Perm 85 Destro lock

Perm

Hey there, I just found your guys recruitment thread on the WoW boards and thought I should stop by and say howdy :D

I'm currently an 85 lock who's been raiding off and on since Vanilla. While never being "hardcore" I do enjoy seeing as much of the content as possible. I'm on Dunemaul but I'm willing to transfer if an immediate position is available.

I didn't see a pre-made application to submit so I assume you guys probably do a semi-formal interview on here? A few things I should note I guess, I am raid hit capped with a main spec of Destro with a Demo off spec (for the pvp), I'm available for all the listed raid times and am more than willing to provide my own flasks/food. I keep all my gear gemmed and enchanted appropriately.

If you look me up on armory you might wind up seeing my heroic set with very low hit, I run different pieces for heroics so I can squeeze out more dps since only 6% is needed :)

I'm wondering though what kind of group comp. would I be running in, and if I'm in group 2 (which I assume is probably the case), are the runs actually happening or are you recruiting because it's getting left behind? I ask this because the guild I'm currently in is a great group of people who I enjoy, but with not enough showing up for 25's or group 2.......I haven't been able to do any cata raiding yet :(

Hello and thank you for your application. Let me try to answer some of your questions.

1. We don't use a pre-made application because I believe I learn more about an applicant this way. Anybody can fill in a box with a nice-sounding answer. But by asking you to post a freestyle introduction, I get some insight into your priorities, judgement, personality and style.

2. As far as team two, generally, the reason it is not yet launched is simply due to not having enough raiders. We had two teams run in tandem during Wrath, but we lost several raiders during Cata. Most due to IRL, with a ragequit or two sprinkled in. So we have been rebuilding, and during the interim period I have been rotating through our roster (currently 18 raiders) to make sure everyone is getting kills and more importantly gaining experience. When the second team launches, it will be balanced, will contain experienced raiders just like the first team, and so on. So it is not "second" in the sense of second-best.

Maybe its easier to say that we will split team one into team two and team three. :)

3. Regrettably, I cannot offer you an immediate spot at this time. What I need to make this transition happen is a tank and a melee DPS. While there is room on the roster for a Warlock, this would not initially be a core raiding spot. So I would not want you to pay for an xfer and not get what you were expecting.

The best I can do for now is suggest that you keep in touch - recruitment opportunities are always changing.

Thanks again for your post!

• 2 weeks later...