11/16H Shadow Priest

Lighti

Just for my own curiosity: Is that contingent on still having 4pc T14? It seems to me that increased DoT time could be what is overweighting Haste. No math or research to back that up, just a thought.

Nope.

Hmm alright thanks for the info and i figured the T14 was best until you had 2 set in T15.

If that was the case then why did you break the set bonus? As far as the haste priority goes, take a look around howtopriest.com, lots of good information there.

Okay so i took what you said into consideration with the T14. I just spent the last 10 min sim crafting to test this idea. In no way shape or form does it improve my dps. I actually lose 2k dps with having my T14 gloves on. Now this might be because most of my T 14 is not heroic and that my i lvl with the T14 gloves is below 507. To me that makes sense because i do not have full heroic T14 i can see how dropping my set for more stats would benefit me and where if i had full H t14 i would keep it all on because the ilvl is close and you get that nice 4 set bonus. I also did a comparison between the haste to crit with my current gear and with me keeping the haste cap and forging haste into cri (with T 14 set) my dps goes up about 1k over all compared to not forging out of all the haste. Yet this is just what i did from testing. Sim Craft was on a patchwork type fight and if you would like me to link images of what i have simed i would be more than glad to. I always enjoy talking about shadow priest. I would also like to ask where you found your info on haste scaling? I would like to read up on it. Please dont take this post in a negative way i just like to see things for my own eyes.

I look at logs and i sim when i feel that i have to. Honestly its been so long since i have even had to talk about shadow priest that i haven't looked at my logs or simmed my own character. Its refreshing to say the least. The guild i was in was very relaxed when it came to performance in raids. Now I'm not claiming that all I did was slack off or anything like that. I held my own, bosses were dieing and I did the job given to me. I guess claiming that I am not a fan of Logs was the wrong way of going about it i realize this now. I should have been more clear and I am sorry for this. What I should have stated was that I do not personally use Logs on a regular basis unless something is drastically wrong with my performance dps wise. Also please note that i haven't been in a competitive environment for some time now and I honestly miss that push factor in the game. That would be something I am looking for in a guild again. I realize that this app seems to be going south and there is just about nothing I can do about it. My logs state my own performance and my stream shows you how i play. As for the stat weights and all that good stuff you guys have been throwing at me I'm only answering the best way i see fit and since i posted the sim comment i have been looking at howtopriest.com Nothing up to date states haste is best past the reachable break point. I hope this clears things up for you Raer.

Hey Lighti,

Simming a patchwerk fight doesn't really highlight what is so good about our T14-4peice bonus, that bonus really shines on multi-dot or heavy movement fights. Either way though, with only having normal gloves (I am assuming un-upgraded) it is a close call (a closer call than I initially believed tbh), but the T14-4piece is still the better way to go in reality.

As for the haste theorycrafting, like I mentioned in my previous post, howtopriest.com has all of that information, in addition to a lot of other stuff that is helpful!

Edit: Don't assume anything is going south! It is good to see how you handle criticism.

Edited by Twelvesoft

ya i found the multie dot sim you are talking about and how haste scales better than crit making it a better stat over all as long as there is a second target to dot and keep dots on through out the fight. I am going to be simming a multie dot fight shortly to see how it plays out and yet my gloves are not upgraded due to me trying to coin/get the H gloves.