532 Blood DK- Frozenorb

Frozenorb

Hi Hip,

Thank-you for your analysis I will love to overview my 10man tanking strategy I took up for Easily Distracted

DPS

The strategy I had to rely on for my 10man group was to do as much damage as possible, as a percentage of the raid I knew that the tanks damage matters a lot and can make the difference for hitting or missing our mark, I often felt our raid dps was low and knew I could make up for it.

I often used Goul on cooldown, and Army during a lust phase or a high damage tank phase or create both by cheese vengeance from allowing the boss to crit me.

For this DPS strategy I did not save any runes and tried to maximize as many rune strikes as I possibly could, same reason my death-strike heals were low did not save for optimal hps at all.

For AMS I would line up with with DRW and burn through as many rune-strikes as possible, soul reaper, etc. I often missed the opportunity to use the AMS my second time between DRW's which is a spot I need to improve on,

a week-point of me is using soul-barrier and is a place I need to improve and can so easily by optimizations through UI.

I often kept rune-tap , Vamp blood, and death-pact as a burst crutch for this strategy as I was burning death-strikes on cool-down

I can see myself playing the HPS game again, I just need to place my deathstrikes more handily after boss abilities and correct my trinket and cooldown usages

Burnout

To address my inconsistencies

I started to experience burnout at the end of 5.1.

I was raiding weekends late night 10-1am CST which payed its toll on me for workdays on Friday & Monday. as well as raids on Thursday and Fridays.

My major pull to continue raiding was a relationship I built in game with a great women in the guild.

and so I played through the exhaustion and burnout just to keep the group together.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up Froz,

Thanks for the reply.

I can see myself playing the HPS game again, I just need to place my deathstrikes more handily after boss abilities and correct my trinket and cooldown usages

Essentially yes, but no small feat if you've built some very different habits.

What you've detailed as your approach to raiding makes sense with what I'm seeing in your logs. It does make one a bit nervous as that approach wouldn't be effective in 25H progression, but the facts that you're aware of the difference and feel you can switch gears is at least somewhat settling.

So, you are no longer feeling burnt out?

If you only kept playing the game for the fine graces of a lovely lady, what's keeping you playing now/got you interested in coming over here?

Hip

Non-tank chiming in to say that one thing I enjoy about this thread is that Froz' posts are just very direct and easy to read. Not a lot of fuss, but still answers the questions.

I agree with Hip's reaction. Yes, true, you'd need to shift back to the "HPS game" in 25's. But is there any assurance or comfort you can give us that you'll be able to flip your style like that?

So, you are no longer feeling burnt out?

If you only kept playing the game for the fine graces of a lovely lady, what's keeping you playing now/got you interested in coming over here?

Hip

I'm curious to feel the damage changes for 25man but I am comfortable in my ability to adapt.

My interest in South of Heaven is the opportunity to compete on a 25player scale with 24 other like-minded players, same server and weekday raid schedule is alluring as well as the potential to get some server first kills next patch.

I'm feeling the itch to compete and hell' when I'm streaming again I gotta put on a good show for the woman =)

Non-tank chiming in to say that one thing I enjoy about this thread is that Froz' posts are just very direct and easy to read. Not a lot of fuss, but still answers the questions.

ty Ashin

I liked these questions the most because I had to really look at myself to answer them well.

I liked your most recent response, so I thought I would ask some questions. Then I realized I already asked my standard questions and that I never gave a follow up response.

I really enjoyed H Nefarion in cata and that was my favorite fight that expansion. My favorite all time fight is probably Lich King or H Lei Shen. I am a big fan of the last boss having multiple phases and many different mechanics. I wish I had been able to kill Illidan when it was current content.

I personally am a huge fan of this raid tier. I feel that it is incredibly epic and enjoyable. I think if it was a little less linear it would have beaten Ulduar in epicness.

As far as next tier goes, I am really excited for it and I expect Blizzard to deliver a really awesome adventure.

More questions: what is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Do you play any sports? What is your favorite food?

Edited by Araenith

• 2 weeks later...