Shoults Hunter App

Shoults

Hello, never wrote a application like this before so should be interesting my typing can be really terrible at times so hopefully it doesn’t show to badly.

Who am I? My name is Eric aka Shoults I am 20 years old and have played WoW since 2005. I am currently waiting till next fall to restart school as I took a break to help my uncle’s company. I enjoy playing video games more then almost everything, with WoW being my number one game to play. When not playing games I watch probably to much anime but I can’t help it.

WoW History: I was pretty casual from Vanilla to BC. I mainly just played with real life friends and slowly killed things. In WotLK I wanted to step up in raiding I joined a guild called Soulbound on Llane and went thru all of Naxx-Ulduar with them. In Trial of the Crusader I moved to Anguish on Llane and finished out WotLK with them. Sadly Lich King ended up killing the guild so I joined a friend’s guild for the start of Cata which I ended up leaving half way thru the tier. Some of my friends from Anguish went to Monolith on Llane and I enjoyed playing with them so I joined. I raided with them until half way thru Tier 14. We got all server firsts in Cataclysm but the guild started having recruitment problems and the leadership was getting tired as they had been raiding since Vanilla so we called it quits. I joined Wyze on Blackhand since the GM was a friend from Monolith sadly he ninja transferred and left us all guildless 1 week before Tier 15.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Shoults/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ito1ibai9fxrjjp8/ (from LFR)

UI: http://holoshots.imgur.com/all/ (been moving things around still ehhh about it)

Just something you will notice is I have no kills on normal or heroic for this tier. The reason being I was offered a job for a couple months in helping my uncle get his new business going, I was originally going to decline since I would’ve had to move to California. But when our GM ditched us and transferred the guild with him it left me without a guild 1 week before the next tier and all the guilds I applied to were declining due to not enough time for a trial before progression. So I took the job and only returned 2 days ago.

Anyways I believe I am a strong player in all the guilds I was in I was close to the top in damage, learn boss fights very quickly and good at adapting to situations. Even though big numbers are cool I rather kill a boss then rank any day so I have no problems getting sat or getting the annoying jobs.

Let the questions come… =D

First things first, I was trying to look at some of your numbers on epeen bot, and due to that recent transfer there are only 2-3 heroic kills from last tier that are showing up, if you could provide links to your old characters numbers that would be a big help in figuring out where you stand.

Aside from that I have some pretty basic questions for ya.

1: Why SoH? What brought you to us and what stands out.

2: What are things that you believe should be expected of people who want to raid competitively?

3: Is school going to get in the way of playing in the future? And on that note, what school are you planning on attending, and what field of study?

Also, your UI picture is not in a publicly accessible part of that website.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck!

Hello, the kills from when I joined Wyze will most likely not show since our GM kept the logs private why I really don't know.

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/llane/shoults/

You will have to go down and go into the hunter part. 10man Heroic will be the most recent but there are 25man heroic as well.

UI: http://i.imgur.com/cIAOyMk.jpg Sorry about that.

School wont be an issue I would take all day courses so they would never conflict, going to Austin Community College, studying computer programming.

South of Heaven stuck out for me cause it reminded me a lot of Monolith which has been my favorite guild and the reason I was in it for so long. You guys seem to have a great community something that lacks in other guilds.

Yet you still progress well, the raid schedule isn't 5-7 days a week so it fits my schedule really well.

What about our community seems great to you? How'd you get that impression, etc.?

Some very impressive ranks early in T14 as survival, but then again I think most hunters were playing BM on most fights? Ranks there were okay but not nearly as high.

Can you please select for us some logs from one or two fights where you feel that you did particularly well? Stridur (our current hunter) can have a look and give feedback, but it's nice to give us a head start so we're not combing through various guilds' WoL's.

Thank you.

I raided with Shoults in Monolith and then in Fully Torqued, the 10 man group that continued for a period of time after Monolith collapsed. He is an outstanding player, always a key figure in the 25 man group whether healing on his pally as he did for much of the time in Mono, or later dps'ing on his hunter. He has a large stable of alts of all classes, and so possesses that deep understanding of the synergy of different classes and how to use his current toon to its best advantage. He has superb raid awareness, maintains his focus very well during the hectic moments, and is an asset to any raid team.

He and Stridur would make a bad ass hunting team.

Edited by Namour

The community just seems active, reading thru posts on other apps and other places on the forums people just seem active.

I'm guessing you are looking at the Garalon, Stone Guard, Feng and Will ones for SV 25man. Those fights were all played SV with Feng and will being a toss up on what the raid needed. We had a problem with adds on Feng so I was SV to help that out, and also did the adds on Will so played SV.

Seems like a lot of the logs that I clicked were expired since they are kinda old.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/239958/calendar/02-13/

Here is some from Wyze my last guild that our GM didn't make private.

