Anzabe - Hunter

Anzabe

Name(Armory): Anzabe

Class(Logs): Hunter

Boring Stuff: Done

Greetings and Salutations,

My name is Aaron, I have played my hunter for five of my 25 (or 27 depending on who I am talking to and where I am) years of life, in both casual and semi-hardcore settings and started raiding on more then just a casual level during ICC. Currently I am enrolled in a culinary program at a local community college, but I have a degree in Digital and Technical Writing from Michigan State University and have entertained the notion of becoming a professional potter. Other then that I am a pretty boring person who finds it difficult to self-promote unless I am asked direct questions.

As far as WoW experience goes, I played casually in late BC and most of WotLK until a friend introduced me to raiding in ICC. The guild I was in only manages to kill 11/12H on 25, but at the level I was at, that was enough. Cata came around and the guild downsized to 10 and I found myself without a team, so I went and joined Tempest on Kirin Tor, which later became Valhalla on Wyrmrest Accord and then finally Echo on Thrall. For all of Cata we were a 10 man group that managed to kill 9/13H T11, 6/7H T12, and 7/8H T13 while relevant, although I'm not sure how I would categorize T13 since I cannot recall the percent nerf we downed Spine at and I took a hiatius from the game after that kill. The guild does hold the realm first Nef, Al'Akir, Sinestra, and Ragnaros kills, with Nef being the only kill during the tier (RP servers #1). We then made the choice to move to Thrall for recruitment purposes and enjoyed 12/16H T14 as a 10 until we made the decision to to transition into a 25 guild, where we were able to achieve 1/13H T15. For that transition, I was chosen to be a recruitment officer for the guild and was until this past weekend when out main tank and raid lead left with no notice, thus killing the guild.

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to ask, I will try to respond to them in a timely manner. Please note that I would be unable to raid until Monday, April 6th unless I would be allowed to miss this coming Thursday as I have a previous engagement.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Anzabe

Hi there and thanks for posting the app.

I was curious what was going on with Echo because I noticed several posts all from that guild. Are you keeping in touch / trying to stay together with anyone else from the old team?

I'm assuming you mean Monday, May 6th, correct?

I'm not able to look over your logs right now but wanted to also ask - what is the intersection of cooking, writing and potting?

Also my standard questions: why hunter? Please provide specific examples of ways in which you used your class utility to help your team achieve its current progression.

Cheers.

In so far as raiding on my hunter I am not looking to stay together with anyone in the guild, we do have a weekend alt group that does not conflict with your raid times planned so I will be in touch with quite a few of my old guildies.

Yes, May 6th, sorry. I spent a good portion of my day doing yard work and am a bit tired. I would be available to raid tomorrow and Wednesday, but I would miss Thursday and that's just bad manners in my opinion.

Cooking and ceramics go hand in hand with the pieces I make, mostly dishes, pitchers, serving trays and the like. Writing was just a hobby and when I was asked to declare a major the program I was going through seemed to fit my sensibilities quite well, and while what I have obtained has severed me well I find myself not enjoying what has been offered to me post graduation. Writing has opened some possibilities that were fruitful but not in the way I would have expected, I spent some time in South Korea seeking employment as an English Language Teacher/Tutor, but I found myself mostly visiting the rural villages that are apparently world famous for producing ceramics. The food was pretty good too. If you would like me to elaborate further I would feel more comfortable having a conversation rather then laying my life out on a semi-public forum.

Why hunter? Why not. When I started playing the game I was having issues leveling since I was used to the group oriented play of Final Fantasy XI so a friend recommended that I try out hunter since they were strong levelers and here I am. Most of the utility I offer is add control and strong AoE presence, for example on my attempts on Heroic Tortos we would try bat killing and kiting and in both cases I would Misdirect the bats to the appropriate tank with Barrage then either nuke them down with multishot, explosive trap and ice trap (I use the +20% crit to mobs on the trap glyph) or stun them before a quake stomp with Binding Shot, although it pains me to say I will have this ability taken away from me in 5.3 unless I play Marks. Considering the sizable buff Aspect of the Hawk is getting in 5.3 and the AoE/Cleave centric nature of most Throne encounters (Horridon, Council, Tortos, Ji-Kun, Primordious, and Lei Shen), I would consider hunters to be quite strong with our on demand AoE burst. I would also like to say something about the mobility of the class as I am able to cast and move at the same time, which does proves to be useful on most if not all encounters. I can only hope deterrence remains as an immunity to multiple mechanics as it has saved my repair bill more often then I can count. This is all coming from this current tier, I have limited knowledge on how most 25s utilize hunters considering I have been doing 10s for a better part or two expansions.

