Xaris - 539 Mage

theexiled13

Character Name: Xarîs

Class/Spec: Mage – Fire / Frost – Know arcane & will play for Ra-den

Armory (Advanced): http://us.battle.net.../Xarîs/advanced

Logs: http://worldoflogs.c...vt7se5tk5vpo85/ ; http://www.wow-heroe...rostwolf/xarîs/ ;

Screenshot of UI: http://i.imgur.com/9wtQUCD.jpg

If you have any questions about anything on my UI please let me know and I’ll be definitely happy to explain

Raiding Experience:

Burning Crusade - Kara, Gruul's Lair, Mag, TK, SSC, BT

Wrath of the Lich King
– Naxx 25, Sarth3D, Maly, Uld 25, (TOC Break TOC = bad), ICC after nerf

Cataclysm
– Left for Cata to finish my degree. Didn’t care for this expansion to much

Mists of Pandaria
– T14 H16/16, T15 H8/13

Why App to SoH:

I’m a huge fan of effort from all members in a guild. Quality of attempts from the start of raid to the end of the raid I feel should be focused & attempts should be progressing, not regressing. I feel that your guild definitely has this & from what I’ve heard from theBloom, this guild is a pretty good place to be. I’ve noticed that you’re in need of a mage and feel that I might be a good fit for this if I was right for the guild. I play my class rather well & don’t die to stupid stuff. I’m not afraid to take on responsibility (I took care of the pure light in H Sha & I’m the only person who kicks turtles in our heroic torto’s kills). I’m looking for a guild with what your guild has to offer and hope that I can impress you.

I’m currently looking for a new guild due to excessive absences at Warfare, performance decline, less guild activity & officer activity, and an overall feeling of failure in the guild. We are supposed to be raiding 3 nights a week for 4 hours, but often don’t raid at all some nights, or clear the instance in normal. We’ve skipped heroic Megara since theBloom has left warfare & moved on to SoH even though both of our rogues could use their heroic daggers. There are players in the raid who JUST finished part 1 of the legendary quest line, and often don’t valor cap or better themselves. We also currently lack a solid Raid lead.

A Little More About Me:

I’ll do anything to better myself as a mage. (currently rerolling my enchanting profession into engi for the 2k buff for higher combustions) & will always perform as best as I can. I’ve been playing WoW for a while now & spend most of my time on a computer as I’m a computer networking grad. I’m 1 runestone away from my cloak (next week 544 ilvl LETS GO :D) & generally focus on bettering my DPS in fights. Outside of the game I either work on my Jeep or go bowling. If you have any questions please feel free to ask :p

-Xaris

Bnet: theexiled#1845

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Xaris, welcome to the forums! :)

Have you always played a mage?

What drew you to the class?

What do you think is their biggest weakness at the moment?

What do you think is your biggest weakness with the class?

Do you play any other games besides wow?

- Ev

Hello, so questions:

How old are you?

What do you do for a living? If you're unemployed or hate your current job, what is your dream job?

What is your favorite raid boss that you killed while it was current content?

Least favorite?

Thoughts about this tier and next tier.

Where are you from and where do you want to be in the future?

I had the privilege of raiding with Xaris back in Frostwolf and he is without a doubt one of the most reliable mages I have ever played with. He never hesitates to step up to any challenge with an encounter, as his contributions to the raid team was integral to our progression back then.

Without Xaris, my previous guild wouldn't have earned Cutting Edge: Heroic Sha of Fear, as he was one of the raiders that handled the ball mechanics exceptionally well. Xaris also played key roles on our Heroic Tortos progression kill (turtle kicking) and Heroic Council (baiting the Twisted Fates).

But I believe above all—his skill, reliability and player dynamic—the most admirable part about him is his willingness to give a guildie a hand. May it be something nominal such as crafting a gem to something that takes a bit more time like helping out for a quest or two, Xaris is always someone you can count on.

For Evgeny

Have you always played a mage?

