acess

Crevin

Monitor seems like a spy-ish word, and no, there is no reason other then maybe getting a feel of whats going on in there with out being in there. could help on deciding to play or not.

I can understand you wanting to keep access to the boards a limited thing with a pvp type game, but the EQ2 forms are also closed off to me.

Why would you want to restrict access to a defender anywhoo?

SoH is a seperate guild from DoO. We do not qualify as an unofficial chapter because we do not automatically grant membership to anyone, Defender or not. We are very friendly toward Defenders, and have always treated them as extended family. If a Defender is actively playing a game we are playing, we have granted them forum access as a courtesy.

This is not really about security, it is about teamwork. Full members in SoH work hard to achieve that status within the guild; we are very selective. It would belittle that accomplishment if random strangers (from their point of view) were coming and going at all times.

How would you react if one of my real life friends posted an app on the DoO boards, and said they had no intention of joining or playing, but they wanted forum access so they could "troll" and see what DoO was doing in WoW? I am willing to bet that person would not have forum access to DoO. Same thing. No one is trying to be rude, only fair.