WoW app - Trillyonin Prot Paladin

Trillyonin

Welcome Trill, thanks for posting an app.

I see you're gearing for haste. I really enjoy the haste route personally, and have found it to be a significant boost in dps/tps while maintaining survivability. I am curious however why you stopped at expertise softcap? If you're using Theck's research as the basis for going haste, it was shown that hardcapping exepertise was an EH benefit.

In that vein, where do you get your information on gameplay/gearing/encounters/etc.?

I see you've spec'd holy prisim. Interesting choice, particularly for raiding. Why holy prism over hammer/execute? How are you using that spell? Particularly since you've stacked haste the open GCDs shrink, what's your "priority" list on spell usage?

Your sacred shield uptime is all over the place? Looking at your UI I notice a giant bar under your character tracking this important buff, how do you explain uptimes like; 6939% on bladelord, 22.7% on Vizier, 58.3% on Stone Guards, etc? I see a 90.% on Elegon which is more in line with the ~100% uptime you could be maintaining.

What are some common glyph and talent swaps you are making throughout the course of a raid night? How do you make the decision to make a swap?

I see you were hit by 11 sonic rings on your latest Vizier kill, thats concerning for a normal mode kill as 11 on HM will result in a dead tank.

I look forward to your responses.

thanks,

Hip

I have been thinking lately about going for the full exp cap because of that. I get my information from a mix of elitest jerks, noxx, and sacred, and also I pay attention to all of the other pallies I see and base my build on what they are doing for their sets.

I spec'd into Holy Prism because it is amazingly useful on 10man when you have less adds and people so in that environment I get a better dps and healing outcome from that rather than using the hammer. In a 25man environment I can see how that hammer would do more healing/damage in general but the differences from 10/25 raid wise pushed me towards prism. The gcd gap from haste stacking is generally not a problem for the 20second cooldown, I won't fit it into my rotation while running my Holy Avenger because well, you don't have a whole lot of time to while hero is up and you are trying to get that holy power as quick as possible to keep you SotR buff up for a longer duration. The gap is actually there in a rotation where you can fit it in though on the cooldown. It takes priority at times based off the hp of the group around you and other reasons that are mostly situational.

My priority would go as follows Judgement>CS>SotR>Avengers Shield>Consencration>Holy Wrath>Holy Prism

This of course flows throughout the fight and sometimes other moves will come before their time.

I actually just got that ui set up this week because of that reason. I didn't have it Tuesday when we raided and I noticed that I was getting horrible and keeping that up. The addon has helped me a ton since I've started to use it so that shouldn't really be a problem. Playing on a 40' screen it isn't the easiest thing to look up to your right all the time to check a buff in the midst of lots of other buffs on you while in a fight so I think that's where I started to slack on that, hense why I redid my UI.

The glyphs that I typically swap throughout the night are as follows

HoF-

Viz- Divine protection glyph(20% dmg reduction from phys/mag) & focused shield because there aren't more than one add together at once.

Blade Lord- I'll keep the same glyphs from Viz for this because they both still apply

Garalon- Same ones

Wind Lord- I'll take off focused shield for this one and replace it with the 1% hp per sec while avenging wrath is up, either that or consencration for the added utility on my placements.

Amber Shaper- Ill keep the same setup as I did for Wind Lord

Shek- Same wind lord setup

MSV-

Stone Guards- Divine Protection/Avenging Wrath/Alabaster Shield

Feng- Same, though I may take out the divine prot glyph because of the damage from lightning lash and the debuffs

Gara- Divine Prot/Focused Shield/Alabaster Shield

Four Kings- Divine Prot/Avenging Wrath/Alabaster Shield

Elegon- Same as four kings

Will- Divine Prot/Focused Shield/Alabaster Shield

ToeS-

Prot- Divine Prot/Avenging Wrath/Alabaster Shield

Tsulong- Same as Prot

Lei Shi- Focused Shield/Avenging Wrath/Alabaster Shield

Sha- Focused Shield/Divine Prot/Alabaster Shield

Talens I use in raid

BASE SETUP

Speed of Light

Fist of Justice

Sacred Shield

Clemency

Holy Avenger

Holy Prism

I rarely change these around in raids, the only time I really change them is on H Will where I spec Pursuit of Justice over speed for the swings, the constant speed increase makes it a lot easier then running out of a speed increase 1/2 way through his swings.

When we were on Viz I was purely practicing, I hadn't actually done the fight yet so the first few pulls were pretty sketchy trying to figure out what I do and when, by the 3rd pull it wasn't an issue and I didn't get hit and we actually sat on his platform for a little while just letting the people who hadn't seen the fight that much practice it for this week i'm assuming. The problem isn't there right now.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Trill,

Thanks for putting up the app. I want to drill down more on this sacred shield thing, because it has been so essential to prot pally gameplay this tier. We're entering week 19 of raiding - why is it that just recently you decided to set up an addon to track this?

