Yatta 505 MistWeaver

Yatta

Howdy all,

My name is Yatta/Joseph. I play a mistweaver monk that is need of a good raiding guild to plant some roots with. I been playing this silly game since right before BC launched. I really like the feel of killing new bosses, meeting great people and having a great time.

The dude behind the endless army of female toons(insert obvious joke about oddity of male playing female toons). My name is Joseph. I am a computer science student that is working on my bachelors degree. I have been going to school for what seems like forever. I am highly cynical restaurant server. Watch way too much TV and am currently addicted to the walking dead.( eagerly awaiting the demise of aundrea) I also envy the life of my bassett hound.

My time in wow.

As I said before I been playing since right before BC was launched. Some friends talked me into trying the game. I agreed while declaring no way in hell it was a neat as they claimed it to be. Well it's now been longer than I care to admit. All I have ever done is heal. It is what makes the game rewarding and fun to me. Could be some form of a god complex but heh who knows....

In BC I raided on a holy pally that saw up to non-nerfed Felmyst, she killed the guild in more ways than just a wipe.

In Wrath I played all the healer classes except for a shaman. I played so many diffferent healers because I was the assistant to the healing lead. Whatever we needed I rolled that class. Saw a variety of hard modes and was on a semi casual team. I say semi casual cause we got down most of the non-hardcore heroic modes i.e. Putricide, LIch king, etc....

In Cata I raided on my disc priest. She was my main until I took DS off raiding wise. Saw up to 6/7HM Firelands. Ragnaros was beyond the capabilities of our team. I cleared DS the first week it was out and was less than impressed with the instance. I had been raiding for quite some time so I decided it was a good time to take a break.

Which brings me to MOP. I raided with a 25 man team that later split into a 10 man team on Stormrage. I was in for 10/16HM. ( they killed the 11th boss while in was class) Sadly 2 months after we came to Stormrage the GM and RL both decided they were burned out and needed to take a break from wow. The dominoes fell and the team went their separate ways.

Link for my monk

http://us.battle.net.../Yatta/advanced

World of logs:

Logs are a bit odd since i havent raided for awhile. From the 20th of Jan on there are some logs with me in them.

http://www.worldoflo...calendar/01-13/

Sadly this is the best I have for logs.

When it comes to healing i pride myself of being incredibly flexible. Given notice and time to prepare there is no role that I think is beyond me. I like everything that comes with healing. I am not one of those people that joins as a healer then is begging a few weeks later to dps or what have you. I think of myself as a surgeon. I fix what needs fixing and keep my out for any potential problems that will need healing attention. Numbers and meters ( though they have their value) are not important to me. Bosses dying in an efficient manner and seeing content is what really matters to me. I can and do talk on mumble when needed

So all in all I am hoping to join a team that will allow me to keep doing what I love to do and meet some great people too. I am looking for a place that I can make a home for my toon in this crazy game. Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my application. Hope to hear from you all soon and have a great day. In case ya have any questions for me Battle Tag : Joseph#1385

Edited by Yatta

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am highly cynical restaurant server.

This is all I needed to read to know that we'll get along fabulously.

Watch way too much TV and am currently addicted to the walking dead.( eagerly awaiting the demise of aundrea)

And this is generally all that the tribe needs to read in order to derail an applicant thread with massive tangents about this show.

Well done.

I'm glad to see your app and have several initial questions.

#1 To save some time can you please go through the logs that are still available and select a few fights / nights where you feel you did particularly well?

#2 Why monk? You've experienced most healing classes in the game, so describe to me what you see as the main strengths of the monk as a healer. What does she bring my team that other healers could not do better? Likewise, what are the drawbacks? (We love healers who have played multiple healing classes in the game, btw. We think its valuable and helps assure us that you won't get burnt out from healing.)

#3 Talk to me about utility and please provide examples of ways in which you exercised MW's unique utility during T14 heroic progression. What do you bring us above and beyond HPS?

#4 Sam or Dean?

#5 I think it's fair to say that our team is a cut above your previous teams, at least in terms of progression / ranking. Convince me that you're ready for the step up. Why SoH? What stands out about us to you?

#6 Thoughts on drunken bg's with the guild?

#7 I have no other questions right now but prefer to end the list on seven instead of six. Good luck with your app. :)

Question answers

1)1/24 & 1/30 are two logs where I was in for a lot of the fights.

2) Well I was on the Beta for some time before monks hit the ground running. My favorite thing about my monk is the versatility of the class. With proper planning the AOE burst is quite potent and I liked that though not always practical they can tank heal if the situation arises. I also like the surgery tools they possess Cocoon, envelop, and surging mist I have always relished being the healer that can switch targets and be a super reliable safety net for the healing team.

