you because I felt you would be a good person to raid with.

Now explain to me why I want a WW Monk on my raid team. What do they do for me that other classes cannot do as well? Can you provide specific examples of ways in which you used your class utility to help your team get a progression kill during this tier?

Definitely sure this time. There isn't anything my current guild could do, short of passing up your progression this week, which won't happen.

WW monks provide almost an unparalleled level of mobility, I will rarely miss getting into or out of something. Like the many things on Lei Shen or Iron Qon.

On a fight like Twin Consorts I took it on myself to learn how to draw the shapes because I could roll and FSK and get it done faster than anyone, getting us the kill after two attempts.

On Lei Shen 10 I was able to use my numerous CDs and self heals to keep myself and another dps alive in our own quadrant and soak the Static Shocks by myself.

On a fight like Council of Elders I am able to use SEF to spreads out my damage and speed up the fight overall, however I only do this if the fight is on farm or the focus target dies fast enough without me.