Introduction- Bambi

Bambi

First off, thank you to Ashin for the tread post and leading me here.

Hello All,

My name is Mason (Bambi in game, and yes... I do get ALOT of grief for my name, but people are just jealous of my awesomeness IMO) anywho, I am currently looking for a solid, consistent team to finish off this tier of content with and venture into Mists of Pandaria with.

Game info:

I am currently 7/8 Heroic Mode with Phase 2 Madness experience. Last tier I went 6/7 heroic mode with 5 of them being pre-nerf and shortly killed beth'tilac afterwards. I do have Heroic Rag experience (phase 4, 2% to go and Roots spawn under him. I wanted to cry.) tier 11 I didn't do very much serious raiding, I was just coming back from a break ( do to family emergency) but thus I got back into the swing of things in Fl and hope to continue so in MoP and so on. That's about it for The PvE scene.

PvP is a little bit of a mystery to me, this might sound odd but every time I go into a battleground I find myself standing in a corner, in bear form, holding a flag and praying I dong get ganked. I do however enjoy killing alliance people, ive found it very therapeutic at times. I will say I am not a serious 2400+ pvper, but I do enjoy it as a casual.

Abit about behind the keyboard:

My name is Mason ( I believe I've already said that) I currently live in Nashville, TN. I am 24 years old, I work retail at a furniture store. ( boring right) and I play alot of WoW. I'm a very shy person at first but as you all get to know me I will come out of my shell more.

Info about Bambi:

Armory link:

http://us.battle.net...anis/Hci/simple

WoLs:

http://www.worldoflo...xdbsi2zc10n43e/

If you need anything else, please let me know and I will get it to you! Thanks to all who take the time to read this.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bambi!

Thank you for posting an intro - I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk with you more last night. I am a *terrible* multitasker - one or two convo's and I immediately begin to stand in fire, etc.

That's okay about the armory; we can wait. Your friends and guildmates seem to feel you are a wonderful tank! Could you start off by reviewing why you are on the market for a new guild? 7/8H isn't bad at all.

I will also be in the chat room later today, and hopefully we can get to know eachother a bit.

(p.s. Yes, I think the name-haters are just jealous. Few can truly appreciate the bear, let alone a bear named after a small fawn.)

1. Im on the market, because through all the guilds Ive currently talked to have not been a good "fit" for me, Yes, I am 7/8HM but i put up with alot of hate and ridicule to get there. Im a gay guy and so I dont like being called "Fag and Queer" when I mess up on something minor, Like i was in my last guild, So I transfered to Mal'Ganis, to a promising group looking to progress, everyone was extremely nice and all, but recruitment was hard on them and the guild sunk quickly (Gregoria, the guy who vouched for me was the GM) So Im looking for something more long term, to were I can build friendships and progress into Mist of Pandaria with people of similar attributes and interests.

2. I have not transfered yet, but i am able to whenever.

P.s I actually was trying to get Bambi with no special letters but I forgor when you name change, you cant go back and delete a char with that name, so i put in my old BC name. :( If I do transfer, I will def be Bambi.

Bambi

Bubbi

Baby

How are ya?

Welcome to the boards.

So, you're a tank? Delicious, let me launch a question assault!

What made you choose a bear? What tools do you feel you have that give you an advatage over other tanking classes?

Are you currently in an MT or OT role? Do you prefer to MT or OT?

What other class you do you most prefer to pair with when tanking?

What tools do you use to monitor your threat on single/multiple targets?

What tools do you use to track your buffs/CDs (savage defense, barkskin etc.)?

What tools do you use to track your debuffs on a target (FFF, Demoralizing Roar, etc.)?

Some concerns with your spec. How do you compensate for not spec'ing into Infected Wounds? How do you compensate for not spec'ing into Perserverance? What utility/advantage do you feel you're getting in other talent choices from these?

What was your inpiration for choosing the stam head enchant and meta gem, but the agility shoulder enchant?

thanks,

Hip

Hey and welcome to the forums!

I have a couple clarification questions about your current spec. It appears to be a very hybrid-y spec that has a lot of diverse utility in several of the DS HM encounters (in particular, Madness and Hagara). I'm wondering what your specific reasons are for rolling with these particular spec choices (especially the inclusion of all of the desirable mostly-cat, cat-only and bear-only talents)?

Now for the less nebulous spec questions: Why Brutal Impact? I've had no use for it myself during this tier. And no Perseverence is a little shocking, I have to admit! Could you please go into your reasons for these talent choices also?

Last question: I see an agi/hit gem in there, hiding behind all the Agi, Mastery and Dodge. Is this because you value 25 hit and 37 stam about the same? More of a Cat concern? Not really a concern at all?

P.S. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with your previous guild. I've been very fortunate to find a place where I never have to worry about that kind of thing. One of the reasons I play these games is to associate with people I don't just have to "put up with", you know?