Looking at your H Jin logs, you've died prematurely for two weeks in a row. In both cases healers seemed to be doing a pretty poor job. However, this most recent week, you did take a lot of avoidable damage from lightning balls during the storm. Considering the incredible mobility of hunters as you discussed, can you explain why you're having a hard time keeping yourself alive during lightning storms?

On 4/11, the one attempt you did appear to survive, your SS uptime was below 90%. How are you tracking this important debuff and what is the reason for the low uptime on a fight that doesn't offer many excuses to drop a dot?

I asked you to give an example of class utility and you picked misdirects and AOE burst during Tortos.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/p3zwe86cqaf6uf17/analyze/dd/source/?s=8243&e=8556&target=175

What did Nioen do that allowed him to get in so much more damage over the course of that fight?

The first death was me being bad and not dodging as well as I could, the second I had focused lightning right before the lightning storm and had the choice of running out of range to drop it, run it into an existing fissure, or bring the ball through the raid group while lightning storm was going out making the healers job harder which was a previous issue; I chose to run out of range, into the balls, rather then wipe the raid.

I do track the dot, but that week I was playing BM with the T14 four set and i have the bad habit of dumping all my focus during BW and letting SS fall off, which was more common when it lasted 10 seconds, but no matter what it boils down to bad play on my part and it shouldn't have happened.

During http://worldoflogs.c...8556&target=175 you will see Nieon did do more overall damage then I did, three million more to the bats and about five million more to Tortos where I did five and a half million more to Whirl Turtles. He did more damage because he stayed on the boss and AoE'd off it with glyph of No Escape where I chased turtles with the glyph of Ice Trap.

We need to see a screen shot of your UI DURING RAID COMBAT, in both specs please

Explain your thoughts on refreshing SrS during BW.

Your dps seems low for your item level currently, What's your BM opener? Explain your priority for your opener.

What ashin ask was How are you tracking your debuff, as your SS uptimes are low in certain fights, we value people who can play ALL specs of their class. Your spec shouldn't matter in keeping up SS which wouldnt cost anything in bw especially.Do you feel you're capable of performing at this level? If not, why?

How come on Heroic Jin your using deterrence but still getting the debuff of Ionization?

Looking through the logs that you posted in your app, what could you have done better from both a survaibility and damage standpoint?

Edited by Stridur

http://i.imgur.com/t9711W2.jpg BM

http://i.imgur.com/8VwcEBG.jpg SV

I do not have any raid combat screenshots as I did a clean re-install of WoW last week and lost all of my old ones.

I personally don't play BM too often as I find myself to be very inconsistent with the spec and have had issues on some encounters, where I am using Murder, that my pet despawns in the middle of my Bestial Wrath, this being the most recent example. And since I am not as comfortable with the spec as I am with SV, I find myself playing musical buttons and not refreshing or reapplying SrS as often as I should. That being said I am comfortable playing all three specs, but in the past it was more advantageous for me to play SV due to the composition of the 10 man group, leading to my inconsistency with BM.

The opener I would use for BM is:

-2 Cast MD

-1 Prepot

0 Serpent Sting

1 Glaive Toss

2 Arcane Shot

3 Rapid Fire/Stampede/Blood Fury

4 Bestial Wrath

5 Kill Command

6 Dire Beast

7 Murder of Crows

8 Readiness

9 Kill Command

10 Glaive Toss

11 Dire Beast

12 Arcane Shot

13 Arcane Shot

14 Arcane Shot

15 Bestial Wrath

16 Kill Command

17 Serpent Sting

Refreshing Murder during the last second of the second BW and using Rapid Fire and BW off cool down or saving them for longer burn periods on some encounters. I can keep SrS up, I just need to pay more attention to it and I currently hold KC at a higher priority during BW, meaning i mash the keybind more often then I should. I am aware the SrS scales with extra damage afforded by BW, as I said I have massive brain farts while BW is active. Regarding how I track SrS, I use two different timers, a bar on the left and right side of my target since I also noticed my low up times and have been trying to work on them. If I am given a chance, I believe I can rise to the level of play I am expected to be at. Being a part of a guild that has steadily been dying since T12 has has not helped my performance issues that I feel you have seen in my logs.

