Scheol is worth it

scheol may not have alotta mobs but the exp there is so much more worth it so that is where im spending most of my time any care to join let me know but yea if u compare u get about 30k'sh exp from lvl 110'sh cold mnts chill spiders, and u get bout 50k exp for the beit's and kolaan's equal lvl and they are insanely easy to beat so hey guys give scheol a chance and help kill it with me :D

Ragin,

First, a minor point, you might wanna post things like this under AO Discussions, where most of our AO talk takes place. ;)

Secondly, Scheol is my favorite zone in the game. If you are the type that likes to explore, you will see absolutely amazing game design in Scheol. I think it has some of the most creative worldmaps I have seen in an MMO actually. I really love it. So I definitely encourage all newbies to explore it. If nothing else, when you are 130-140 and have nothing to do one night, go explore it by yourself. I guarantee it will be an adventure that you will enjoy.

Thirdly, Scheol is not for xp really. Its true that those little mobs, like chimeras, are better xp than a chill spider, but very soon you will be able to join Ely heck groups. I HATE these mobs, I think they are really boring, but there is no question that they are the fastest way to level. Scheol might be good to fill in the gap between 85ish and 100, when spiders and tiigs are slow, but otherwise you unfortunately DO want to go to ely beach and grind hecks for the fastest levels.

Fourth, what Scheol is really all about is pocketbosses and tier 1 armor. In this zone you can get any symbiant for any prof that you might want. The key quest for Scheol forces you to learn how to summon a pocketboss, and there is a reason for that. ;) Here you can also plunge into the catacombs and find pieces for your tier 1 armor. Scheol is described by Ergo as a transition from the pretty land of Elysium to the harsher lands that follow. And he is right. Scheol will be your rite of passage, from the lowend game to the highend game. Master the challenges of Scheol, and you will have a good understanding of how things work moving forward.

If you look in our AO Exchange forum, you will see a link to a website with pocketboss info. Or, you can use the !symb and !pb commands with Judycom. Make a wishlist. Everyone should do this. For instance, if you want a control unit brain, you are looking for the Thunderous Chimera. Etc.

Build your blueprints and we will teach you how to do the rest.

I farmed Scheol for a few hours a night for one week. When I was done, I saved myself about 40m in symbiants. I also gave away about 50m worth of symbiants to orgmates. And I STILL had enough doubles leftover to make another 40-50m in profit for myself.

Pocketbosses are a great alternative to traditional camping, because you are never just sitting there doing nothing. You are always moving around, hunting for pieces, and they become a bit like baseball cards. Sometimes you will even trade them with strangers for your mutual benefit, so always be diplomatic at these camps. =)

I am hoping the lowbie crew will discover pocketbosses / symbiants soon, and it looks like Ragin is hitting the tip of the iceberg.

P.S. Some people prefer to wait until all mobs are grey before farming for pocketboss patterns. That way they can just kill the boss. I completely disagree with this method. The fact is that the little guys all drop patterns too. If I have a choice between killing a grey mob once per 20 minutes, or xping off a camp of yellows or greens at a constant pace, I know which one I will choose. I say farm for the patterns while the mobs are all green to orange. More fun, faster results, and you get xp in the process.