My biggest concern for the class is the randomness of the heals. Sometimes it can feel like you aren't in complete control of your healing abilities.

3) I love how many tools for surviving for the class has. From Zen med to diffuse magic and fort brew the class can live through so much. Add to that one of my favorite moments is when i was helping tank lei shi. We were in the middle of wiping and I taunted Lei shi, popped zen med and tanked him while the dps finished him off. It is neat things like that really draws me to the class. Add to that ring of peace has added another unique tool to the class that I can't wait to see what I can do with.

4) Sam no doubt.

5) This past team I was on, without the delay when we switched servers, had the potential to be something special with T14 I think. What makes me know i am ready for this type of challenge is every time there is unique mechanic that needs to be handled (assuming my class can handle it) I am usually given that assignment. I have always been the healer that when you give them an assignment you can consider that task handled. Also I have always gone with the idea that smarter not harder is the best way to operate. Your accomplishments with your schedule fit that ideology perfect. It is something that is incredibly impressive and appealing.

6) Though I don't have a ton of pvp gear I used to pvp a lot. Need about 203000/250000 for my bloodthirsty achievement. Could I bring my Johnny Walker black and server horror/humor stories to the party?

7) Why thank you for asking where my toon name comes from. It is from the show Heroes, the time traveler guy always said it when he was excited and happy. Turns out it means joy in Japanese.

You don't drive a Nissan Versa, do you?

Actually I assumed it was just a hat-tip toward anime. But Heroes was great - do you know why it got canceled so early? I thought it was very popular, and wanted more. :(

Why Sam?

And what do you mean about randomness of healing? (Answer as if you are speaking to a non-monk..)

I do not drive a Nissan Versa.

Sadly Heroes finished so early do to atrocious writing. Season 1 was amazing as you mentioned but it was all downhill from there.

Sam though of course not perfect, approaches things the way I like to. Research, planning and well thought out strategies. I always got the impression he feels like with time to prepare he can figure any situation out. Even if it means he has to drink demon blood!

As a priest, druid, shaman and pally everything you do is targeted. Most of of the toolbox can be controlled for the most part. Monks function a lot differently than that. One of the biggest parts of the monk class is how renewing mists functions. The jumps and how it spreads is supposedly smart but there are times it makes ya wonder. Add to that the lvl 30 talents have a randomness to them as well. (aside from maybe chi wave) All ya can do is plan accordingly and try to ensure everything is setup.To help ya succeed and remain an asset of any raid team.

Hey Yatta,

Its nice to see another mistweaver!

So I have a couple of questions regarding healing style after patch 5.2. Do you find yourself fistweaving at all or casting soothing mists mostly? Is this something you change per fight or prefer one style to the other? How do you feel about the chi generation of soothing mists vs jab? Do you like to use expel harm to generate chi?

As for glyphs, I see you currently have Life Cocoon, is this just for pvp? What glyphs do you typically use for pve?

On to talents! I find myself changing talents a lot, do you switch things up often? I've felt chi wave has been pretty weak after 5.2 (in 25's), what are your thoughts on the lvl 30 talents for a 25 man raid? What sort of fights would you choose Chi Brew over Ascension or power strikes? Do you like to use chi torpedo?

I see you are also reforging all haste to get to the next haste breakpoint on renewing mists, has this worked well for you?

The dude behind the endless army of female toons(insert obvious joke about oddity of male playing female toons).

My name is Joseph. I am a computer science student that is working on my bachelors degree

How did I miss that? Me and this guy will get along just fine. So Ashin, he has my approval... for now.

Don't forget Hayden Panettiere on Heroes - she couldn't act her way out of an invisible mime box, much like some other young actors/actresses. I couldn't get past episode 1 (nor watch that Bring It On! movie she was in [which WERE great movies until that one]) so maybe i'm just biased.

0000 0001) Do you watch any anime? If so, what series? If not, that's cool bro. To each their own.

0000 0010) I see you play the lot of healing classes as only healers. Ever tried the different roles for a significant time? Just one day be all "Ashin, i'm going tank!" or "Feja, I'm going DPS!" or "Inedit, i'm going giraffe!"

0000 0011) Do you mess around with any customization programs? Rainmeter, Classic Shell, Clover, 8GadgetPack, FreshUI, etc.?

0000 0100) Are you against pet names? Up to an including the following: Joe, Joey, Josef, Jose, Anna, George or Optius Prime?