Zaolin - Warlock Aff/Destro

zaolin

About me:

My name is Joe and I am 24 years old. I currently work at Bank of America and I am 5 classes away from having a BA in Finance and Economics. I also just started tattooing as an apprentice. Aside from tattooing and work I stunt motorcycles for fun and hang out with my girlfriend of 3 years. I'm pretty easy to please and like to have fun and not bash my head on the keyboard all day.

My Toon:

I play a warlock PERMANENTLY. I have played and raided as other classes and once I stumbled onto my warlock late in icc I knew I didn't want to raid as any other class. I am most proficient at affliction and destruction but I have messed around with demo and it wasn't too bad. My current ilvl is 528 but I haven't capped valor this week yet at this point so it will be higher in a few hours. I am currently 4/13h. I do not have a set talent tree model as I basically choose whatever is best suitable for the fight.

My armory: http://us.battle.net...Zaolin/advanced

My wow-heroes (has links to logs): http://www.wow-heroe...nblight/zaolin/

My PoV from guilds first heroic jin'rohk kill:

My Computer:

I'm running a gtx 560i, msi autoclock board, 8 gigs RAM, i5 processor running at 3.1 ghz. I also have good net and a mic that doesnt sound like a fishbowl.

Speedtest: 2735727961.png

My Overall XP:

I have been playing since ulduar was current content but did not start raiding heroics seriously until the beginning of cata. My prime was during firelands in which I was able to obtain realm first heroic rag which I believe was pre-nerf. I also killed h sinestra for realm first and heroic al'akir. I stopped playing half way through DS due to guild going 10 man and came back the week before ToT was released. I dont raid just for gear. I love progressing and progressing fast which I am currently not doing. My current guild has a bunch of people that just like to point fingers, backstab, and talk crap the whole raid. Its going nowhere and its not fun.

Thats just a little about me and if you have any other questions let me know.

*Yes I can make raid times with no problems*

Hi Zaolin, thanks for the intro & welcome to the forums :)!

I have played and raided as other classes and once I stumbled onto my warlock late in icc I knew I didn't want to raid as any other class.

[...]

if you have any other questions let me know.

Why Warlock?

- Ev

Hi Zaolin!

Thanks for the application, going through your logs your uptimes are really good (you don't seem to let your dots drop at all especially on H horridon where things can get frantic), raid awareness seems good (no extra damage taken then nesscessary).

Gem and reforging is spot on, question about your lei shen trinket though; how are you liking it for affliction? I feel the wushoolay and breath combo seems to do better due to synergy and also the huge amounts of secondary stats it gives. Also no meta?!?! :mad: can be doing wayyyyy more once you get hit (your numbers seem to be fine anyways so extra dps never hurts :p ). I noticed you say you've messed around with demo a bit, how would you feel if you were asked to play it for certain fights where that spec excels? I.E Durumu or Lei Shen

No real mistakes or anything I noticed at first glance, will note things I spot in the future :p .

Also I dislike you for your upload :mad: , it would be nice to have that for streaming HD

Only thing that jumps out is your lack of heroic progression experience, you did a bit during t11 and t12 but it kinda stopped there. Started the game late so no real wotlk experience is making your history pretty thin. However from what I've seen you seem to do well on avoiding certain mechanics and, without personally experiencing it, hoping you have a very quick learning curve to new fights

Edited by Synnical

Ev, theres just something about how warlocks work that makes it fun for me. Maintaining the uptimes and draining the life out of my target at the same time helps me destress from dealing with tards at work all day 101%20Smilie.png

Syn, I know coming in during toc doesnt give me a lot of "history" but I havent ever had any problems adapting to fights. Yeah the fact I dont have the meta sucks but i should finish Test of Valor within the next week. I also wouldnt mind going demo for durumu or lei shen, its fun for me mixing things up. As for lei shen trink, its awesome, proc comes up SB SS and bam, 100% crit for the duration. Its better now since higher ilvl of trink = better proc. And I have yet to see wushalay drop, ever.

Any other questions add me on realID: scrapetwelve#1393

Hello,

We may have an opening for a warlock at the start of the next raid tier / the end of this one, due to a team mate who plans to retire for school. However, I would not be able to consider your app during the remainder of our T15 progression.

Briefly glancing at your armory, I am concerned about the lack of recent heroic experience. Killing Rag before Dragon Soul came out is a great accomplishment. But it doesn't seem like you've had much success with heroics since then. Can you give a bit of insight as to your absence from most of T13 and T14, and also tell me what have been the problems that have held you and your team back this tier? How did you connect with them? What guild(s) did you raid with for ICC, T11 and T12 Cata?

Syn gave you good marks on your logs, and that's a good start. Glancing you over on raidbots, I think your DPS would be middle-of-the-pack for our team. Do you have any concerns about playing on a PvP server? (Have you in the past?)