Hola :)

Hello. As I was loafing around the hill swapping some stuff to my mule I was approached by a mysterious stranger asking a WHOLE lot of questions....like why I wasnt in an org, and if I was a fr00b. When I explained that I had been playing solo for about 8 months, and no that funcom liked to take my money because I like shadowgear we fell into a long discussion.

The end result of this conversation was "would I like to be in an org". I've never had an org in ao, mostly due to bad experiences in another mmorpg. I've gamed since the days of the trs-80, so I do understand the benefits of belonging to a guild. But with ao I just had a wonderful time figuring everything out on my own. No power leveling or having gear bought or looted for my by guildies. Asking stupid questions and getting alot of help from some very nice people (and endless hours reaserching the forums and checking literally hundreds of sites and guides).

I'm relatively lower level as I have split my time between my mp (115), raising him to tradeskill, and my ma (104 as of this writing, but he'll be 106 by the time this is prolly read).

Droppedonhead then directed me to talk to Chilled. We had another relatively long conversation where he explained that due to my lvl my capacity in the guild would be somewhat limited, but that he wouldnt want to turn away a good person just because the toons were too small.

I'm a relative n00b, but not a froob, and I try to learn as much as possible to develop my chars effectively. The lil toons wont be little for so long.

I was very impressed with both conversations I had this evening, and hopefully I will have the opportunity to enjoy more in the future.

Cheers :)

BoozedupInCanadaSomewhere

Personally, being in a guild isn't about the material things. It provides, a community and a family to experience and learn the game with. I've actually been quite lucky in the past in finding guilds, clans and orgs that have gone above and beyond what a normal guild is, and SoH seems like no exception. Although I've only recently joined the Org as well, I feel confident in saying this is only going to make your AO experience better.

lol being in a guild is absolutely not about material things to me. I was lucky enough to be born in the home of an electronics geek. From the time the very first home pc was introduced Dad bought one, and I had my nose right in there. I've had the oportunity to try several games and have always belonged to some guild or another in any game I've ever played. But the sheer complexity of ao, and the ease of finding a group kind of made up for not being in a guild. I've made permanant friends regardless. I are a social critter and havent "lacked" in any way. But now I feel it's about time to take up some roots and belong once again to a smaller community within a larger one.