Svin - Shadow Priest

Svin

Character Name: Svin

Battle Tag: Svinski#1661

Class and Spec: Priest Shadow/Disc specs. I currently play Shadow for both PvE and PvP, but Disc when I get Heroic healer bags.

World of Warcraft Armory: http://us.battle.net...r/Svin/advanced

World of Logs -

Heroic 25m Lei Shi - http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=4123&e=4525

Heroic 25m Wind Lord - http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=4879&e=5258

Heroic 25m Stone Guard - http://worldoflogs.c...ne/?s=153&e=425

About Me -

Hello, my name is Jessie. I am 20 years old (21 in August!) and living in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I am currently studying Accounting (I know, how boring) and in my Junior year. On top of being a college student, I am also raising a new puppy I got a little over a month ago. His name is Acero and he is 12 weeks old right now. He is a purebred Siberian Husky and probably the cutest little puppy you will ever see. If anyone wants to see pictures of him, I would love to show you guys!

I have been playing World of Warcraft on and off since it has been released back in November of 2004. I raided on my priest back in Vanilla with a guild called Ministry on the server Kel'Thuzad. I raided with this guild for Blackwing Lair and a little bit of AQ40 before I took a break. I came back for BC and raided with the same guild for Karazhan and the beginning of Serpentshrine Cavern. After SSC, I took a break until WoTLK, in which I transferred my priest over to Malorne to play with my father and some of his friends. I raided with my father's guild on my Death Knight for the beginning of WoTLK until I once again took a break. I came back to play Cataclysm on my priest and raided with my father's guild on Malorne and went 1/13H in T11. After T11, I started to raid on my Holy Paladin with a different guild during FL and ended up going 6/7H with them when FL was current content. After going 1/8H in T13, my guild broke up on Malorne. I put up a post on the guild recruitment forums and was asked to join The Panic Attacks. I transferred over to Stormreaver back in January of 2012 and raided with The Panic Attacks until the end of Dragon Soul. I stopped raiding in the beginning of MoP, but then picked back up raiding with The Panic Attacks in December of 2012. With The Panic Attacks, I went 10/16H in T14 content.

I have raided a few times with South of Heaven back in Normal Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. I was filling in one night because Yasung asked me too and ended up meeting Ashin as well as a few others in the raid team.

I love to PvP whenever I have the chance to. I just love to melt peoples face and watch them die as a shadow priest. When you multi-dot everything in PvP, you just feel good including when everyone just all of the sudden drops over. I did not do much PvP back in Season 12, but I did a few arenas to try and get some gear. I went 1900+ in RBGs back in Season 11 and would like to pick PvP back up as well as doing PvE.

Rotation and Class Specifics -

When it comes to raiding, I get all of my specifics for my class from http://howtopriest.com/. I believe it is the best site for shadow priests to get their information.

As far as stats go, I am currently running with Hit>Haste(10,437 minimum)>Int>Crit>Mastery. I am currently using an addon called ReforgeLite that does all of my reforging for me. Since I cannot hit over 10,437 haste rating with just reforging, I am currently gemming mostly haste gems until my gear level gets high enough to reach the haste breakpoints that I need.

As far as my spec goes, I am currently running with Psyfiend, Body and Soul, Solace and Insanity, Angelic Bulwark, Power Infusion (or Twist of Fate - depending on the fight, usually for fights with a lot more adds or a longer burn phase) and then a mixture of all three talents, Halo/Cascade/Divine Star. Halo is better for fights in which I can stay in a spot 25 yds. away from the boss to maximize the damage from this ability. Cascade is better for fights in which there are a lot of adds that a spread out around a large room. Divine Star is ideal for fights in which I have to stack near a boss as well as giving good healing to the raid to help out the healers.

As far as my rotation goes, I am currently starting off boss fights with ideally 2 Shadow orbs so I can open up with Mind Blast/Halo and then apply Shadow Word:Pain followed by Vampiric Touch/Shadow Fiend. By this time, I will have 3 Shadow Orbs and use Devouring Plague and use Mind Flay: Insanity for the duration of the Devouring Plague. I will use Mind Blast and Halo off of cooldown. I reapply my dots ideally around 2-3 seconds before they fall off, but sometimes I am a few milliseconds off and let them fall off before I reapply them. This is something that I am working on improving and I feel that once I improve on this skill, my DPS can be more maxed out for boss fights. I use Mind Flay as a filler until I get 3 Shadow Orbs again to reapply Devouring Plague to use Mind Flay: Insanity again. I am currently popping Power Infusion right before I use Devouring Plague for my Mind Flay: Insanity burn. I will then use Shadow Word: Death when the boss is below 20%.

With addons, I am using an addon called Shadow Priest Dot Timer that shows the time left on my dots, as well as the CD on Mind Blast and Power Infusion. I also use Gnosis cast bars to show the ticks of my Mind Flay.

When it comes to fights with AoE, I will usually Mind Sear if there are 5+ mobs up in a confined area. If the mobs are all spread out, I will multi-dot up as many mobs as I can. I will at least try to SW:P all of the mobs because it is more damage than Vampiric Touch.

I am currently thinking about race changing yet again back to troll due to the racial being number one for Shadow Priest. With being a troll, I will be able to alternate between Power Infusion and Berserking to get even more damage from Mind Flay: Insanity, since undead is currently not giving me a DPS boost. I am just trying to decide if I want to roll female or male troll, but who knows. I might eventually play both because I race change this character all the time!

Priest was just the first class I have ever played when I started the game. When I started playing a priest, I wanted to be a healer, but then I tried out shadow and loved it. I have been playing shadow ever since the end of Wrath and haven't gone back to healing in PvE since then. I have tried other dot classes, such as a Warlock and Boomkins. I felt that Warlocks had way too many dots for me to keep up and I felt that Boomkin had too little dots. I feel that Priest was perfectly fine in the middle. I also like that Priests have the utility for some good offheals on the side. I am currently glyphed to use Renew and Prayer of Mending in Shadow Form and I see myself using those abilities a lot to help out healers in the raid. I like how a Priest can heal while doing damage with Vampiric Embrace and giving healers mana as well as increasing their mana pool for a period of time.

Hurray, glad you're apping! Welcome to the forums!

However...

I am also raising a new puppy I got a little over a month ago. His name is Acero and he is 12 weeks old right now. He is a purebred Siberian Husky and probably the cutest little puppy you will ever see. If anyone wants to see pictures of him, I would love to show you guys!

I can not accept you into this guild until I see a picture of that puppy!

Edited by Mytralala