11/16H Shadow Priest

Lighti

Hello, I got a letter in the mail the other day and desided to look you guys up. I figured that i would put in an application and see what happens. Now I have been apping to a lot of guilds the past two or three days and they all seemed to want general information so I'm going to start with that.

Character name: Lightî (thats alt 140) I am more than willing to change it.

Class & Spec: Shadow Pirest

Name: Jon

Battletag: Jonlightî#1740

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Light%C3%AE/advanced

LOGS: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/udr67khkmureftuv/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o6wp0dqx3vbhrp6y/analyze/dd/source/?s=7101&e=7742

Please note I never kept track of my own logs there are a lot of them and i picked a cupple of links i hope this will due if not please let me know i can go fishing for more. Honestly im not the biggest fan of logs nor do i personally log fights.

Gear, gem, reforging, spec, and glyph choices: Stat priorities is hit>haste>crit>mastery. Int being the best thing i can have. I use haste to the point of my soft haste cap that is 8085 w/o goblin racial and then roll as much crit as possible for more apparitions. Then you go with mastery to up the proc chance of dots ticking multiple times per tick.

My off spec is heals Yet in my last guild i never healed. We had 4 other people with healing off specs so my healer set is trash. I was going to improve it this patch because i used to heal all the time it wasn't until firelands that my main spec became shadow and i was off heals. (this was due to the guild i was in had to many healers and i was an officer of that guild and i rolled dps just because I could hold my own over the other healers)

Aas for my UI it's a little complex I have 1/2 my bars hidden and the key bindings are most of those bars. the best way i can show you my UI is from my stream. Yes I stream raids and other games on off nights. if you really want a picture I can get you one otherwise you can see how I play how my macros work and my awareness all in one package at: http://www.twitch.tv/lightjfo/b/375058202

Please note that this link is the last raid I did with my former guild there are other videos you can look at as well. Also I have no boss mods on for this fight because they were glitching even though I updated them right b4 raid.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla and onwards. Been playing for 8 years only really missed the end of wrath (b4 you could pug it on alts in practically greens) But i still killed LK b4 cata.

My Class and the roll i see it filling:

I am a utility class. I have CDs to pop to keep a raid alive i have Dispersion, one of the most op CDs ever thought up right next to bubble. I use void shift OFTEN to save tanks and healers. I use life grip in clutch moments and I heal if i need to. Even though my roll is ment to do as much dmg as possible to the boss i know that if key players are dead my main job becomes meaningless. You can see everything on my stream yet again. Pretty sure i use Voidshift to save a tank in the video and life grip as well. Side note i do what im asked i dont care if it will make my dps fall if the boss dies. I am also very vocal for cds and all that good stuff. =)

Resources:

I use wow heros, Icecy veins (even though they arnt so great) and Shadowpriest site to keep up with my class. I also Sim now and then to min max at my own benifit.

Veiws on 5.2 and my Class:

With the Changes to Shadow, those being shadow word insanity, glyph of MS change, 5% increase to dmg over all and our 25% dmg buff to pain, shadow priest seem to be in a good place. I still believe that they could be better than what Blizzard allows but some things you just got to live with. The thing that i took notice of the most would be the MS glyph. With the nerf/ tweaking of the glyph our burst really has gone down for those quick burns that we used to be able to do. Yet it is still useful for burning low hp single target adds. Also at the same time the Glyph change really makes SWI very attractive. I personally like it for any fight i can stand still on for any burn durration. It's great for single target anything. Yet movement is a new fasion that is becoming some what of a general type of fight in current content. I Have found that I am changing my talens more than i would in 5.1. I adv about 20-40 tomes a week.

Now that the general information has been stated i would like to mention the last time i was in a 25 man raid was back in wrath and its been a while. Also i was healing back then so... ya. Over all if i were to get into the guild i would look up information needed to be able to hold my own for content ect. I dont mind doing my h/w when it comes to pushing progression. As far as my computer goes it should be able to handle 25 man setting with out any issues its over qualified for wow to be honest. If there are any questions or if you need more information on my raiding background or anything at all please post or add my battle tag if you are interested. I read over some forums and slapped this app together for you guys I hope it's what you're looking for in an app.

