Utherpendrg Protection Paladin

Utherpendrg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about disney films? I watch them with my god son all the time.

What's your favorite color? Big Fan of greem

Are you optimistic or pessimistic? optimistic

How do you feel about fish? I have 4. 2 oscar fish, 1 Black Fin Shark, and 1 Marble Veil Angel

Do you speak any other languages? only bad words in spanish and italian

Do you play any instruments? use to play guitar a little not to much anymore

How do you feel about drunk escapades into other games with the guild i.e. Starcraft 2, Planetside 2, Borderlands, etc? Count me in!

Do you like to dance? in WoW yes especially on Will. RL yes I can.

How do you feel about social events within the guild, usually mumble or chat related? We like to have a close cohesion to the guild, inside the game and out. it makes the raid team a better unit as a whole I will attend them.

What's your favorite movie? This is the hardest question I will ever be asked can I pick like 4? Well I am going to. Aliens, anything in the Halloween series except halloween III and halloween 2 the rob zombie because it crushed me to watch that piece of shit, Escape from LA and NY, and Big Trouble in Little China.

Do you like plaid clothing? its still 1993?

Whats up Nick,

Firstly, very nice app. I really appreciate the time and especially the thought you put into this. I like that you've spelled out your decisions and reasoning for why you've chosen the various talents/glphys/gearing/etc. It really helps me understand you as a player.

Have you tried going haste instead of mastery? I was gearing for mastery up intl two weeks ago and have since gone haste. I am happy to report I really like the change. I do slightly more damage, damage taken is the same, but they play is much faster. I really like having spells more readily available and not hitting as many pauses in time where I have little to do other than refresh sacred shield. Something to consider if you haven't, although either strat is certrainly viable.

Curious about your gemming and trinket choices. Have you always gone full stam on your gems and trinkets? If not when/what fights do you switch up for and why?

I also appreciate you sharing your planned changes to talents/play with the Prot Pally changes in 5.2, it shows me you're staying up on the class and have a plan for what's next rather than just floating along.

I'm having a little trouble following what you were saying in your "macros and keybinds" section about your Sacred Shield uptimes? Are you using a specific tool to track SS? On your logs you're definitely above average on your uptime, but there is room for improvement, how could you keep this up more consistently? Also what are your thoughts on SS versus Eternal Flame in 5.2?

Also, what tools are you using to track the availability and uptime of your CDs? I see from your logs you could have a lot more uptime on defensive and offensive CDs. Your SKings log shows 1 use of Holy Avenger and Avenging Wrath (I assume you have these Macro'd together?) 1 use of each of your trinkets, 2 Ardent Defenders and zero Divine Protections. What could you do to improve your CD usage on fights where CD usage isn't overtly called for (like Spirit Binder, which looks good btw)?

Also, what tools are you using to track multi-target threat and uptime of the Weakened Blows debuff?

Overall good app, but I'd like to hear what steps you could take to show you're ready for deeper progression.

thanks,

Hip

I have not gone haste yet I would like to try in the future though. My gemming the stamina is simply because after the hard expertise cap and hit cap askmrobot.com says gem stamina ever since they had theck's builds imported over there I have been using it. As for the trinkets for the control/mastery build Lao-chin's liquid courage is BIS. The darkmoon card will be replace by Jade warlord figurine as soon as it drops lol

For tracking my SS I use forte exorcist I have a certain macro for SoTR and SS that I use every 3rd SoTR making my uptime better. But like you said it could be improved if I don't get AS procs for the extra holy power it doesn't always add up. so I will have to manually hit it I could do that and make it better. Thoughts on EF over SS in 5.2 well it depends on if I had 2 piece or 4 piece really. Now with 2 piece I am think of going with EF why you ask? Well for every 3 hp that I get every 15 seconds I will use EF healing myself making me easier to heal and keep that wonderful buff we will be getting up. Now if I had the protection 4 piece its gonna be SS why you ask? Well every 15 seconds I will be using WoG instead of EF for the buff and The Protection 4 piece counts damage after all mitigation, and does count absorbed damage gaining more holy power making SS the stronger build I think I am not 100% on that.

For Multiple target I use tidy plates threat plates and if its on me its green if not its red and red = bad news bears. .for the Weakened blows debuff single target I have big debuffs on xpearl enabled very easy to track on that. for multiple targets forte exorcist will track that for me.

For spirit kings last week I really have no excuse I was playing like shit and had a off night I do apologize. It is very hard for me atm to get excited about raiding. when you dislike 50% of the raid group dying to dumb shit or just plain stupidity it lowers my morale as well. The Spirit Bender a Tank has to use good cd usage for the voodoo doll and the shadowy attacks. Dp+HoS = win on that fight for those abilities.

So, you're a WWE fan, I'll go there since no one else has!

This weekends Royal Rumble:

1: Who will win the Rumble, superstar or numerical entrance?

2: Del Rio Vs. Show in a LMS match, who wins?

3: Will Punk retain the WWE Championship or will the Great One lay the smackdown on his candyass?

4: Diva pick, if you could date one, whoch would it be?

I'll probly think of more later!

*Edit- Also, jealous you get to go to Wrestlemania!

Edited by Morkgrim