First Meeting, Aion, Gladiatior Atrael, 38

Atrael

Hello SoH!

I first want to say that I have only spoken to one member of SoH and my experience with your legion is limited to what I have gathered through the forums, but I have been very impressed with the level of professionalism and detail in the posts about who SoH is and what you're looking for. To begin, I am currently outside the realm of what SoH wants, as I am a level 38 gladiator and further, I haven't grouped with anyone from SoH or made it to end game. Even still, I thought it would be helpful to get to know a group of players as coordinated as SoH appears to be, and see where it goes. So enough about how I got here and why, let me tell you about me.

From an Aion perspective, I first played in the pre-release as an Elyos assassin. I joined a legion called Dawn of Eternity and became an officer after two weeks. We had a functioning and active website, and were in the "power level" phase of legion growth. I'm not sure when the switch flipped but I was level 42 ( and we had several 44-47 players), and almost overnight we all became fed up with Aion. We were doing Steel Rake, and we were all among the highest level players on Ariel (very active, very concentrated leveling). Personally, I think I realized how much time I had spent trying to power level and was essentially, from an xp standpoint, only halfway to 50. Real life took over, but after awhile I started to miss Aion again, and I heard about all the updates and changes and finally got back into the game (this time my fiance started playing as well). I decided to roll asmo, and play as a sorc. When I hit 30, I realized I didn't go for daeva armor last time, but with 2.0 out I could level 4 toons to 30 faster than ever before. I made a chanter, SM, gladiator and another assassin as my alts. Rotating Haramel and NTC, I quickly (obo a month) brought my other characters to speed. It was an incredibly valuable exercise seeing the different classes, learning the roles, and understanding the mechanics. While there were things I liked about each class, I realized how much fun I was having as my gladiator, and flip flopped over which class to take to 55, gladiator or sorcerer. I posted on the forums, talked to friends etc. but ultimately had to resort to a psychological parlor trick. I told myself heads I would be sorc, and tails I would be gladiator. I flipped and got heads, I was disappointed, and I knew I should be a glad. I moved my daeva armor over, filled up with crit 13, enchanted to +5 and was on my way to FT for my kro spear, which only took 21 runs to get. In the process, I joined a casual, laid back legion called the Black Wing Coalition. My girlfriend joined shortly thereafter, and it's been an interesting community to chat with as we all do our separate things. I've made friends, but I fully intend to leave the legion shortly, after I feel like I've made as much contribution to the team as I can. Ultimately the fit isn't right for me. My priorities are to reach 55, possibly go for fenris, Master AS, and pvp like there is no tomorrow. Black Wing doesn't share those priorities, which is perfectly fine for them. I expect my girlfriend will remain in Black Wing as she enjoys a much more leisurely approach than I do. That's about it for Aion, now my personal bio!

I am 22 years old, and freshly graduated from Wake Forest University's Calloway School of Business (now renamed to the Schools of Business), with a BS in Finance. I live in Boston, MA, but I'm from Knoxville, TN. I work in a regional Real Estate firm that has a sister company trading in CMBS. My job functions range between securities analysis, spreadsheet applications, making presentations with potential clients/investors and other functions. It's a great job and I have the opportunity to come in early and leave by 5, giving my time to come home and enjoy playing Aion, watching movies or w/e.

SoH: I want to be a part of your community, it sounds fun, dynamic and challenging. I fully expect to be told to wait until I am level 50 (or at least closer to 50) and that a couple of runs of X instance would be warranted before any decision can be made. I can tell you that while I feel like I'm a pro at all content under 40, I have never seen anything above level 42, and would require some coaching. I do research instances online so that I don't walk into hard areas blind, and I learn quickly from experienced players I group with. If I have the opportunity to join SoH, I would want to contribute to Fort Seiges, Rifting (when it is fixed, which after the survey I expect it will be), Balaurea and End game instances. I'm not sure what your policies are on gearing (I noticed in the status for SoH that that is the focus right now) but if you pool bloods for HHoM I would be perfectly willing to contribute and take my place at the back of the line for when it's my turn to get help on the quest. Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing back from the community!

Welcome to the forums Atrael. I appreciate your interest and love the intro, but Orian is correct in that we currently don't have anyone in your level range. I'm going to move your access on the forums to "Friend" so you can take a look around and stay in touch as you continue to level and we can revisit bringing you on board as a recruit as you close in on 50. :)

Great feedback! I look forward to browsing the forums and seeing what everyone is up to and the different personalities that make up SoH. I'll update at key points in my progression, and maybe when I reach 48 there will be someone that can talk me through dredgion runs (I believe the minimum level is 46, but I suspect unless my kinah/gear situation improves I would be hurting the groups chances, feel free to correct me though :)). Thanks for inviting me as a friend of the forums!

Had a great conversation in Teamspeak with Huntyre, just confirmed what I expected! Cool people and a cool legion, looking forward to staying involved. BTW, talking to him was good luck, because I was randomly walking around Beluslan and after the convo had the pleasure of finding a incoming rift with elyos coming through, 2500 AP. yes please :D

• 2 weeks later...