Zakanti - Resto Shaman

zakanti1

Character: Zakanti

Realm : Stonemaul

Spec: Restoration / Elemental

Armory: http://us.battle.net...akanti/advanced

WoL: http://worldoflogs.c...wqoenki6tcqnnl/

UI Screenshot: http://i1228.photobu...zpseb99c697.jpg

Reasons for leaving current guild: It is currently falling apart and I have wanted more progression for quite a while

Reasons for Joining: This guild has good progression and a very good community.

Raid Experience: Currently 4/16 H 25m. Started raiding in T11, went 7/13 H 25m. During T12 I started my own guild on Dunemaul Called anomalous and raid leaded til we went 5/7 H 10m and fell apart, I joined resurgence and was able to clear 7/7H 25m. During T13 I took a break and only went 1/8H 25m.

What I can offer: I am constantly trying to improve myself each second I'm in a raid, and I always try my best

Personal Information: My name is Jonathan and I'm currently attending college with a specialization in Economics, and I love drumming.

Additional Comments: My current gear is reforged and gemmed for elemental, and if I were to get accepted it would change to spirit > haste to the break-point > Mastery.

~Thank you very much for raiding

Edited by zakanti1

Hi Zakanti,

Thanks for the app. Can you clarify whether your T11 and T12 experience was primarily as resto or ele? Were you playing WoW pre-cata, and if so what were you doing back then?

Any concerns about maintaining a fixed raiding schedule while balancing your coursework? Will you need time off from raids during exams or when papers are due?

Will let my healers have a look over your logs and provide feedback.

To Negido

I am not that big of a "music" drummer haha, I enjoy drumline stuff for the snare specifically. But I did drum in a band for a while and we played classic rock music. I'm currently 20, and my favorite movie is V for Vendetta. School or work would never interfere.

To Ashin

I was resto at the start of tier 11 for around the first 4 normal bosses, but quickly changed to elemental when I switched to a guild that needed one. I didn't really raid which is why I didn't mention it, I'm sorry for not clarifying. I've been playing since like 6 months into release but I did not raid at all until the end of wotlk on my dk and even then it was very casually with pugs. No classes/school will not be a problem, even with final exams since they take place the same times as the regular classes do, and papers won't interfere as well.

Thank you

Hi Zakanti! I also like shammies. ^^

Got a few questions for you:

Which haste breakpoint would you go for if you were to regem/reforge? You mentioned that you would go for mastery after spirit and haste - what are your thoughts on crit?

I don't see Stone Bulwark and/or Astral Shift keybound in your screenshot. Your elemental totems are also unbound - thoughts? I see mana and int pots; do you use Potions of Focus?

You're currently running glyphed RT. On which fights do you find it useful and why? You have LB pretty prominently keybound - on which fights do you run TC? Can you briefly go over for which fights you would respec/reglyph in general?

Looking at your logs, have you tried speccing Ancestral Guidance instead of HTT on Tsulong? Your TW uptime seems low overall. You didn't use Spirit Link Totem or Ascendance; I know it's LFR and there's not much to do, but where would you put them in if you were raiding?

Thanks, and good luck with your app!

To Midri

Which haste breakpoint would you go for if you were to regem/reforge? I'd go for the lowest breakpoint currently to get the extra tick off htt and hst. You mentioned that you would go for mastery after spirit and haste - what are your thoughts on crit? Crit Comes after mastery, around 55%

I don't see Stone Bulwark and/or Astral Shift keybound in your screenshot. It is bound on an invisible bar to the left on "e"

Your elemental totems are also unbound - thoughts? They are also on the outside since they are a long cool down, same with bloodlust.

I see mana and int pots; do you use Potions of Focus? I haven't so far however I would if I were healing in a raid.

You're currently running glyphed RT. On which fights do you find it useful and why? Tsulong would be one of them, but fights where I hardly heal the tank and where there is sustained raid damage.

You have LB pretty prominently keybound - on which fights do you run TC? Shek, feng any fight where there is some down time and something to hit.

Can you briefly go over for which fights you would respec/reglyph in general? I would respec bulwark to astral on feng, I sometimes go EotE on tsulong, earthgrab on emperor, might go EM on shek, garalon, and blade lord. That's not all but I understand to look over the needs of the group along with what I can personally use.

Looking at your logs, have you tried speccing Ancestral Guidance instead of HTT on Tsulong? I have not tried it since they pulled pretty quickly, but I know for a fact ancestral Guidance is better on Tsulong.

Your TW uptime seems low overall. It was low since I was not able to get the mana return I wanted with my gear not reforged or gemmed properly, but none-the-less it couldve been higher.

You didn't use Spirit Link Totem or Ascendance; I know it's LFR and there's not much to do, but where would you put them in if you were raiding? One spot for spirit link would be on feng during arcane velocity when a barrier is down, one for both would be on the last 25% of Gara'jal. Whenever a majority of the group is stacked up pretty much.

~Thank you

Edited by zakanti1