Gredge - Fury Warrior

Gredge

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking with Uther and he brought up a good some questions. If I was to play my DK is that fulltime or could I switch back to the warrior at a later date? If I got some tank gear would you guys need a Warrior Tank? I was prot even when I leveled. The skill isn't as good but im sure it's like riding a bike. And I run heroics as prot all the time, just don't have the timing/movement down for raiding. Just a couple ideas/questions.

I mean after talking with you guys a little bit in chat and seeing how you interact with people applying to the guild it seems like just a great fit here. I don't want to jump the gun but I am willing to play the DK for a period of time just not permanately.

I'm glad you enjoy our vibe!

Your questions depend a lot on context, but I'll try to answer them.

Typically if a spot opens on the team and an existing raider would like to fill it, that's fine with me as long as we can replace their old spot too. I loosely obey seniority if I get multiple requests, but that doesn't happen often. That said, we are running a bit melee heavy and I'm likely to try to fill melee vacancies either with ranged or with a utility class that we don't have, such as ret. So your role as a DK certainly wouldn't be permanent, but realistically you'd need to be comfy that it might be a long term gig - certainly at least a full content tier.

We are looking at tanks and we would consider a prot warrior. In that case we are super fussy and will need to see logs of your raid tanking - gear is not important for this exercise. But 25m heroic is by far the most demanding content for a tank in terms of proper situational awareness and cooldown usesage, because the incoming damage is the biggest in the game. So, experience with tanking dungeons would not be applicable to this role. Have you tanked progression content before?

@Ashin Yes i have tanked Progression before. I tanked along side Uther that applied as well. I tanked all of TBC and Wotlk including H LK. It was never a tank issue but more of a healing issue and shadow traps/dying to spirits in shadowmourne. Cata I did tank a little bit for progression when I tank wasn't there. That does include H Madness for the Kill. I haven't really FOCUSED on tanking at the moment. I would have to really read up on it and see where it is that I need to use CD's, but I can get some logs through LFR and treat it as "real" raiding if I was in the guild. I haven't tanked progression this tier but I will talk with Xav and a few others and see where I need to start working on and CD timing. I know the basics but I definitely need to look more into it. I think right now I would like to wait to see if a spot opens up, but I will defintely be reading up in case we have to come down to talking tanks.

@Negido, I would appreciate that. Not much of an IT guy here. Accounting/Business major, lol.

@ Kanta Lol, na. I was at work so I think I was just going afk and missed a few things. And when I write like "wtf" and "o.o" it's more of just like this dudes crazy. lol. Not freaked out yet. You'll have to try harder.

Edited by Gredge

Yeah Uther and I have been raiding together since T4.

I miss the old SBV and Def to unhitable! lol. Was working on that for Heroic Anub (alt run) for a while. Miss those days. Tanking seems easy now from back then. That's why I stopped actually. Give anyone mastery and they could tank. lol.

And I call everyone dude. My boss get's annoyed that I call her that, lol. I don't know why Iol