Hi Shoults welcome to the forums

First your toon setup is just right good job.I know you mentioned you was casual during vanilla & bc and stepped it up in Wotlk which I saw with the heroic kill on Lich king. Any reason why you took such long time to get back into progression as in your armory you got back into progression in FL?

There's 1 or 2 things I would take out of this UI but overall very clean and nice UI. The one thing that did worried me, is that is showing your at 12 FPS in 25 raid environment, which is extremely low and could drop lower with fights with more adds or spell effects. This could hurt your dps and your movement. Could you please list your PC Specs and anything you would do to improve this

Seems like a lot of the logs that I clicked were expired since they are kinda old.

http://www.worldoflo...calendar/02-13/

I took look at this log (http://www.worldoflo.../56/?enc=bosses) You did good job on Heroic vizier but few questions.

1. How come on these fights was Serpent sting uptime really low on some bosses? I know on Lei Shi he hides away but with boss timers you should be refreshing your dot to keep damaging him during hes hiding, your thoughts?
  2. Hunters really shine on Lei Shi cause they move and dps at the same time , which some classes cant any reason why dps was little lower than average?
  3. You died twice on Blade lord to Storm lashing could you explain what happened here?

Few more questions:

• What's your opener and priorities for SV?
  • Where on your UI do you track your ICD?What ICD's are should you be tracking as BM and SV and how do you use this information to improve your DPS?
  • Going through logs you posted what went well, what could you have done better from both a survivability and damage standpoint?

Edited by Stridur

I was actually raiding on my paladin at the time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Shoultspally/advanced

A lot more kills on the older content.

-I actually have a new computer coming tomorrow been raiding on the same computer since start of Cata.

http://www.originpc.com/gaming/desktops/genesis/ (Is the computer I bought.)

-Processor: Intel Extreme Edition Core i7 3970X 3.5GHz/4.0GHz Turbo Hex-Core (15MB L3 Cache)

-Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4x4GB)

-Graphics Card: Single 4GB EVGA GTX 690

1. I agree on some fights my uptime for SS is pretty low I was using just a progress bar from Weak Auras to track it since then I have switched to a actual warning when there is no serpent sting so if it does fall I know instantly when I just had the progress bar I ended up focusing on other things and would lose it quite a bit. Wasn't aware that the dots kept ticking will down there I was under the impression that they just fell off as they did during the add phases.

2. Quite a few times my CD usage was pretty bad. I ended up using Bestial Wrath right before hide got annoying. We were using the stack 2 buffs to max and running in out to keep them up I had to watch mine and the DKs buff and call when to get out and in I came close to deaths a few times and also had to sit in full detterrence just to not die. Kinda all these things together into a few terrible kills on my part.

3. healers had trouble on almost all of our attempts on that boss I really don't know why. It was like it was harder for us then any other boss. Every kill or wipe we would lose multiple people to constant damage in that phase. I know one was kinda my fault as I rocket boot all the down. But that was a constant issue in our raids.

-SV Opener: Serpent Sting - Stampede - Rapid Fire/Berserking/Gloves - Explosive Shot - Black Arrow - Barrge/Glaive Toss - Fervor - AMOC - Usually lock and load has proc'd - Readiness - Explosive Shot - Rapid Fire.

-Priority: Explosive Shot - Black Arrow - Barrage/Glaive Toss - AMOC (I always try to keep above 35 focus at all times so I will always have the focus to instantly get ES back on CD)

-I was tracking my ICD with Sexy Cooldown, now I have been making Weak Auras to track them. I track Lock and Load, and trinkets mainly. Tracking them can be pretty helpful its nice cause you know that they could proc and second so if I have my engineering gloves up and my trinket is up in like 1 second I would save it and get them together. Ideal situation I could get them all out together and get Black Arrow and AMOC out so their dots are a bit stronger.

- Serpent Sting up time is defiantly one of my bigger ones which I think I have fixed with the change to my UI. Also timing my CDs could be a bit cleaner. Comes to surviving I am pretty good at it I don't get hit by many needless mechanics, smarter use of healthstones would be one I tend to use it right when I take damage so I can try and get as many in a boss fight as possible though then at critical times I don't have it so just need to be more aware of when is a good time to use it I am sure if I had a healthstone on the blade lord boss up maybe I could have saved myself.

Serpent Sting up time is defiantly one of my bigger ones which I think I have fixed with the change to my UI. Also timing my CDs could be a bit cleaner. Comes to surviving I am pretty good at it I don't get hit by many needless mechanics, smarter use of healthstones would be one I tend to use it right when I take damage so I can try and get as many in a boss fight as possible though then at critical times I don't have it so just need to be more aware of when is a good time to use it I am sure if I had a healthstone on the blade lord boss up maybe I could have saved myself.

Do you have more recent logs from some normal mode pugging or even LFR that demonstrates that you've improved the SS uptime?