Daed - 522 Assassination Rogue

daed

/woo

:D

I have been in Ascensio on Malfurion since early 5.1. When MOP came out, a long time WoW friend of mine said his guild was looking for raiders, and at the time I hadn't yet found a new guild to raid with on my old server so I transferred over to Malfurion from Frostwolf and have raided with Ascensio up until present. Before Ascensio I raided with Despair on Frostwolf through all of Cataclysm. At the end of Cataclysm, the guild fizzled out as people lost interest in the game.

Recently the guild had been having attendance issues and the officers ultimately decided to go to 10man and while I was invited to join the 10man group, I much prefer the 25 man raid environment.

I agree with the importance of ensuring an important ability does not miss or get dodged, especially in progression when you're performing an important role, although in the case of kick, it cannot miss or be dodged (couldn't tell if this was a test? xD)

I have had a chance to take a look at your logs (something I do prior to applying to guilds :)) and I believe I will be able to be competitive, even though I lag behind slightly from a gear standpoint.

Weekend works fine for me for the interview. My girlfriend really isn't the jealous type :p Most likely in the evening would work best although I can do afternoon too.

I am available as soon as needed. Yes I go into every fight with an understanding of the mechanics, through both researching and watching videos to get an idea of the mechanics in action. Having raided since back in BC I am used to difficult fights sometimes taking quite a while before finally killing it. Some bosses that come to mind are: H Ragnaros, H Lich King, Sarth 3D, Illidan. Wiping is something that just comes with being in a progression guild, when fights are tuned to be a challenge. Instead of getting frustrated, I look at the positives that come from making the small tweaks that contribute towards getting that little bit closer to a kill.

I have previously performed several roles that utilized the utility a rogue has to offer. I was one of two who did interrupts for Heroic Spirit Kings on Zian the Endless Shadow. On Heroic Elegon, I would use Cloak of Shadows to soak Total Annihilation. On Heroic Will I would use Cloak of Shadows and Elusiveness/Feint to soak Sparks from the Courages. I also used crippling poison and shiv (improved crippling) to slow Courages from reaching our tanks.

On Horridon I can provide both interrupts for adds that cast, also stuns and dismantle to help reduce add damage. Prey on the weak also increases damage to adds that are stunned.

On Tortos I can apply AoE slow on the bats, and provide a misdirect through Tricks to help the tank pick up initial threat. I use smokebomb on the bat tank when they say they do not have a personal cooldown available.

Ji-Kun I use Feint and Cloak of Shadows to soak puddles and evasion to reduce damage taken during Quills and feint during quills when evasion is down.

Smokebomb is useful during many fights where raidwide AoE damage is prevalent where the entire raid or melee group can stack including on fights like: Maeg, Ji Kun, Primordius, Iron Qon and Lei Shen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time in the afternoon would work for me. How about 3:00pm EST?

That's splendid. Your guest access enables you to get our mumble info as well - go to wow, chapter policies, voice server. I'm looking forward to it, and if the interview goes well, I will trial you next week.

Good Afternoon Daed and welcome to the forums. I have several very serious, important, and life changing questions for you.

1. Favorite disney film?

2. Any games outside of WoW?

3. Do you drink, if so, what's your drink of choice?

4. Have you eaten a whale before?

5. You have just found yourself in a room with with three bananas, a compass, and a software copy of Microsoft Excel. How would you use these tools to create world peace?

I think that's all I have for now!

GL! <3!

-Negido

Edited by Negido

1. I couldn't possibly pick 1 out of my deep collection of VHS's in my basement.... so top 3 in no particular order:

a. Lion King (first one)

b. Aladdin (first one)

c. Pinocchio

2. I play currently play League, SC2 and NHL13 on PS3 outside of WoW. I'll still pick up Counterstrike 1.6 every once a while when I feel like headshotting some noobs.

3. If I'm drinking liquor, I'm drinking rum and cokes. If it's beer, I'll drink anything so long as its in the fridge, although I typically buy Rocking Rock or Blue moon depending on what I feel like.

4. Only if it's uncooked, and laid over a bit of rice with some wasabi in between, and soya sauce at the ready.

5. I would use my copy of Excel to slice the bananas evenly in half, giving the menacingly looking Bengal tiger to the north his half(so it will stop looking at me enticingly licking its chops), the irritating constantly chirping squirrel to the south his half (cuz his chirping gave me a headache about an hour and a half ago), my best bud to east his half (cuz you gotta share with your best bud?), and Lebron to the west his half (cuz, cmon, that guy can play ball and also he is 6'8, 250lbs and I imagine, very scary if he came driving at you), half for myself (cuz you gotta eat!), and the last half for that weird crazy looking guy hanging from the ceiling fan over there (although you bet your ass he's gonna have to come down and get it himself, cuz there's no way I'm going up there). And all was well in the world.

Edited by daed