Hey Jon, thanks for the application! As the resident spriest in the guild right now, I have a few questions that I would like to ask you! First off, I notice that you are not using your 4 piece bonus from T14, but instead have an off-piece helm and T15 gloves. What is your reasoning behind giving up that bonus? I find it interesting that you say you are changing talents more often now than in the previous tier, because I am finding it to be quite the opposite in all honesty, MFI and PI are by far our best combo for almost all scenarios, and when something is changed, it usually isn't MFI in my experience. Whereas in 5.1 almost every fight required a completely different setup. I'm also curious as to what your thoughts are on the new stat priority in this tier? Lastly, you told us a lot about you and your gaming experience, how about you tell us a little bit about your personality, and what makes you interesting, along with what interests you about our guild.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing your responses!

Nice uptimes on Feng:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e47bdp928et5mn31/details/49/?s=921&e=1266

I tried to find a log where you did Blade Lord but it seems like they sat you every time for that fight - any reason?

Took a quick glance at your Vizier parses to get a sense of your survivability:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ge2ddbyxo0l96r97/survivability/?enc=bosses&boss=66791

Looking at your death it doesn't seem unreasonable altho you were getting nipped by rings more than some of the people on your team.

Could you let us know why you are leaving your current guild? Right now I think your logs look pretty good overall, but I strongly prefer applicants who are acclimated to 25m raiding. There is a ton more visual "noise" and the responsibility on the individual to manage avoidable damage is a lot higher due to how much more intense the damage can be. Have you thought about this - will you enjoy 25m and be good at it?

More generally, is there anything about our guild that caught your interest in particular?

Thank you.

First off i would like to thank you guys for respawning to my app so quickly, its refreshing to see a guild ontop of their recruitment game. I'll answer the questions in the order given.

As or why i let my 4 set go so easily please not i still have my other gloves sitting in my bags and honestly only raided without my 4 set one night. I talked with another priest a while back about the T14 set and other gear and basically went on his advice about state weights out ways the T bonus. the increase to pure int according to him is better than an increase in the dot times. Even though i do understand that tin the crease to the dot times up the amount of ticks our dots do and honestly the teir set is great. I didn't see a drop in my dps at least a noticeable one when not using my teir set. Honestly if you would like to discuss the negatives and positives i haven't read or found anything on the teir sets stating that our 4 set should be kept until other set bonuses are achievable. The reason i change talents more, understanding that MFI and PI are two great abilities and can possibly be our bet combo, is because of high movement. I find being able to hit the boss or adds while on the move lets me sustain more dmg over all. Please note that i raided in a 10 man i had multiple jobs a lot of them involved movement and i couldn't plant for the entire duration of PI for the boss fights of throne that i have done. I also go through different glyphs constantly. As for our stat weights from what i have read up on mastery is beginning to look more attractive with that 100% crit trinket yet all my reading has been from PTR i was going to give it a week so actually this week is when i was going to look over forums again to see whats changed. With every patch i tend to give it a week after its released to see what other peoples thoughts are out there and then go about testing them all in my spare time. Haven't had the chance to do that quite yet but i should be able to this week, last week was midterms for me.

As for my personality I'm a laid back kind of guy who enjoys playing games and hanging out with my friends. I'm easy to get along with and enjoy getting to know new people. I'm a college student currently unemployed out in California. I don't like to cause drama so i avoid it like the plague and take criticism well. If you would like more info on me I would love to talk over some form of chat other than typing. It feels odd typing out what im like lol.

As for my logs we were a 10 man guild with 12 raiders one of those being a mage who had blues on. I sat for a lot of fights towards the end to allow him to get gear I also had everything i needed off blade lord. There was no other reasons to why i sat that fight. As for Vizier i got hit more often than others for multiple reasons if you are looking at the week right b4 5.2 i wont lie myself and the entire guild wasnt feeling it that week. But that being said its not really a reason. That fight and myself never got along. Either someone would jack my feathers or i was getting hit even when there wasnothing near me. Yet I'm very durrable so a little bit of dmg never scares me. Dispersion is a very useful thing to have.

To why i left my old guild, yes past tense. I left because of an officer who desided that she did not want to raid on monday because she didnt feel like raiding she also knew she is one of our core healers and on a heal intensive fight she would be needed. She also raged at me while we were discussing the fight over mumble. Her and other guildies negative attitude has been building up for the past two months and it finally got to me so i simply left the guild. I was witht his guild for over a year it feels like. I knew them very well and even though it might be looked down on for me just up and leaving, I have my reasons. I did not rage i did nothing wrong and in a normal situation like this i would just let it go but people not wanting to raid because we have a "12 man" roster only shows signs of a guild soon to fall appart. This guild that i was in had 4 10 man raid groups all progressing well at at their own rate. in the past 2 months it went from 4 groups to 1 10 man raid group because of guild drama. The guild was a giant server drama waiste land. This is why I left I hope it does not give any bad impressions I really am a nice guy who just wants to play this game and see bosses die.

