WoW Application - Experienced WoW player looking to join the ranks

equinocs

Hello SoH,

I came across your guild from a real-life buddy of mine that is in your guild in GW2. He told me nothing but great things about this guild and he said to post an app for the upcoming WoW expansion. So to give an introduction, I would like to say a few things about myself, specifically my experiences with WoW.

I am 28 yrs old. Korean male living in busy streets of NYC. Engaged to my fiancee several months ago. Love being active playing basketball and handball. Love pets, have 4 cats of my own and most importantly, love playing video games. I am Korean, so you KNOW i'm good at games. lol

I started playing WoW since day 1. Vanilla...ahh the gold ol' days. Cleared MC, BWL ,AQ40 but never had the opportunity to clear Naxx. In BC, I cleared all PvE content and managed to get gladiator title in season 3. Gotta love Warrior + Druid combo w/ Mace spec. WotLK is where I took things to the next level and decided to create my own guild with a few real-life friends (one of whom is in SoH that plays GW2). Climbed the ranks within the server and that set the tone going into Cata. My guild eventually reached #2 in the server and that is when I had to take a hiatus from WoW due to my new job. As all you officers are long time WoW players, I'm sure you know that WoW has a certain grip and always drags you back into the game. That is why I want to bring my skills to the table and kill some dragons.

My main in Vanilla, BC and WotLK was a warrior. Man, I was NASTY with my warrior. always topping meters and anyone who has played WoW with me will say that I am one of the best tanks he/she has ever played with. However, my rampaging days had to come to an end because when I created my guild, I realized that finding a good healer was setting back the guild. Therefore, I had to start a Priest from scratch for the sake of the guild. Doing so, my guild was able to reach #2 in the server.

After talking to Feja, I realize you are not recruiting any warriors or priests =(. However, you are recruiting Holy Paladins and Hunters. My friend, Jacien, is a holy paladin. I'm sure he will join your ranks as a Holy Paladin. I do have a level 85 hunter. If you do not have any space for a warrior or priest, I will gladly play a hunter. I've been playing WoW for so long I can excel at any class and any spec and I WILL excel at it. I always take the time to research forums on class knowledge as well as raid strategies and mechanics.

Thank you for the consideration. I hope to see you guys in game real soon.

Hello,

Thanks for putting in the app, and I'm glad your friend Jacien is enjoying the GW2 chapter. It was nice of him to send you our way.

I have a few preliminary questions.

First, have you reviewed our recruitment post in detail?

http://www.sohguild....us-wow-chapter/

Assuming you have, can you tell me what about it stands out or interests you in our guild - aside from the fact that Jacien is here?

Unlike some guilds we do not try to maintain a bench per se. We prefer a static roster and therefore attendance is extremely important to us. Raids start and stop on time, and we essentially expect near-perfect attendance from our raiders. We of course understand things like vacation or emergencies, but those need to be exceptions. Having reviewed our schedule, do you feel confident that you will make 99% of those raids?

(More specifically - you have a wedding on the horizon and your job has apparently caused conflicts with your gaming hobby in the past, so please address those points.)

The last area I want to ask about for now is with respect to hunter. Have you raided as a hunter before - or any other ranged DPS for that matter? We tend to agree that a good raider can excel at any class, but we have also seen situations where someone who is great in one role is not so great in another. Have you at least had an opportunity to take the hunter into LFR since the patch and see if you like the mechanics?

Thank you and welcome to the boards. :)

Hello Ashin,

Thank you for reviewing my application. Yes, I have thoroughly read your recruitment thread. Sorry I couldn't address all the issues the first time around.

The reason why I want to join SoH is because of your reputation and the longevity the guild has had for 7 years. As a guild leader in the past, I understand that with expansions, recycled dungeons, real life issues, etc that maintaining a guild for 7 years is a HUGE accomplishment. I have been in several guilds in the past and was rarely able to call a guild my home.

Attendance wouldn't be a problem for myself. I am prepared to make all raid times 100%. My fiancee has accepted me as a huge gamer and she doesn't get in the way. I take care of my duties during the day time and will be ready to pew pew during the night. Running a core 10 man guild, I understand how important attendance is. 1 man will have a detrimental affect on the outcome of a raid. I don't consider raiding as a chore/second job/ or an obligation. I look forward to raiding at the day's end.

Yes, I have raided with my mage back in Vanilla. I have ran LFR several times with my hunter. I do particularly well considering I did just a tiny bit of reserach regarding rotation/spec/stat priority...and with subpar gear. I understand that hunter's can be a great utility in raids such as kiting, aggro direction, etc. I'll be honest, I feel right at home when I"m playing warrior or priest. Can't say I can same the same with the other classes I've played such as Mage/Pally/Rogue.

However, after Warrior/Priest, Hunter would be my next pick in terms of choosing a main. If you do not have a spot for a warrior (any spec) or a holy/disc priest, please consider my hunter. I promise you won't be disappointed =)

Edited by equinocs

hey guys. i just wanted to add something in. eq and i are real life friends and we ran a very successful guild with thud & blud being a part of our core group. the thing about eq is.. he learned every class (even if he didnt play the class) in and out to maximize our raiding efficiency and balance. hopefully that would kind of help getting a better understanding of his gaming. oh also, dont forget me!!