Wildstar Intro:Lokk

Lokk

I am an avid gamer that loves a community enviorment that is thriving. I have a experience with all types of games from FPS to RTS. MMOs of all types I have trieconquered. I maxed level in countless other games the big buget flops, the 1000 pound gorrilla, and the indy and fringe cult hits. I raided seriously only in swtor but im open to being a replacement or back up or whatever for big stuff though im fairly relaxed when it comes to raiding and I similiarly wouldnt like to burn out like all the veterans do. I prefer to sip this game like a fine wine. Simply put, I like to play this game for a long time and enjoy it with people of similair mindsets.

I CANNOT resist the urge to PVE in this game. It is so fun and engaging but PVP is damn addicting so I do both. Now a lvl26 Warrior dps spec with a crit build balanced between severity and hitchance w minor spec into armor pierce plus a PVE build centered around the same principles( appreciate the pointers from vets, I never was much of a min maxer :p but i try) I am in no hurry to rush so I am taking a senic route through this game instead of aiming to max lvl and attune. Ill get there just when I get there... on multiple classes.

I have experience tanking dpsing but never healing. Ive mained casters and close range tanks or melee dps usually.

Previous MMO experince:

Wow: BC pre cata 3 characters, didnt raid, mainly learned at my own pace alone

EVE: Multiple characters brought to pvp and mining optimization
The Secret World: guildless advebnturing and because story was just interesting and setting was unique

GW: Didnt really see much, turned off quickly

SWTOR: From beta to free to play launch. Fairly competive 3 day raiding, no server 1sts but we had heart. Best experience in guild but fell apart due to "faith and dev drama"

FFXIV:RR: Final Fantasy FREAK. Lvled 2 DPS casters M-SMN and BLM. Raiding in pubs and DF is a pain and the guilds I talk to didnt need people so I ended up getting bored without a active community base.

Guild expectaions: Fun, Active; ingame and comms, a open and friendly envoirment that can laugh and relax but get stuff done. PVP and PVE goodness in all shapes, EXPERIENCE CONTENT(pet peve to sit and have nothing to do or stive for) and KILL EXILE SCUMMM!!!!!!

Activity: Daily, Several hours but I cook and have responsiblities to tend to so I afk when I need to. I dabble in everything in game, cleared all content availible to me at 26 and am exploring Whitevale at my leasiure.

About me: 27 in a week. I work and have a home that eats my SOUL!! I am such a nerd its rediculous. I game but this new generations consoles i am not sold on so I mainly PC game. I love comics, collecting, Art, Movies, Music I could go on. I generally consume an average of 2/3 of my day experiencing some kind of media or another. Favorite movies include anything with "Star" in it or anything related to sherlock holmes, my name sake(slightly selfobsorbed, so sue me). SHERLOCK FTW. I eagerly await the new pokemon game and I wish the new avengers movie was out now so I could marathon all the marvel movies, and I mean ALL. Im counting you Xmen, hell even daredevil and the crappy hulks, pre-ruffalo. Rant Ended. If you have questions I am open and quite talkitive :)

Well I hope to see you in game. Live long and prosper

Welcome to the forums, Lokk.

I do believe that official open recruitment is temporarily closed as the WildStar chapter has had a huge influx of new people.  They still have friends-referral open (I think, last time I checked) so did someone currently here send you to us or did you find the recruitment thread through Reddit?

If a friend that is current with our WildStar chapter sent you, then let us know and whenever an officer comes around they can do officer things.

I'm not going to say much else, as I am not really a part of the WildStar chapter, but figured I would chime in just in-case all the officers are currently sleeping and you are wanting a quick reply.

P.S. We do currently have an active FFXIV chapter.  I'm not sure what exactly Fulg is wanting to do for new people but he should be able to chime in if you still play casually.

Welcome Lokk and let me say, thank you for such an excellent introduction.

I have no doubt that you would find SoH a wonderful gaming home and community. With that said, Nyisha is correct. We closed our open recruitment at launch, largely in part to our extremely successful recruitment during pre-launch.

I encourage you to hang around and check back. Pride or Vanity (our Chapter Leads) or one of the Officers (Dar, Tilly, Booker or Fulg) can stop by and provide you with more insight.

Hi there Lokk.

As others have stated, we are not openly recruiting right now. We ended up with about 60 new recruits during pre-launch and it's important to us to take the time to get to know them before we add to the pool. That said, I love your introduction (Thank you for doing a great one!!) and I would be very happy for you to join us once we work though the next couple of weeks. Please add myself and Decimus (Pride) to your in-game friend's list and we'll be happy to check in with you from time to time.

Lokk,

It was great grouping with you the other day! It is so nice to meet nice people who want to group and help out. I really hope you stay interested, and that recruitment opens soon, you seem like a great person to game with.  Even if you can't be in SoH at the moment, I would still love to group up with ya again soon :D

Yes, Its definitly worth a wait time if it gains me access to a place to game and nerd out in comms and game :)

It's been a while I had been part of a community that had a significant architecture and managment and I understand the need for a process and there being an already set roster. I'll see you guys in game and enjoy the journey.