Wildstar Intro - Thunderchild/Aerrowyn

CatBait

Who has two thumbs and is super stoked about next weekend??? This girl is for sure! /excited dance

After a few hours of watching videos, researching and playing the demo, I am about as excited for the Wildstar release as I was when Warhammer came out - I just hope it's not a letdown this time (Anyone want to buy my collectors edition? I still have that ginormous box under my bed...) Anyhow, I've always been a gamer. I still remember fighting with my brothers for a turn at Magic Carpet on our first Tandy computer. When I met my future husband, he got me hooked on MMOs. Not wanting to stand out and being one of the few female gamers back in the day, I made the most butt ugly male Tauren and named him Thunderchild. I quickly got an ugly boar to match and I quickly became an expert at jump shots, feigning death (especially if my pet accidentally chained an entire dungeon back to the group) and raided to my heart's content. Oh, the memories....

College and getting a real job, lead to more casual gaming. I've played SWTOR, Borderlands 1 and 2 (oh, I love you, Tina), Civ V, etc. Lately, I've been playing Skyrim, but even though the game is awesome, have grown a bit bored and am excited to play another MMO with my husband, Blackwater, again. I liked being part of a guild and you guys seem pretty awesome and laid back, so I'm excited to play with you all. 

Outside of gaming, I'm a big outdoor type, adrenaline junkie, love to travel, cook and drink wine. I get bored pretty easy, so I like to stay busy. Very outgoing and chatty, especially after a glass of wine. Been horseback riding since I was three, rockclimb, been skydiving a handful of times and always looking for the next adventure. 

Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to seeing you in-game. 

Thunderchild/Aerrowyn (oh, and the name reservation totally bugged out, so I'm not sure if I'll get either of my names...)

Welcome, Thunderchild! (So have to come up with a nickname here ...)

I'm glad you're excited for Wildstar and I'm super-stoked to finally read your intro! Pride and I totally went to bed bummed when we saw you register last night and didn't post :p

Pride got me into MMOs and gaming sooooo long ago that it makes me feel ancient.

I love to cook and I love wine, too. What's your go-to dish at home? What wine do you pair it with? I miss riding horses. I haven't since I was probably 8.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Oh, and I bumped you up to Guest for now and sent you the welcome message. Please make yourself at home!

Welcome !! We have been expecting you. :)

*rolls out red carpet*

I too am very excited, 7 days to go and then it's time to kick some Aurin tail, literally those things are long and annoying. 

Sorry about the name reservation, mine got messed up also because apparently Chrome had issue with it. 

Anyway look around get involved and have fun 

Vanity - We got hooked on homemade pasta when we went to Italy last year, so I really enjoy experimenting with different pasta and sauces, paired with a good Oregon pinot, an Italian sangiovese or a cabernet from Chili - I love red wine, but a good prosecco is another favorite. I also love to make stir fry and use fresh veggies from the garden when I can in the summer. I hate using recipes - it's way more fun tasting and re-inventing. My horse's name is Tango. He's like a giant dog - very sweet. We also have two calico cats. 

Lionheart - I think I'm going to be a Chua medic, but I still wish they had an option for female chuas. 

We built a greenhouse this spring, so I could get a headstart on planting and I got a little overzealous. I planted everything I could think of: tomato, cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, jalapeno, banana pepper, spaggetti acorn and butternut squash, lettuce, spinach, garlic, onion, peas, peach habanero and lime basil (phew!) We put in 5 raised garden beds and I'll keep a few potted to put back in the greenhouse come fall to extend the growing season. We're already getting some small squash and lots of blooms on other things. Happy to give advise - I grew up on a farm, so I've been gardening since I was a kid, but I learn something new every year still.

:O

I've just got a little community plot (8'x4') which everyone is undoubtedly tired of hearing about. I'm just planning on doing tomatoes, basil and zucchini for my first year. Tbh - I don't even know how many plants I can fit in my little space. hehe

If you are planting zucchini I would go with the yellow zucchini you get a lot of bang for your buck and they taste great in spaghetti too or what we did was cut them up with a little olive oil, salt and pepper or if you like things spicy throw in some franks red hot sauce or spicy miso sauce (this was my favorite). 

With that plot you can usually get 1 tomatto for each 1.5x1.5-2x2 zucchini (depending on variety) probably 2x2 and basil you can cram those in there but be carful not to plant those close to zucchini as they can really start to sprawl.