combat/assassin rogue 520 ilvl

Motonobu

u r right bout SB/AR with t15. thats why i use those as seperate dps CDs i dont stack SB with AR when i have 4 pc. thats just stupid. i can use KS quite frequently depending on the fight. i can pop it bout 3 to 4 times a fight normally. and like i said b4....i only went combat cause there were 3 assassination rogues already. 4 would be retarded to fight for gear against

these logs show where combat is usefull. Ji kun egg duty, and Derumu. of all the logs that i have i usually give my 100% except yesterday and wends of last week

http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=2741&e=3182

http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=1561&e=1975

let me just clear the air right now. im apping for the quality of my playing and hopefully not being scrutinized for being combat. ill play any spec. it just so happens that i went combat cause i was asked to. I know assassination is the right way to go. i like combat atm cause its funner to play than assassination. and id respec/reforge/regem to assassination if i was asked to.

Ji-kun is unreliable via WoL due to being out of range of the person running logs. Typically if you're not in the same nest group, most of your nest damage doesn't show up.

Durumu is specifically one of the fights where Killing Spree can not be used efficiently due to the maze and possible assignments to the different light beams (this was the first encounter that forced me to swap to Assassination). On this one in particular 5/2 Durumu, your first use of Killing Spree was approximately 30s into the fight, AFTER you had used AR/SB. This is quite a substantial misuse of Restless Blades, wasting possible uses of Killing Spree.

More on basic priority/rotation: it took you ~10 seconds to apply the first Slice and Dice. Then you let it drop during Deep Insight (HUGE nono). This is far and away the biggest dps increase ability we have as a Rogue so as close to 100% uptime as possible is what we aim for. Applying SnD ASAP is considered to be the highest priority. Looking further, it seems you applied Revealing Strike while the debuff had quite some time left on it's duration. I also notice that you're not using Tricks aside from the pull. This is a free ~3% increase for whomever you target (that's based on average uptimes I get with tricks). With your level of haste, 15.45 E/s, it's energy neutral to cast and increases your overall raid dps.

thats why i use those as seperate dps CDs i dont stack SB with AR when i have 4 pc. thats just stupid.

Actually, that's not stupid. Using them separately would waste Restless Blades, resulting in overall less uses.

Overall, I think there is room for improvement on the fundamentals of Rogue gameplay and would welcome any rebuttals to what I've said here.

Cheers, Raer

nevertheless. this is me. like it or not. i still concider myself as a top end player. i may not theorycraft like u, but i hold my own in a boss fight. and i do tricks on CD normally. all i can say is...if i can rank top 75 im WoL. i must be doing something right. but thats just me

That isn't the attitude of a top end raider.

http://raidbots.com/...eaver/motonobu/

This chart only compares you to combat rogues. You can see that most of your parses are below average for your spec. On your one heroic fight, you are ranging from the 10th to the 30th percentile. That means that, among combat rogues who have done H Jinrohk in 25m, you're at the bottom, not the top.

Raer took time to study your logs and give you feedback that would help you improve. But you couldn't be bothered. It doesn't matter whether you consider yourself a top end player; you are not playing like one. And you won't start until you learn to be receptive to critique.

Lastly I just have to ask, what is the point of telling us that you tricks on CD when we can see clearly that you don't? Logs don't lie.

Thanks for the application, but we will pass. Good luck in your search.