I’ve always played a mage because I love how the class works. People always say “mages are so easy to play blah blah blah.” Which I don’t believe is true. To play a mage well is skill. Using your CD’s right. Not getting caught in the moment and blowing your last PoM pyro tanking your DPS. Blinking instead of scorch running, etc. is what seperates ok/good mages from great mages. Mages have always been a class that I can be extremely competitive with on DPS & has abilities to break mechanics and survivability that can create opportunities that wouldn’t normally arise.

What drew you to the class?

When I started all 3 of my friends played mages. I played on their accounts and leveled mages, played their mage. Etc. I loved PVP as a mage and it kind of got me into the whole raiding as a mage. Since then I’ve leveled about 8 mages. & I currently have two at level 90 & 1 at 80 on my account.

What do you think is their biggest weakness at the moment./ class?

Movement & AoE. High movement where blink can’t suffice as a quick movement strategy can be difficult and can affect our DPS in a big way. AoE we just don’t do well at compared to other classes and we’re better off sticking to the single target mechanic of the fight (i.e. megera. We can blow up their heads. But add duty. Waste of our DPS, time, & effort. Warlocks OP)

Do you play any other games besides wow?

CS:S & CS:GO; Diablo 3; I’m a gamer. I love games. I’ll play anything. However, I don’t play League or SC2 as those aren’t my type of games unfortunately. RPG’s. FPS’s. etc are my time of games. Hands down FF7 is my favorite game of all time. If they ever remade it I’d buy whatever console had it and would play it for hours.

For Araenith

How old are you?

What do you do for a living? If you're unemployed or hate your current job, what is your dream job?

Unemployed, Currently in a 3rd round of interviews for a Sr. Systems Administrator in Boston, MA.

What is your favorite raid boss that you killed while it was current content?

Heroic Sha because our guild actually stepped up.

Least favorite?

Tsulong, however it could have been because our group had 0 knockbacks.

Thoughts about this tier and next tier.

I love this tier, however I wish it were wing based where you could choose which wing you we’re going down. I heard GC mention next tier might be like this which I’m looking forward too.

Where are you from and where do you want to be in the future?

I’m from CT, I want to be in Boston, MA as I’m a complete Boston fan (Yes, I know.). I also have a group of gamers I hang out with up there that I’m prolli gonna live with (100mbps down 25mbps up lets go)

Hi there,

Boston is my old stomping ground - I do miss it sometimes. Do you have any concerns about how your schedule will change once you are working full time?

I glanced only briefly at your logs and they seem quite impressive. I'll wait for Shek (our current mage - we only have one) to give his expert opinion.

I don't mind saying that I have been extremely impressed with Bloom from day one. The glowing recommendation he gives you counts for a lot. However, as I have started spamming to other applicant threads, I don't feel I am in a position to take a new trial immediately, as we are in the middle of our H Lei Shen progression. I would like to take in some trials once we've gotten that kill and enter farm mode for the remainder of the tier. I'm not sure what your timeframe is, but I wanted to convey this to you up front.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this and also know more about your Jeep. I currently have a crappy jetta wagon and I plan to get a wrangler toward the end of this year. I would love your input!

I have no concerns about my work schedule as I’ll be working a normal job & hours prolli 9-5, which is nothing.

I’m looking for a guild ASAP, & I’m willing to stick around as you do heroic Lei Shen Progression & come in if you need me :p. I learn fights quick & I’m not terribad so if you ended up having an absence I might be of some value :p

As a side note, I absolutely love VW’s. I wish I had an R32, but that’s just a side note. I currently own a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee & it’s possibly the best car I’ve owned so far. I love the way it drives & the fact that it can get through anything (I’m used to snow. I just moved back from Rochester, NY to CT). I’d definitely suggest a jeep though, they last forever & I know tons of people who are happy with them.

I'm going to give you guest access so that you can roam around the site some more. Feel free to cruise us or steal our sekret knowledge.

My jetta has not been very reliable, but then again I've taken horrible care of it. So maybe it is my fault.

Some tech's told me that jeep uses crappy spark plugs and I will need to replace them more frequently than other cars? (talking about the wrangler)