For heroic Jin'rohk I save all my CDs for the first pool since my guild would use Bloodlust in it, allowing me to deter the first debuff, readiness, and then deter the first lightning storm. Deterrence is not up for the cast of the next Ionization, but it is up for me to disengage out of the waters and and let it fall off without me taking any damage, much like how deter is used to solo soak Lei Shen's Static Shock.

Assuming you mean the Tortos logs, to improve my DPS I would stay on the boss and bats longer and let the stronger DoT classes kill the turtles. As far as survaibility goes, I feel the only encounter I I have issues with is Jin'rohk, and for that I need to pay more attention to the orbs and watch my own positioning, which can be said for any encounter.

http://i.imgur.com/t9711W2.jpg BM

http://i.imgur.com/8VwcEBG.jpg SV

I do not have any raid combat screenshots as I did a clean re-install of WoW last week and lost all of my old ones.

Could've just gone into LFR , UI seems little cluster especially for just being on target dummy.

I personally don't play BM too often as I find myself to be very inconsistent with the spec and have had issues on some encounters, where I am using Murder, that my pet despawns in the middle of my Bestial Wrath, this being the most recent example. And since I am not as comfortable with the spec as I am with SV, I find myself playing musical buttons and not refreshing or reapplying SrS as often as I should. That being said I am comfortable playing all three specs, but in the past it was more advantageous for me to play SV due to the composition of the 10 man group, leading to my inconsistency with BM.

Bm easiest spec to play in terms of rotation than any of the other two specs. In TOT the pet issue I can say was on Durmu at beginning but that was fix I believed as it hasnt despawn in weeks. As dps you should be 100% comfortable playing all 3 specs and know you each spec inside out. Its major role of dual specs.

The opener I would use for BM is:

-2 Cast MD

-1 Prepot

0 Serpent Sting

1 Glaive Toss

2 Arcane Shot

3 Rapid Fire/Stampede/Blood Fury

4 Bestial Wrath

5 Kill Command

6 Dire Beast

7 Murder of Crows

8 Readiness

9 Kill Command

10 Glaive Toss

11 Dire Beast

12 Arcane Shot

13 Arcane Shot

14 Arcane Shot

15 Bestial Wrath

16 Kill Command

17 Serpent Sting

Your opener and priorities are not in right order, and could explain why in your logs your dps is low at times. There are plenty of hunters in top guilds that have theory craft the shot rotation and opener since 5.1 I recommend try to look for some good resources as it will help you as player at your class. You should never not do 100% of your class because of your team but do 100% for your team of what you bring to the table.

Refreshing Murder during the last second of the second BW and using Rapid Fire and BW off cool down or saving them for longer burn periods on some encounters. I can keep SrS up, I just need to pay more attention to it and I currently hold KC at a higher priority during BW, meaning i mash the keybind more often then I should. I am aware the SrS scales with extra damage afforded by BW, as I said I have massive brain farts while BW is active. Regarding how I track SrS, I use two different timers, a bar on the left and right side of my target since I also noticed my low up times and have been trying to work on them. If I am given a chance, I believe I can rise to the level of play I am expected to be at. Being a part of a guild that has steadily been dying since T12 has has not helped my performance issues that I feel you have seen in my logs.

For heroic Jin'rohk I save all my CDs for the first pool since my guild would use Bloodlust in it, allowing me to deter the first debuff, readiness, and then deter the first lightning storm. Deterrence is not up for the cast of the next Ionization, but it is up for me to disengage out of the waters and and let it fall off without me taking any damage, much like how deter is used to solo soak Lei Shen's Static Shock.

Assuming you mean the Tortos logs, to improve my DPS I would stay on the boss and bats longer and let the stronger DoT classes kill the turtles. As far as survaibility goes, I feel the only encounter I I have issues with is Jin'rohk, and for that I need to pay more attention to the orbs and watch my own positioning, which can be said for any encounter.

Edit* since you already found new home just going wish you the best of luck with your new guild happy hunting bud

Edited by Stridur