Hello from me! :D

Laurinel

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that my account got hacked this morning at about 4am ET. I've already sent an email to support (twice) to get the account recovery going. I apologize in advance for not saying HI to anyone in-game and for any actions my imposter performs while he has access to my account. Hopefully I will get to say HI in-game soon!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that my account got hacked this morning at about 4am ET. I've already sent an email to support (twice) to get the account recovery going. I apologize in advance for not saying HI to anyone in-game and for any actions my imposter performs while he has access to my account. Hopefully I will get to say HI in-game soon!

I'm so sorry to hear that Laurinel. We have had this happen to three of our members, and it was very stressful and frustrating for all of us each time.

My recommendation is that you contact NCsoft by phone ASAP (during their absurdly limited business hours haha). This seems to be the very fastest way to regain control of your account. Standard procedure is for them to reset the password and allow you to regain control of your master acct and login.

Additionally, please be sure you have scanned your computer for virus and malware prior to using the new password.

Typically when these hacks are performed, the hacker has access to your primary e-mail account, which is how they are able to intercept the password change message. So you may want to change that too (this seems to be associated with buying kinah and giving the seller your e-mail, tho, so maybe that does not apply in your case).

The part that will take a long time is getting your stuff restored. They have to do it by hand and you need to handle that via their web-based support tickets. It may take a week or so. But you should be able to at least regain control of your account within the hour if you push them.

Good luck.

Well, my account access is now restored but they did a number on Laurinel's gear from what I saw on the aion website. Gonna start going through the ticket process to get everything back.

I'm actually not sure how my account got hacked, my email is what actually made me aware that my account got hacked. I received an email from NCSoft at 4am but didn't get it until i woke up around 8, tried to log in and thats when it was confirmed. I ran a virus scan, ad-aware scan, and spy hunter scan and nothing came back on neither my PC nor my laptop, so I am completely puzzled as to how they hacked me. I don't log into Aionsource or any third party sites, so this is bugging me pretty bad and to play it safe I am going through all my password protected accounts and changing the passwords.

One of my legionmates was able to trace the IP that changed the password to somewhere in Germany, probably what Sisley wasn't getting a response from my character :p.

Thats really a shame, sorry to hear about your hassle. My current recipe for trying to defend against hacks includes:

Mozilla Firefox

--NoScript add-on

--AdBlock Plus Add-on

--Flashblock Add-on

Malwarebytes' Anti-malware

Microsoft Security Essentials (supposedly detects the Aion.dll hack or whatever)

Avast! free antivirus

I also have the luxury of having 2 computers, so I do as little surfing or email as possible from the gaming machine.

These are good, free steps to take for internet security in general, and those security programs dont bog down my machine at all, I highly recommend them.