Utherpendrg Protection Paladin

Utherpendrg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Uther,

It was nice to chat with you over the weekend! I can tell you have a lot of passion for your role and your class, and I think you would get along great with the team.

One minor point that we discussed after your interview - we're not sure your approach to maintaining uptime on Sacred Shield is really ideal. I think the reason this spell has a short cooldown relative to its duration is because Blizzard wants you to make decisions about when to use your GCD on this spell versus something else. In a fight with tank swaps, you might also want to factor in your current vengeance since the absorb is based on your stats at the time you cast it. The method you use produces acceptible results, true, but to achieve optimal results we think you would need to maintain the buff manually and exercise personal judgement rather than outsourcing to your macro.

This does not have a direct bearing on your app as we feel it is a finer point, but its some feedback to consider as you continue to refine your gameplay.

As for the app itself, right now I'm focusing a lot of my energy on searching for a blood dk. For a few reasons I think this is a stronger choice for our team comp, and we're not in a rush to add our new tank, so I can afford to be picky in this case. I'm definitely open to a prot paladin if I find the right player - and you might be that guy - but in the short term I'm going to explore a few blood DK apps before making a decision. I'd definitely like to keep in touch, but if you're looking to make a decision right away, that probably isn't something I can do for you right now.

I agree 100% with you on my Sacred Shield and it is something I need to work on as a raider to improve not only myself but whatever guild I am in. I understand you exploring Blood Death Knight apps whatever helps the guild progress better as a cohesive unit is what needs to be done. I will 100% keep in touch and keep you on real id. Like you I am not in a rush to find a guild I would rather take my time to try and find a picture perfect fit to enjoy my raiding experience and progress in current content. Thank you very much for reading my app and the interview. i will be keeping in touch if anything changes let me know and I would be more then happy to sit down with you guys again and talk anytime!

~NIck~ aka Utherpendrg