Beware the Shadows

Urmac

The looking over of LoTC was because I was hoping to eventually roll/receive the heroic version, as were doing 10H MSV on weekly basis, but now the guild is not doing it anymore. The issue now, however, is saving the valor I get from now on to purchase the neutral 522 valor pieces when the patch hits.

I understand and appreciate all your information about glyphing. It all does make sense as well, certainly changes I am happy to make should I be accepted.

Additionally, to show that I am well aware of the optimal gear I need, I put this together early on on the expansion to have a clear goal as to what to get and where to get it from. Though of course, this has been changed due to the availability of raids I was brought in for so I had to take pieces I was actually able to get.

http://chardev.org/p...74-Winning.html

The only issue being that CharDev does not include the valor piece upgrades, which if all pieces were upgraded, or obviously the key pieces needed, puts me over hit cap and haste breakpoint.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is understandable, however I think I probably still would've upgraded whatever was most useful at the time and worried about the upgrade later, as it now costs you that you have other pieces upgraded that give a fraction of the benefit, but hindsight is 20/20. Currently, according to your armory, you are about ~120 haste over the breakpoint, why not reforge this into a different stat? I know sometimes it is hard to get exactly to the BP but that seems a bit too far over to the point where it seems like an oversight.

Being slightly over the haste breakpoint was simply me not using any addon or website to try and get as close as possible to the breakpoint without re-reforging several other pieces to squeeze it in.

E: Now reforged and glyphed properly. I really do hope my oversights do not impact my application -too- much, admittedly as I mentioned earlier, I have not been on top of my game with the guild atmosphere I have been in.

My apologies.

Finally I love being a Shadow Priest because it seems to be the one class out of all the others that just comes naturally for me. Having played it for several years, to me, despite the changes over the two expansions, it still feels easy to me. Others say to me 'Uhg, how can you play a dot class, its so confusing' and I just sit there and shrug because I do not find it challenging at all.

I use Tidy Plates along with my ShadowedUnitFrames with built-in timers to monitor my dot uptime. Admittedly, when things get hectic and there is lots of movement, they tend to fall ot sometimes. For Feng, as per the example given, I would use the two examples. One being if I have the fire in that phase, if bad timing shows up, I have to move first, then redot. Also in shield phase, same thing, keeping Mind Sear up until all of the adds die is more important than refreshing dots on the boss in time. In other words, closer watching of ability timers, and anticipating the refreshing before the abilities go off would be an area of improvement.

I feel there is a bit of of a disconnect with these two responses. In the first case you say that playing spriest / a dot class is very easy for you. In the second case you give examples of why your dots fall off - because things got hectic, because you had to move a lot, because you didn't plan or anticipate a mechanic, etc. Well, those are the things that make playing a dot class challenging. Of course it is easy to maintain dots on a target dummy, but we don't have that luxury on most raid encounters.

If we accept you for a trial on the team, those are the things you would need to demonstrate mastery of.

I get where you're coming from. I was trying to show with my examples in Feng is that there are situations where doing everything possible to ensure dots are up is not most efficient. Standing in the fire and stressing healing, or causing the raid to have to re-position while I try and get my refresh in is more hurtful to the group during progression. Additionally, my dot up-time was better on the Dec. 30th log I referred to, as SWP/VT had a combined up-time of 92%.

Additionally, dots can be refreshed at any time for whatever reason, however, constantly blowing GCDs on dot refreshing just to make totally sure they will now all off will also result in losses in overall damage.

I am not saying I do not have things to improve on, and I also understand it is difficult to prove my case with the situation's lack of evidence. I may sound like a broken record at this point, but I just hope it is understood that some [not all] faults you may see throughout the sporadic logs is partly due to a lackadaisical attitude I had as the guild slowly fell apart. This is why I have been referring you to Dec. 30th and Jan. 10th.

Additionally, please consider that my overall gear level was much lower for those two dates, as I now finally have the 502 off hand which was 476 due to horrible luck/loot decisions, the 509 dagger, and several weeks to put in valor upgrades.

Might I suggest you attempting some LFR runs and uploading some logs of those runs yourself so that we have something more up-to-date to look at? It will be LFR so it won't carry as much weight as logs from an actual raid, but it can give us an opportunity to see how you perform currently, and when you're focused.

Absolutely. I will create a WoL account and run though all of LFR tonight. To make it clear as glass, I will also be doing everything I can to stay out of bad stuff, since it is irrelevant on LFR. This way, if you feel that my damage taken, which could be correlated to the heroic version, is too high.