Fun with Excel and the Master Carved Set

Atrael

So I thought I would dive into how much it would take to craft an entire set of the Master Carved Drenium set (including the helm) for a plate wearer such as myself. I assumed a 20% proc rate, and that 5 of each item would be crafted going for the proc. Ideally, you would get lucky and have it proc sooner reducing the overall need to harvest materials. Please note, this does NOT include the acids and charcoal needed to convert this stuff into the "intermediate" products. This is your BoM:

17 Master Carved RED Fragments 17 Master Carved BLUE Fragments 17 Master Carved WHITE Fragments 17 Master Carved GREEN Fragments 65 Master Special Armor Flux 20 Master Special Accesory Flux 110 Brilliant Magical Aether 60 Brilliant Drenite Ore

62040 Drenite Ore

Wow.... get started!

For the drenite ore alone, assuming a 7 second gather speed, and gathering for four hours a day, it would take just over 30 days to gather all of the drentie. Granted, the blue/green drenite you gather you can break into smaller pieces. That's a nice gesture right!

Darn, just found out aionarmory didn't include the blue heliotrope crystals, but those go into the master carved armor. I know you can only craft one a day, but given that the fluxes are what will likely hold you back, it's kinda a moot point, I don't see this being a quick deal...

You craft them, and you are only allowed to craft one per day. :( The recipe is from a vendor in gelk.

"Where is this Shugo !!!"

I'm trying to find the Weapon Smithing recipes for the green/blue/gold steps ... They are not dropping. Maybe this vendor has 'em, I assume he is a Shugo ... I have heard of such a Shugo ... But have yet to see him.

Being expert in two crafts, it really frustrates me that I can master only one. Enough QQ though,

Something to consider when crunching the numbers. I have probably on average a bit less on 1/5 proc ratio on armor fab, but probably closer to 2/5 or 1/3 ratio on weapons requiring expert skill lvl. I am kind of under the assumption that proccing armor is a bit tougher then weapons do to the nature of needing double proc's for weapons and only single proc's for armor. Though this is just speculations from my experiance. Though if it was true and the fact is master weapons require three proc's, armor proc's may be even less common then 1/5 ratio when it comes to master lvl.

Food for thought,

Xoric