As for the 25 man diffrence. I know and understand that many people who raid 25 mans look for people who come from those raid groups. Honestly 10 man 25 man is not a big deal to me. Its a new envoirment sure, ill get used to it. I pick things up quickly and avoiding damage is not a hard thing for me to do. Honestly if it hits harder it sounds like more fun. For dodging things i understand how my Vizier fight might make me look bad because yet i was getting hit by things but that was only because i could get hit by them with out any negative outcomes. If getting hit was like steping on a windbomb then i wouldn't accept me as an applicant. I used be a gm of a raiding guild i know key points people look for and i wont lie i know that my lazzyness in 5.1 might be looked down on but the only reason i let myself get hit was because i knew that it wasnt a big deal. It wasnt a life or death situation and it wouldnt make the group not be able to kill the boss. I would never purposly hold back a guild by doing silly things like not dodging something avoidable.

As for your guild. I havent actually talked to any of you and the people in the guild is what makes the guild. I read on your forums for a while until i finally put in an app. I also looked at your progresstion through people who raid with you guys. You are at a desent progression in 5.2 and have prgressed well in 5.1. None of this matters what really matters to me is that the group of people are worth raiding with. Your prgression opened the doors in my mind and the quick reply to my app only makes this guild seem that much better to me. We are all people after all right? we should all respect the fact that someone apped and i couldnt thank you any more for replying as silly as that sounds but guilds will just let apps sit even though they tell you to app to their guild. Its quite frustrating. I hope that what i have said is something you are looking for again any more questions about me or anything else please feel free to ask.

Female gob was because i got sick of looking at the male goblin and i dont pvp because i just think its broken. i have a very basic pvp set and ill pvp when im bored but i just never got into it. Either im out geared or my partners vanish for arena or it just gets old. I am also waiting for the new skins for trolls and undead before i pick a new race. But rocket jump is so much fun!

Hey Lighti, sorry for the delayed response, today was a busy day!

As far as the T14-4 Piece goes, breaking this is a huge mistake unless you're going to a 2 piece T15 set up. I faced a similar dilemma myself but the 4piece bonus is simply too strong to give up for anything less than the T15 bonus. As far as the stat weights go, this was somewhat of a trick question, since over the past week or so a new revelation has come up in the Spriest community about Haste actually being the best stat to stack even past the 8085 break-point once you reach a certain iLvl (~507), I was simply testing to see if you were up-to-date ;).

Edit: I haven't found a fight yet in 5.2 that I haven't preferred MFI on, (only 8/12 though so who knows), mainly since FDCL seems to be bugged and the proc rate has been absurdly low for me lately. The tier 5 talents though are switched around quite often.

Edited by Twelvesoft

Haste actually being the best stat to stack even past the 8085 break-point once you reach a certain iLvl (~507), I was simply testing to see if you were up-to-date ;).

Just for my own curiosity: Is that contingent on still having 4pc T14? It seems to me that increased DoT time could be what is overweighting Haste. No math or research to back that up, just a thought.

Edited by Evgeny

Hmm alright thanks for the info and i figured the T14 was best until you had 2 set in T15. I never found anything about the haste though that's good to know. FDCL seems to work fine for me when multi doting other wise yes it feels like it procs less single target.

Hi Lighti,

You're definitely interested in us for the right reasons, so that is good start. The concerns I have initially are related to your diligence. It seems like you've indicated that you don't really like logs / aren't familiar with using them, but that's a really important tool for a DPS to analyze his/her performance and improve. You also take a fairly casual approach to trying various things without reviewing current theorycraft etc.

To be fair, we've had exceptional players who have almost no regard for theorycraft. They just figure out their own way by intuition and do very well. But those players are definitely the exception, no the rule. So I'm just a little cautious.

You clearly said a lot in your app, so I don't want to pick on you, but just some friendly advice - a spell check or a little proof reading could make the posts a lot more readable. :)

You can add my btag ashin#1840 so that we can chat in game. I'm going to talk with one of my officers and see if an interview is in order.

Thanks.