Character Names

Atrael

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Ori!!

now i'm wishing that i hadnt put so much thought into my char names :) I'll list mine oldest to newest:

Renyanli -- I played around with letters till i liked what came out for EverQuest

Ahlara -- I played with letters again till i liked the result--this time for Dungeons&Dragons Online

Cerahmela -- came from a Tollkein-esque elvish name generator where u put in a name and it "translates" it to elvish

Cerah --came from Cerahmela lol

Tutera -- one of the shows i watch on TV is about a wedding planner named David Tutera. He's REALLY good!! lol

Chamryn -- named for my son (Cameron) :D

Karmyn -- named for my daughter (Carmen) :D

There have been others but i dont remember them atm lol :)

current pet names:

Natora -- this is my silver blade rotan --- flipped rotan backwards and added an a LOL

SnakeBait -- it looked like a rabbit....to me rabbits are only good for feeding snakes ;)

Sioned -- named for the main character in one of my favorite series of books (the DragonStar, DragonPrince, etc series by Melanie Rawn)

Donkey -- fav character from shrek (and it's a donkey lol)

Schmoozie -- cuz i was tired lol ;)

Edited by Pfhoenixx

• 1 month later...

I'm the most unoriginal character namer you can find, currently my only Aion character is Ralyks which is my name Skylar backwords, pernounced Ral-iks. My world of warcraft characters are basicly all named after the Anime characters that inspired them. I also made matching sound affect addons for my characters with anime names, for instance I made an addon for my Mage Kakorot that added DBZ sound affects to his spells and cooldowns,A Bleach sound affect addon with Ichigo's bankai and getsuga for my warrior Kurosaki,my warlock is named Osbourne(no alt codes!! cant believe it wasnt taken). My DK was named Jisatsu (japanese for suicide) because my hunter,my main, is named Suicide,not the greatest choice of name for my hunter.....mainly because I inhearited the nickname "su" or "sui" and never lived it down. The only name that has an actual story to it is my RL name, Skylar. I was named after Vince Neil's(Singer/Frontman for the band Motley Crue,personaly my favorite band) daughter. I almost named my Aion character Kurotenshi (Dark Angel in japanese) since it wasnt taken,but Ralyks had a nice feel to it(first time using that character name!).

No im not japanese,yes I am an otaku

Mine pretty much all have Japanese backgrounds as well

Amatsu- Amatsu Mikaboshi, God of evil and the stars

Takeo (39 Temp)- Basically means warrior

Marusaki (36 Ranger)- Named after my dog Maru, who is named after Renji's zanpakuto the Zabimaru

Murushierago (30 chanter)- Means big winged demon in spanish but is also Ulquiorra's zanpakuto

Apeiron (30 Sorc)- Taken from .hack in the Epitaph of Twiligh poem which the whole game "The World" is centered around he is the god of light, and also in greek means unlimited. (Favorite anime/game series to date and the reason I began playing an MMO to begin with)

Amatsu is my main and also the one i spent the most time choosing a name for, also which I obviously have more ties to. The others I just tried to find names that are tied to our faction and their classes in some ways. Not to mention he was a bad ass in Japanese mythology.

(also an otaku)

Edited by Amatsu