Could you also link a more recent log to demonstrate that you've mastered the Vizier dance as you say?

As I mentioned to you in game, our preference for this slot is a prot warrior, so the bar for us to accept a prot paladin is extremely high. Erratic uptimes on SS if definitely troubling, which is why Hip zeroed in on it so quickly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hey Trill,

Thanks for putting up the app. I want to drill down more on this sacred shield thing, because it has been so essential to prot pally gameplay this tier. We're entering week 19 of raiding - why is it that just recently you decided to set up an addon to track this?

Could you also link a more recent log to demonstrate that you've mastered the Vizier dance as you say?

As I mentioned to you in game, our preference for this slot is a prot warrior, so the bar for us to accept a prot paladin is extremely high. Erratic uptimes on SS if definitely troubling, which is why Hip zeroed in on it so quickly.

Looking forward to your reply.

I decided to set up the addon this week because I haven't really had a huge problem with it lately until recently. I usually have a near 100% uptime on it and for some reason I've started to slack on it, possibly due to the fact that I started stacking haste and I'm paying more attention to the rotation that the buffs I should be keeping. I do understand its importance which is why I'm starting to put a lot of time into making sure that there is no way that I can have it go out without knowing.

I will do my best to get you a log to show that I have mastered it this week, if we raid this week that is. If not I can do an LFR log i suppose but thats partially irrelivent to heroic. If we don't raid then you may just have to trust my word when I say I mastered it in the time that we took to practice the rings.

Hello Trillyonin welcome to the forums,

From looking at your wow progress page I saw that you been in a few number of guilds in the past handful of months could you elaborate what happen in each guild.

The guild resonate was an absolutely great guild but sadly i had some irl problems get in the way and it forced me to take time off as i had to move, which is now completely fixed might add. They had to replace me for obvious reasons such as I couldn't attend raids at the time.

The guild on arygos feel apart the week i got there because people didn't sore got raids and now this guild is having the exact same issues.

If the guild I'm in raids normally and has no issues i won't leave, I've just had horrid luck finding a good guild lately.

I'm confused by a few things and would like some clarity.

You said you were doing better at SS uptime until recently? Can you show me an older log that verifies this?

You are just now practicing Vizier/sonic rings?

That made me curious so I looked more closely at your kills and I see you have 4 kills on Vizier, yet HoF has been out more than 3 months. Whats going on there? Maybe you addressed this and I keep overlooking it, but have you been actively raiding all tier? Did you start late, take a break, or main switch?

I'm confused by a few things and would like some clarity.

You said you were doing better at SS uptime until recently? Can you show me an older log that verifies this?

You are just now practicing Vizier/sonic rings?

That made me curious so I looked more closely at your kills and I see you have 4 kills on Vizier, yet HoF has been out more than 3 months. Whats going on there? Maybe you addressed this and I keep overlooking it, but have you been actively raiding all tier? Did you start late, take a break, or main switch?

I'm on my phone right now but when i get home in an hour or two I'll link some logs for you.

I was taking about the heroic rings, i have normal mastered to where I'm not hit ever. I haven't personally looked at that kill yet but i can assure you i can dodge simple rings like the ones on normal, i was talking about the heroic rings where they switch a bit from normal that I was hit by.

When i moved i was off for about 3 weeks which is a relatively medium length of time not to raid but since then my guilds have been horrid and i haven't clear nearly at all since because they simply don't do it, which i would be ok with if it was to get more progression time in but it isn't, they simply don't raid.

I will be curious to see those logs when you have a chance.

what I'm seeing now shows no pulls on HM Vizier. The most recent data shows 4 pulls to kill NM Vizier;

on the kill from 1/29 you took 11 hits of sonic rings http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zxntljatxf05skyi/details/3/?s=9615&e=9891

I can understand getting put in a bad spot, but as a pally you have the strongest counter measures for such things, I don't see a HoP or Divine Shield.

I will wait to see if you can provide logs that show otherwise, but your experience this tier and logs you've posted have me quite concerned about viability as a 25 HM tank.

I will be curious to see those logs when you have a chance.

what I'm seeing now shows no pulls on HM Vizier. The most recent data shows 4 pulls to kill NM Vizier;

on the kill from 1/29 you took 11 hits of sonic rings http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zxntljatxf05skyi/details/3/?s=9615&e=9891

I can understand getting put in a bad spot, but as a pally you have the strongest counter measures for such things, I don't see a HoP or Divine Shield.

I will wait to see if you can provide logs that show otherwise, but your experience this tier and logs you've posted have me quite concerned about viability as a 25 HM tank.

Oh wow, no those logs are messed up like no other then because we did like 4 or 5 pulls on heroic.