Greetings

Guest DigitalMoto

Guest DigitalMoto

Hello to SoH,

I have to ask. Is the name a Slayer reference or something else?

I'm a software consultant in Portland. With my profession, my schedule can bit irratic and my social skills can be very poor at times. Thinking through logic structures while fighting C# code for hours at a time dehumanizes my thought process and makes me unfit for 'normal conversation.' On the other side of the coin, I've got a BA in Anthropology (w/ a minor in Computer Science). I specialized in Asian philospohy.

Jaeded is the significate other. She talks about a 'real' raid. Players that know what their jobs'. Everyone pushing toward the same goal. I have yet to see that in my time in WarHammer. I grew up playing the big World War II board games and D&D with my older sister and her first husband. I understand concepts like holding a line, risks in over-extending, protecting the healers, self-sacrifice for the larger interests of the group, then I kill everything that gets in my way. Maybe that's why I like playing 'Lyttle' a Swordmaster. I reached level 20 last night with a Renown of 15. I play to 'win' (whatever that means). And honestly, I don't know how to win in many of these environments. If a leader stands up, I'll follow. I want my character to grow and evolve as much as the game play allows.

I've never played MMORPG before WarHammer. I played by Diablo, Starcraft, Gears Of War... all the way back to Duke Nuk'em in college.

digitalMoto

How exciting! Your first mmo. I remember my first MMO. I think it was the summer of '01. She smelled all cardboardy and electronic...mmm....oop, enough daydreaming. You found the right group of people to get organized with. The first time you stomp a larger force just because you outplayed their sorry asses, you'll be hooked.